• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question and possible upgrade for Reisen Udongein Inaba

Quibster

She/Her
Glancing over her scaling, I was wondering if this was an oversight, or slated to be part of future revisions;

Why is Reisen High 6-A rather than 2-C ? Wouldn't the events of LoLK warrant this change, given her fight with Hecatia and Junko?

Or rather, would it be wiser to give her the following key: 2-C with Ultramarine Elixir Orb to maintain some consistency among tiers in the verse? I don't necessarily see why it wouldn't be warranted given the near boundless AP differences of these boss characters in Touhou 15.

Edit: Did ZUN comment on the use of the Elixir?

Last edited:
The UMoE doesn't amp people physically. The reason it's so effective against Junko is because her purification doesn't work on those who take the elixir. However, I do think Reisen could be 2-C; She's fought evenly with AoCF Mokou, and was stated to have grown in strength in doing so (keep in mind AoCF Mokou is "many times stronger" than IN Mokou), and Mokou doesn't hold back when fighting. So, the scaling is technically there, I just don't think it'd be from LoLK.

The UMoE doesn't amp people physically. The reason it's so effective against Junko is because her purification doesn't work on those who take the elixir. However, I do think Reisen could be 2-C; She's fought evenly with AoCF Mokou, and was stated to have grown in strength in doing so (keep in mind AoCF Mokou is "many times stronger" than IN Mokou), and Mokou doesn't hold back when fighting. So, the scaling is technically there, I just don't think it'd be from LoLK.
Fair enough!

I'll try and create a minor CRT thread then (link soon)

Oh yeah, I should also mention that Mokou should get AD off the 'many times stronger' statement, as well as direct scaling to people on Byakuren and maaaaaaaaybe Marisa's level via her AoCF route. This would also mean the IN characters might need to be updated in tandem in order to clarify that they only scale to pre-AoCF Mokou, although that can be saved for later if really necessary. god i hate scaling chains

Back