• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rakudai soul and resistance

All characters should gain Soul Manipulation by virtue of being capable of materializing their souls as a weapons.

• Blazers. They were irregular people, found one-in-a-thousand, who could each materialize his or her soul as a weapo called a Device.
  • An aurora shined forth to create a zone of heat in the chairman's room, and a long sword clad in flames appeared in Stella's hand. It was a Device made from a Blazer's soul.
  • The blade of their souls struck each other back faster and harder without a step back. To defeat such an opponent would require becoming even faster, even stronger - endlessly improving each other.
  • Ikki, clad in a blue light, thrust Stella away and plunged to the net of incoming slashing attacks,― OOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOO――――!!!! The motivation of the loud scream and his whole soul were placed on《Intetsu》and he swung it.
Something to note is that the series treats "fate" and "soul" as linked. That's why:

• Is that the reason we have the strength of fate as a blade?
  • Indeed, the crystallization of Ikki's soul, his blade Device Intetsu, had a large part of it sliced off.ÒÇîWhat happened? A Device shouldn't even bend, let alone break, but…!ÒÇìThe commentator was again in confusion. This was only natural. A Device was constructed by crystallizing magic power with incredible density. Even after having broadcasted matches between knights for a long period of time, Iida could only count the number of times he had seen a Device break on one hand.
So the device is a manifestation of one's soul, while the soul is the strength of one's fate. They are the same thing in context. Or as explained in other cases. The device is the soul, but it's also magic. Magic is depended on fate. The size of your fate dictates the size of your magic capacity.

Furthermore this would also give them resistance to soul based attacks, as they are attacking each-other's souls all the time. This would be a very limited resistance as it would only affect the type of soul manipulation that attacks or hurts your soul. Sucking or pushing their soul out would not get affected by this (at least logically speaking).

• Yes. "Fairly" didn't even begin to describe it. The Device represented a Blazer's soul. If damaged or broken, the mental feedback was painful enough to easily render them unconscious. With Tiger Bite possessing the power to destroy even Devices, even the very act of crossing blades with him was like exposing one's heart to him and requesting death.
And Ikki Kurogane along with characters who can stand in edelweiss' presence should get resistance to Edelweiss' soul manipulation (her Desperado hax being able to affect the soul), from being able to fight in her presence. The exact scale of this is unknown, but the biggest known scale would be Edelweiss fighting the army of 300'000 people.

• However, the conflict of both armies ended in a failed attempt. But why? The truth was that the military strength of both countries, which easily had over 300,000 soldiers in total, was entirely annihilated by a single girl.
AP and Lifting Strength
Ok so, this is a lot quicker. Everyone who scales from Fu Xiaoli's lifting strength with Taizan (meaning Stella and above) get Class P lifitng strength. From User blog:Firephoenixearl/The weight of Edelberg. Pretty straight forward.

Then there is the User blog:Firephoenixearl/Calculating Astral Force which apparently has a correct calc however there is a bit of uncertanity from Damage not being sure whether we should take the calc that only takes a portion of the damage or the one with the full damage. Either way i'd personally say that "At least Low 5-B, likely 5-B" seems like the best option.

I agree with Low 5-B to 5-B for Astral Hammer.

As for the soul thing, I would say no based on other precedents like this (Aura in RWBY and Armament Haki for OP). The Ikki quote is flowery writing and it's overall never really emphasised that everyone can damage souls.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I agree with Low 5-B to 5-B for Astral Hammer.
As for the soul thing, I would say no based on other precedents like this (Aura in RWBY and Armament Haki for OP). The Ikki quote is flowery writing and it's overall never really emphasised that everyone can damage souls.
Ok ty

And yeah i removed that Ikki part, i just put it there to get more opinions but i wasn't sure on it. I assume you agree with the soul resistance scaling from Edelweiss/Desperado hax?

I mean, I would say they should have Soul Manipulation, but not combat applicable, since they can manifest their souls.

I'm not too sure about Edel's Soul hax scale, since the text doesn't imply that she affected them with her aura.

I agree with the "At least Low 5-B, possibly 5-B" to Astral Force, but let's better wait until the calc is fully accepted. Ans the lifting strenght seems completely fine.

And, if that was the case, then to reach《Wings Abreast》…!

― The time to pay her back for what happened in the Baltic Crisis has finally come.

