• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Additions & Upgrades CRT (PCB & IN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quibster

She/Her
A few profiles seem to be a little dated, I want to recommend the following changes. Some profiles have scaling and notes that should be looked over. Here are some:

( Please ignore the crossed-out lines. They contain suggestions/inquiries that already been addressed from the original post and should be disregarded. )

PCB Character Upgrades

Chen //
Range upgrade and Intelligence note. Firstly, she should have Infinite Range Higher with Extrasensory Perception exclusively. In Chapter 8 of Cheating Detective Satori, she managed to analyze every phantom in the netherworld, which is a realm that has been stated time and time again to be infinite in size. Tangentially related, it should be noted that the Netherworld is one of three places that humans go to after they die in the verse. It's not necessarily combat applicable in most cases, but it is worth noting under her range nonetheless.

The following note should be under her intelligence as well: She managed to calculate and predict the movements every single phantom, and was able to deduce that a powerful spirit was likely among countless of them. Both Chen and Ran are capable of analyzing every phantom in an instant, by 'digitizing' their data. Shikigami are also said to specialize mechanically in performing large amounts of work. I want to suggest making Chen's intelligence comparable to, but not superior to Ran Yakumo, due to these feats and for some clarification under that section.

Ran Yakumo //
Same Range Upgrade as Chen, alongside the newly proposed Intelligence Feats.

I would also like to discuss this feat, and whether or not it is qualifies as Possible Sealing for both characters. I also don't know the implications of these changes in relation to Yukari's profile, some input here would be nice by a supporter who knows more on the topic.

=================

IN Character Upgrades

Reisen Udongein Inaba //
After participating in the events of LoLK and AoCF, Reisen is in need of a substantial upgrade or possible key. Notably, in AoCF she fought evenly Mokou, who stated to be many times stronger than before, even after the events of IN's extra stage scenario. It should also be noted that Mokou doesn't hold back when fighting. Reisen should receive the following keys:

Pre Lunar Invasion / Imperishable Night ( High 6-A )

Post Lunar Invasion / Antimony of Common Flowers ( 2-C )

Fujiwara no Mokou //
There's a verse tier upgrade warranted for Mokou after the events of AoCF. Some discussion is needed here, especially on the 'many times stronger' claim.

TL;DR, Range feats and new Intelligence ratings for both Chen and Ran, a hard Sealing rating for Ran, possible sealing for Chen, and new keys for an upgraded Reisen.

Last edited:
Agree with the Chen upgrades and the basic idea of the Reisen upgrade (her being comparable to Mokou), neutral on everything else. Link to Ran's feat is broken.

I agree, also, what's the context for the Ran feat in the link? To me, it just seems like Ran and Chen are encircling a spirit with papers and themselves.

I agree, also, what's the context for the Ran feat in the link? To me, it just seems like Ran and Chen are encircling a spirit with papers and themselves.
Chen and Ran have encircled the supposed suspect of an incident. A powerful spirit of whom may be the cause of sudden possessions around Gensokyo.

Edit: The papers you pointed out are Ofuda of some kind, of which are strongly connected to exorcism and sealing in the verse

Chen and Ran have encircled the supposed suspect of an incident. A powerful spirit of whom may be the cause of sudden possessions around Gensokyo.
I'd say it needs more evidence and to be more blatant to be considered sealing. It could be anything else.

A few profiles seem to be a little dated, I want to recommend the following changes. Some profiles have scaling and notes that should be looked over. Here are some:

PCB Character Upgrades

Chen //
Range upgrade and Intelligence note. Firstly, she should have Infinite Range with Extrasensory Perception exclusively. In Chapter 8 of Cheating Detective Satori, she managed to analyze every phantom in the netherworld, which is a realm that has been stated time and time again to be infinite in size. Tangentially related, it should be noted that the Netherworld is one of three places that humans go to after they die in the verse. It's not necessarily combat applicable in most cases, but it is worth noting under her range nonetheless.
Neutral. The Netherworld is indeed infinite, but that doesn't necessarily mean the phantoms within are spread out across that infinite distance.

The following note should be under her intelligence as well: She managed to calculate and predict the movements every single phantom, and was able to deduce that a powerful spirit was likely among countless of them. Both Chen and Ran are capable of analyzing every phantom in an instant, by 'digitizing' their data. Shikigami are also said to specialize mechanically in performing large amounts of work. I want to suggest making Chen's intelligence comparable to, but not superior to Ran Yakumo, due to these feats and for some clarification under that section.
I could've sworn I added that to her intelligence ages ago, but if it's not there then it needs to be added. However, I disagree with scaling her directly to Ran; A shikigami's tails are indicative of their capabilities, and Chen has 2 while Ran has 9. I think gifted/genius is a fine rating for Chen, while Ran keeps EG off of the whole Sanzu River calculation thing.

Ran Yakumo //
Same Range Upgrade as Chen, alongside the Intelligence Feats due to also being a Shikigami.

