• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as far as we have known knowledge about Sonic´s AP, he scales to Solaris and other beings who are actually classified as Low Multiverse level in his podium and as shown in his own profile, but there are actually counter-arguments against that claim through supposed statements in the course of the fight the trio had with the sun deity and other beings.

The argument comes from this guy(I will adress that I actually don´t agree with his claims but whatever):

1. Super Sonic doesn't scale to Solaris

Solaris itself is absolutely low multiversal l. Literally the very first thing Solaris does when it appears in the game is consume the entire timeline Sonic is in, with the cast only surviving because they were "caught by the spatial distortion". Whatever that means. Later, during the actual boss fight, Eggman also says this:

Dr. Eggman: That body of light is the sign of a super-dimensional life form. Standard attacks won't work on him! He eats dimensions for lunch!

Once again showing that Solaris has power on a cosmic scale. The important thing here, however, is that second line. "Standard attacks won't work on him". Even though Sonic has gone Super Sonic, he still can't hurt Solaris. Instead, Eggman suggests this:

Dr. Eggman: But... There should be something anchoring him in this dimension. That's probably the light shells that can be seen on his body. If all of those are destroyed, he can be defeated!

Super Sonic, Shadow, and Silver then all exploit this weakness to banish Solaris from their dimension.

...Except that doesn't work either.

Solaris comes back basically completely unphased. In fact, it's arguable that it just got stronger. We then get this sequence of dialogue:

Dr. Eggman: Ngh... Is it impossible to defeat a super-dimensional being after all?

Elise: No... Something's different... I can feel a large, powerful consciousness coming from Solaris!

Dr. Eggman: What? A consciousness!? Hmm... That's it! That's his core! Even if we can't stop his form, we can stop his consciousness!

Super Sonic, Shadow, and Silver then all attack Solaris' core to defeat it. Again, they aren't matching Solaris' power at all. All they're doing is exploiting a weak point Solaris has.

And even that doesn't defeat Solaris. After the battle, Sonic and Elise go... float in some void, at which point this exchange occurs:

Elise: Did you destroy it?

Sonic: No. That is the true Solaris.

So, not only did the combined efforts of Super Sonic, Shadow, and Silver exploiting Solaris' weak points not defeat Solaris, they weren't even fighting Solaris' true form in the first place. In fact, what ultimately kills Solaris is Elise doing some time shenanigans with Solaris' flame, not anything Sonic ever did.

The only case that can be made for Super Sonic scaling to Solaris is that you can survive his attacks in gameplay, though that just seems like gameplay mechanics to me. By the same line of reasoning, Moblins in Zelda would scale to Ganondorf since they can take hits from Link. It's just not a very strong piece of evidence, especially considering how everything else during the story emphasizes how overwhelmingly powerful Solaris is in comparison to Super sonic

2. Alf Layla wa-Layla isn't universal

Darkspine Sonic isn't really Super Sonic, but he's a similar enough form and he's usually touted as being universal, so I feel like I should address this too.
So, firstly, Darkspine Sonic is legitimately stronger than Alf Layla wa-Layla. There's no contextual shenanigans going on with that scaling, he just is. Furthermore, Alf Layla wa-Layla does legitimately turn the entire world of the Arabian Nights into a void, it's actually the very first thing he does.The problem is that the world of Arabian Nights is literally a book and is ridiculously easy to destroy.
Early in the game we hear that Erazor had already been destroying the world of the Nights by literally just cutting pages out of the book. Like with a sword. Later on Erazor summons the ifrit spirit to destroy any remaining pages by just setting them on fire. Ifrit's fire isn't even really that hot, it got put out by Sonic just dumping a bunch of water on it with a World Ring.
So, yes, Alf Layla wa-Layla did destroy the world of the Arabian Nights, but doing that just amounts to wiping out a bunch of pages in a book, not literally blowing up galaxies or stuff like that. The inhabitants of the Arabian Nights are just somehow able to physically interact with the pages they exist on as some weird form of hax.

