• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Haxxed Final Bosses vs Haxless Protagonists

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Okay, this is something that has been bothering me for a while

What standards do we have when it comes to characters with no hax defeating beings who are basically Hax monstrosities in RPGs? (This also happens in games of another genre as well, but i am primarily focusing on RPGs because this is were it seems to happen the most). I personally think that calling it Game Mechanics is innacurate because the fights canonically happened, and weren't something akin to Random Encounters being capable of harming characters who outside of gameplay are like, 5-A or Low 2-C

It just feels wrong when characters whose main thing is stabbing / shooting stuff or throwing around generic Magics at it until it dies canonically defeat hax monstrosities such as Lavos or YHVH

So... Do we consider it a product of Game Mechanics, PIS or just assume they have some kind of Hax Resistance? (I find the last one to ne unlikely but i want to hear what others say)

Case by case, I'd presume. Lavos was beaten down by a H E C C ton of prep and a bit of PIS.

Back