• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlastX

He/Him
There's been some weird thunderstorms forming around Eientei so Eirin sends Reisen to investigate and tells her to be prepared just in case.

So when Reisen arrived she meets with a Blitz and the demon goes after it's new prey.

Anyways it's Blitz VS Reisen.

Battle takes place in the Bamboo Forest Of The Lost.

Reisen has all her optional equipment, I get the feeling she will need it.

Speed Equal though I can take it off if it gets one sided against Reisen.

Blitz dies again (Reisen):1

Fried Rabbit (Blitz):1

Draw:0

Last edited:
Inaba takes this....
Blitz may have low godly via possession....but he can self destruct himself and die. You just need to constantly keep damaging it untill it goes berserking red and self destruct..

I don't recall Reisen ever being able to affect type 1 AE. Also, possession is an easy wincon that bypasses the fact that you normally need universal range to affect a youkai's mind.

I have no idea how Reisen's soulhax and power null factors in here but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say AE1 just says no.

Oh right, and passive fear hax lol

Blitz should take this relatively easily with equalized speed, probably incon if speed is unequalized.

Yes, but she doesn't have AE on her profile yet. We can't give people things in VS debates on the basis of "they'll probably get it later in a future CRT". As it stands right now, Reisen doesn't have AE, which means she literally cannot hurt Blitz.

I said this should've waited until the youkai AE CRT for a reason y'know

Only the soul of Blitz is AE1 of CM1.
His body can still be hurt physically.

Though yeah...Soul hax and mind hax are more or less useless against Blitz due to abstract nature of Soul and mind.

Though I believe he does have regen neg I need to check again.

Sadly he doesn't have regen neg...only baseline soul hax. Though I believe his self destruction can count as higher lvl soul hax since he destroy himself....his own resistance are 4D.

Reisen could probably keep her distance long enough to destroy Blitz's body (she probably has the AP advantage), but after that possession is an instant win that she can't avoid or counter in any way.

Under what conditions does Blitz use its self destruct? Reisen can't exactly use mindhax to drive Blitz insane and make it kill itself, but it'd still be good to know.

Yes, but she doesn't have AE on her profile yet. We can't give people things in VS debates on the basis of "they'll probably get it later in a future CRT". As it stands right now, Reisen doesn't have AE, which means she literally cannot hurt Blitz.

I said this should've waited until the youkai AE CRT for a reason y'know
I don't see how we can't say her mind isnt AE1 when they have accepted Youkai mind existing on a plane beyond the physical layer.

Because it isn't on her profile yet. This also doesn't change the result much; Reisen can destroy Blitz's physical body with little effort, but after that there's nothing stopping her from getting possessed, something which youkai are notably weak to as of CDS.

Not to mention her probability hax can affect abstracts things like soul and mind, which again, exist beyond the physical plane.

Because it isn't on her profile yet. This also doesn't change the result much; Reisen can destroy Blitz's physical body with little effort, but after that there's nothing stopping her from getting possessed, something which youkai are notably weak to as of CDS.
If Reisen got possesed, her true mind just create a new body, or just do nothing, ending in Incon.

If Reisen got possesed, her true mind just create a new body, or just do nothing, ending in Incon.
That's not what Symposium of Post Mysticism says.
unknown.png

There's nothing implying that possession in Touhou requires some sort of dimensional travel or universal range. Even if we did go with that interpretation, low tier DMC demons should still have dimensional travel, meaning Blitz could absolutely target Reisen's mind on the mental layer.

There's nothing implying that possession in Touhou requires some sort of dimensional travel or universal range.
But, it does? It's not directly mentioned but if Youkai who has their true mind on the Mental Layer got their mind possesed then it will have something to do with the Mental Layer.
Even if we did go with that interpretation, low tier DMC demons should still have dimensional travel, meaning Blitz could absolutely target Reisen's mind on the mental layer.
Sure.

Fair enough about needing range/dimensional travel to affect a youkai's mind, though it doesn't change the result because DMC demon physiology is ******* Stupid.

Blitz's current AP rating is wack. We don't consider using or tanking lightning as an 8-C feat anymore, we just list it as electricity manip or resistance to it, so that should be fixed. Naturally, we will have to fix the tiers of any other DMC character that scales to it, if there are any.

Blitz's current AP rating is wack. We don't consider using or tanking lightning as an 8-C feat anymore, we just list it as electricity manip or resistance to it, so that should be fixed. Naturally, we will have to fix the tiers of any other DMC character that scales to it, if there are any.
He is 8C because he is Lightning itself... physical becomes Lightning

Back