3.) Super Sonic doesn't scale to the Egg Wizard

In Sonic Rush Adventure, we learn there's a power greater than the Chaos and Sol Emeralds, the Power of the Stars. According to Eggman Nega, the Power of the Stars is what allows Sonic and Blaze's universes to stay separate, so presumably one with the Power of the Stars would have the ability to move and merge universes, right? Right. The Eggmen then absorb the Power of the Stars into the Egg Wizard, and then Super Sonic beats them, simple scaling.
One problem with this.
Eggman is holding back. At the end of the battle, Eggman Nega reveals that they've had a "Planet-Buster Laser" the entire time, and they just haven't used it. It's also implied that had the laser fired then everyone would've died, given that Eggman calls out Nega as being a madlad for even attempting it and that Super Sonic and Burning Blaze don't even try to stop the blast, only moving once they get saved by Marine interrupting the laser's charge.
Plus, it wouldn't really make sense for Super Sonic to scale to the Power of the Stars anyways when, remember, the Power of the Stars is explicitly far stronger than the Chaos Emeralds.

So basically your arguments are:

Sonic don't scale to Solaris (which is wrong, Super Sonic was stated to be on Solaris's level),

Alf-Layla Wa Layla isn't universal (because warping a space-time continuum is somehow not universal?)

And that he doesn't scale to the Egg Wizard (yet Super Sonic and Burning Blaze defeated it)

Can anyone confirm if any of these arguments are legit?
Oh? They aren't your arguments?

1: Well, they aren't, Sonic does scale to Solaris, the light shells aren't a weak spot, and neither is his core, they both can take hits from his own attacks thanks to Silver, which debunks them being "weak spot", which debunks half of the person arguments, now his other is just using a false equivalency and using "gameplay mechanics" as a buzz word, in no game is taking hits from the final boss a gameplay mechanic, this guy is pretty much trying to say Sonic dodged all of his attacks, which is simply not true. Solaris being turned into a flame is direct consequence of him being defeated just like it happens to both Iblis and Mephiles, it proves nothing.

2: The Arabian Nights are an alternate reality in a book that contains infinite space, Erazor destroying it is a feat for him, so is the Ifrit, your friend is purposely downplaying other characters actual feats, the Ifrit's power and the power of the World Ring are just that strong, no reason to assume they are weak

3: Being stronger doesn't mean he can't scale, after all they beat him by fighting together, not indivudualy, plus he wasn't holding back, your friends argument is ilogical with itself, claiming the Egg Wizard is universal yet saying not using planet attack is holding back, anyways they were afraid of the planet exploding, not the attack's strengh, I don't understand how people still can't understand such a basic scene

Last edited:
3.) Super Sonic doesn't scale to the Egg Wizard

In Sonic Rush Adventure, we learn there's a power greater than the Chaos and Sol Emeralds, the Power of the Stars. According to Eggman Nega, the Power of the Stars is what allows Sonic and Blaze's universes to stay separate, so presumably one with the Power of the Stars would have the ability to move and merge universes, right? Right. The Eggmen then absorb the Power of the Stars into the Egg Wizard, and then Super Sonic beats them, simple scaling.
One problem with this.
Eggman is holding back. At the end of the battle, Eggman Nega reveals that they've had a "Planet-Buster Laser" the entire time, and they just haven't used it. It's also implied that had the laser fired then everyone would've died, given that Eggman calls out Nega as being a madlad for even attempting it and that Super Sonic and Burning Blaze don't even try to stop the blast, only moving once they get saved by Marine interrupting the laser's charge.
Plus, it wouldn't really make sense for Super Sonic to scale to the Power of the Stars anyways when, remember, the Power of the Stars is explicitly far stronger than the Chaos Emeralds.
Unless the Egg Wizard was holding back to an infinite extent there’s no reason why Super Sonic wouldn’t scale. Eggman was panicked because the attack had enough Area of Effect to destroy a planet he was intending to conquer.

Eggman stating the PoTS is superior to the Emeralds doesn’t automatically disqualify scaling. If S.Sonic and B.Blaze didn’t scale they’d have been one shot by the Egg Wizard and wouldn’t have been able to deflect its attacks.

Last edited:
The amount of times we've talked about and disproven #1 is disheartening, made worse by people here still agreeing with it
Ironically, the arguments came from a post about Sonic VS Goku and the guy was basically using a lot of head canons, I even countered his argument by saying this:

"Standard attacks won't work on him".

Besides from the statement itself being real at some point, you need to adress the context that normal attacks would not work against Solaris, so the trio had to destroy a powerful cosmic armor covering Solaris´s body to after that attack his core(Sonic using Arrow Of Light, Shadow using Chaos Spear and etc) and deactivate his consciousness(they are part of Solaris´s durability just to make clear), which doesn´t debunk the scalling, it´s a mere condition given on the fight that they needed to follow to destroy his physical form. (so in fact they were still damaging Solaris´s body and matching his power to a certain degree, also Sonic actually could resist to Solaris´s attacks and even move faster than he could react, showing Solaris can´t even maintain his own with Super Sonic or the rest of the trio).