I would also like to discuss this feat, and whether or not it is qualifies as Possible Sealing for both characters. I also don't know the implications of these changes in relation to Yukari's profile, some input here would be nice by a supporter who knows more on the topic.
Idk if this is really sealing; There are other feats of creating wards to prevent the approach of phantoms performed by other characters, though I guess that's a form of sealing in and of itself? Listing it as a possibly is fine, although Ran should get a solid rating as she keeps Chen sealed within a piece of paper.

Reisen Udongein Inaba //
After participating in the events of LoLK and AoCF, Reisen is in need of a substantial upgrade or possible key. Notably, in AoCF she fought evenly Mokou, who stated to be many times stronger than before, even after the events of IN's extra stage scenario. It should also be noted that Mokou doesn't hold back when fighting. Reisen should receive the following keys:

Pre Lunar Invasion / Imperishable Night ( High 6-A )

Post Lunar Invasion / Antimony of Common Flowers ( 2-C )
Easy agree. I think using two keys is best here, since IoM&IoE shows that pre-Lunar Invasion Reisen isn't comparable to Mokou to a comical extent.

Fujiwara no Mokou //
There's a verse tier upgrade warranted for Mokou after the events of AoCF. Some discussion is needed here, especially on the 'many times stronger' claim.
Eh, is that really necessary? Even if the statement itself isn't literal, it still indicates she's much stronger now, as she can take on characters like Marisa and Byakuren in AoCF.

TL;DR: Neutral on infinite range, disagree with scaling Chen's intelligence to Ran, agree with everything else.

Also disagree with Chen's intelligence fully scaling to Ran. The intelligence feat wasn't proposed when I gave my 50 cents on the CRT so I didn't even have a chance to form an opinion on it

Last edited:
Also disagree with Chen's intelligence fully scaling to Ran. The intelligence feat wasn't proposed when I gave my 50 cents on the CRT so I didn't even have a chance to form an opinion on it
Nope, I wrote 'comparable to, but not superior to Ran Yakumo'. I never wrote anything about fully scaling to it, beyond stating what Shikigami are capable of in the series. The Sanzu river feat makes Ran objectively more calculative and capable than Chen by default.

Neutral. The Netherworld is indeed infinite, but that doesn't necessarily mean the phantoms within are spread out across that infinite distance.
You make a fair point. Would 'Higher with Extrasensory Perception' with the note 'could detect, predict, and calculate the movements of every phantom in the netherworld' be more fitting?

I could've sworn I added that to her intelligence ages ago, but if it's not there then it needs to be added. However, I disagree with scaling her directly to Ran; A shikigami's tails are indicative of their capabilities, and Chen has 2 while Ran has 9. I think gifted/genius is a fine rating for Chen, while Ran keeps EG off of the whole Sanzu River calculation thing.
The Sanzu river feat exists on Ran's profile, however everything else regarding intelligence feats is absent-- same with Chen's profile.

I agree with the intelligence ratings you've proposed as well.

Easy agree. I think using two keys is best here, since IoM&IoE shows that pre-Lunar Invasion Reisen isn't comparable to Mokou to a comical extent.
Noted!

Eh, is that really necessary? Even if the statement itself isn't literal, it still indicates she's much stronger now, as she can take on characters like Marisa and Byakuren in AoCF.
Her profile only really covers feats from IN. Additional notes from AoCF would be good to include under sections such as AP and Durability.

edit: And to clarify her placing in the verse.

Last edited:
Her profile only really covers feats from IN. General additions from AoCF would be good to include under sections such as AP and Durability.
I was talking about your reservations on the "many times stronger" statement:
Personally, I don't think it'd matter one way or the other. The statement indicates she's gotten stronger, and we have a good idea of where she scales now, so I don't think we should split hairs over the specifics.

You make a fair point. Would 'Higher with Extrasensory Perception' be more fitting with the range feat noted alongside it?
That should work, yeah (y)

Yyyyeah I am kind of ambivalent about scaling Mokou directly to Marisa, especially now that 19 implies that Marisa scales to oni to some extent. However, I think putting her at hermit/Buddhist tier is fine since that's right in the middle of high tier scaling anyways.

Yyyyeah I am kind of ambivalent about scaling Mokou directly to Marisa, especially now that 19 implies that Marisa scales to oni to some extent. However, I think putting her at hermit/Buddhist tier is fine since that's right in the middle of high tier scaling anyways.
Almost the strongest human in the verse at this point

As if gameifying hax wasn't enough I guess :p

You guys are freaking lazy bastard for not contacting any staffs to come here 💀🗿

Well, good for you all, i have done my job on Honkai CRT so i can ask the staffs to come

maybe I should punish y'all and not evaluate one bit for the fiasco with my darling Patchy

So after the above discussion and with OP fixed, looks fine to me

The real purpose was for Ran to acquire portable Chen

Thank you Fuji and everyone for your insight!

Edit: Looking forward to the TH19 CRT!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back