At that time, both Kiba and he, who participated as soldiers from their respective positions in《League》and《Union》, couldn't even go against the power of gravitational pull that《Wings Abreast》had… they weren't themselves anymore.

It doesn't say all the army, so no.So what kind of resistance to soul hax would they get? If that's the scale then it is the scale of what? Because they resist their soul having fear induced into them, but it is not resistance to your soul being taken out, or destroyed, or damaged, or something else. Seems like Soul-based Fear hax.

Im not sure, last time I did a soul hax thread it was a conclusion on it shouldn't be divided into types. So i don't know if it's even allowed to be divided into types.

What about tanking hits with their souls, you agree?

From what I know, if you resist you soul getting hit, that doesn't mean you can resist getting your soul out of your body, but I could be wrong.

In theory, the fact that they can break a Device means that they can break souls since Devices ARE souls, but they can only break with an attack far stronger of what they can tank, but it's not like they attack the other person's soul with each attack.

Ionliosite said:
From what I know, if you resist you soul getting hit, that doesn't mean you can resist getting your soul out of your body, but I could be wrong.
In theory, the fact that they can break a Device means that they can break souls since Devices ARE souls, but they can only break with an attack far stronger of what they can tank, but it's not like they attack the other person's soul with each attack.
I mean, here's the thread, Thread:3503434. Conclusion "Soul manipulation comes in too many different forms for us to divide them in types".

The idea is, if their souls can tank attacks from 5-B attacks, then the souls would resist attacks from that much potency.

Firephoenixearl said:
I mean, here's the thread, Thread:3503434. Conclusion "Soul manipulation comes in too many different forms for us to divide them in types".

The idea is, if their souls can tank attacks from 5-B attacks, then the souls would resist attacks from that much potency.
I mean, it sounds weird that your soul can tank being ripped out by resisting your soul getting destroyed or vice versa, but ok.

I don't know, how would their souls tank 5-B attacks but their body can't tank 5-B attacks? Maybe I'm just not getting this part.

Their body can doe. I mean 5-B "soul ap" would get the people who either scale to the calc, or people who specifically have shown to have their device stand strong in front of ppl who scale (an example would be Ikki who for some reason has F rank magic but his sword doesn't get broken even by stella or iris).

Soul Manipulation looks fine if you note it's non-combat applicable.

Soul resistance seems iffy to me. If the quotes are to be taken literally, then Rakudai characters are perfectly fine with their whole souls being taken out of their bodies, no? If you turn your soul into a weapon, doesn't that imply you're giving it some sort of physical durability anyway?

Resisting Edelweiss' passive soul manip does seem okay, so long as the context backs it up.

I don't know. It's a manifestation of their soul but not their actual soul otherwise we'd have "soulless" on every profile. The "projection" of their soul can tank such things.

Doesn't seem to make contextual sense to have "soulless" on every profile either. Although I'm not doubting the argument is there if you distinguish mind and soul somehow but I think it's too iffy.

Well they aren't souless while they have their devices up, but the durability of the device is the strength of the soul. Which is why only people with more magic can break devices of people with less magic but not vice verse cus their soul is stronger.

Ionliosite said:
So what kind of resistance to soul hax would they get? If that's the scale then it is the scale of what? Because they resist their soul having fear induced into them, but it is not resistance to your soul being taken out, or destroyed, or damaged, or something else. Seems like Soul-based Fear hax.
Yeah, this actually makes sense. It's similar to how "The Fear" of As Nodt in Bleach works on the soul; they'd be capable of managing to fight under potent fear hax.

GyroNutz said:
Actually yeah that makes more sense to me
What are you referring to?

@BFF

I know it does, but i tried to change that part of Soul Manip, as you can read in the link above, everyone disagreed with my OP and said that there are far too many forms of soul manip so we cannot really divide into types.

I do not have much of an opinion about this. What are the overall conclusions here?

Manifesting one's own soul as a weapon (which seems incredibly unwise i.m.h.o.) should probably only grant "Limited Soul Manipulation".

Well yes limited.

The ap is agreed but we can call another calc member if needed.

The soul resistances are agreed but we don't know if they should be limited or not. In another thread it was agreed that it shouldn't be divided into types. So we're stuck.

If you elaborate regarding the problems, I might be able to help.

Everything is fine except that 300.000 soul manip, seems iffy to me can you give a full context of the scan? where is stated that she reap their soul or smthing like that.

Back