Sonic damaged his consciousness, and being described as powerful doesn´t make Solaris a glass cannon at this rating, so the core is a part of his durability which Sonic and the rest of the trio damaged while he was on his physical state.(The entire body of Solaris consists in a super dimensional structure which Sonic damaged and destroyed making him go back to his original state of a single flame by the way.)

And another thing to adress is the very fact the guides itself from 06 states that Sonic was the only one who had power and strength to banish the living flame forever(which refers to Solaris).(in fact he manifested in every timeline which is the reason of why Sonic needed Shadow and Silver).

The light shells are part of Solaris´s cosmic armor which Sonic and the other had to damage to defeat him in his physical state, in fact the only thing that could erase Solaris from existence was the destruction of his soul(aka his flame which Elise erased out from the timeline she was and reseted everything after that, the true form is his flame or very essence that the trio didn´t destroy, only his physical state, which again, doesn´t debunk the scalling.)

''Alf Layla wa-Layla isn't universal''.

The argument from being a book doesn´t make sense in the first place, by that logic, I can say the Book Of Destiny doesn´t contains all of creation due to being a book, which is false, samething with the Arabian Nights, also to make something more clear, the Arabian Nights itself consists in a expansive realm that contains an infinite number of stories.(in fact resulting in an universe with it´s own space-time contained and Alf-Layla destroyed it).

The book itself contains an universe inside, and he destroyed it to remake the world itself into new stories.(seriously that thing doesn´t even make sense, and the world of the Arabian Nights were also shown to contain celestial bodies inside of them, as they are a part of an infinite number of stories originated in the book itself, it´s more than obvious that the Arabian Nights reality consists in an universe).

The text above was my response to him.

So basically your arguments are:

Sonic don't scale to Solaris (which is wrong, Super Sonic was stated to be on Solaris's level),

Alf-Layla Wa Layla isn't universal (because warping a space-time continuum is somehow not universal?)

And that he doesn't scale to the Egg Wizard (yet Super Sonic and Burning Blaze defeated it)
theres also a scan saying super sonic doesn't scale to him lol

At this point,I recommend the OP (or someone else) contact a staff member to at least move this thread to Q&A, since nothing is actually going to change and the OP themselves admitted to not agreeing with the arguments.

Plus talking about bias and causing potential animosity between fan-bases in a CRT, is NEVER a good idea!

If the OP themselves doesn’t believe the arguments they’re presenting what’s the point of this thread?

At this point,I recommend the OP (or someone else) contact a staff member to at least move this thread to Q&A, since nothing is actually going to change and the OP themselves admitted to not agreeing with the arguments.

Plus talking about bias and causing potential animosity between fan-bases in a CRT, is NEVER a good idea!
Well, it seems that I have contact Antvasima or other admin by the way.
@Antvasima can you move this thread to Question and Answers? Please, my request.

If the OP themselves doesn’t believe the arguments they’re presenting what’s the point of this thread?
Agreed, personally I still feel like there needs to be a discussion rule to prevent folks or at least discourage them (new/regular/retired users) posting CRTs outta of nowhere, especially when it's a popular verse that already has multiple CRTs on-going.

This needs to STOP!

Agreed, personally I still feel like there needs to be a discussion rule about folks (new or regular users) posting CRTs outta of nowhere, especially when it's a popular verse that already has multiple CRTs on-going.

This needs to STOP!
I´m new on the external forum by the way, so I need to adapt to some things and etc, this is the first thread I start in a day here.

I’ll assume you’re referring to the “even Super Sonic cannot defeat Solaris alone” line.

This is because Solaris’ temporal omnipresence means defeating him in a single time period wouldn’t result in his defeat. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver needed to destroy him in the past, present, and future simultaneously to truly kill him.

I feel like a broken record. This has been gone over numerous times.

I’ll assume you’re referring to the “even Super Sonic cannot defeat Solaris alone” line.

This is because Solaris’ temporal omnipresence means defeating him in a single time period wouldn’t result in his defeat. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver needed to destroy him in the past, present, and future simultaneously to truly kill him.

I feel like a broken record. This has been gone over numerous times.
Solaris has Acausality Type 3 by the way, this already answers this question in a simple manner.

I've already used these arguments in one of my threads and they got debunked. Just face it, people. Super Sonic is low multi. Why is that so hard to believe for EVERYONE? (I even have evidence that proves he's multi that doesn't involve Maginary World).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back