• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about dragon ball universe size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, so the whole 4 Galaxies thing was just a bunch of bullshit?
Yes. It was all just a slight mistranslation. It was translated by the same dude who mistranslated a notorious quote. When it said “a solar system within a galactic nebula” he translated it to “the solar system is a galactic nebula”. I also don’t ever recall him translating the Frieza and Guru section of the daizenshuu.

This was the whole reason I seeked out the original daizenshuu raws.

Yes. It was all just a slight mistranslation. It was translated by the same dude who mistranslated a notorious quote. When it said “a solar system within a galactic nebula” he translated it to “the solar system is a galactic nebula”. I also don’t ever recall him translating the Frieza and Guru section of the daizenshuu.

This was the whole reason I seeked out the original daizenshuu raws.
HOT ******* DAMN.

I'm pretty sure that the anime feat [goku vs beerus] uses the ball explosion/light, rather than shockwaves. We will just gave to replace the mftl+ to infinite speed [if the universe is accepted as infinite].
And I am pretty sure whis can across between universes in stated time frame, thus making "dimensional travel" debunk....fall flat.

I'm pretty sure that the anime feat [goku vs beerus] uses the ball explosion/light, rather than shockwaves. We will just gave to replace the mftl+ to infinite speed [if the universe is accepted as infinite].
And I am pretty sure whis can across between universes in stated time frame, thus making "dimensional travel" debunk....fall flat.
I would have thought our standards for infinite speed would be a bit higher for that.

Isn't it weird that for the entire rest of the series, the characters aren't travelling / fighting at infinite speed?

I would have thought our standards for infinite speed would be a bit higher for that.

Isn't it weird that for the entire rest of the series, the characters aren't travelling / fighting at infinite speed?
I don't quite understand what are you saying, are you saying it's wierd that other characters don't fight at infinite speed?

tbf, half of the infinite speed verse on our wiki never actually demonstrated the suppose infinite speed very good in term of visual. Even Immeasurable speed character also suffering the same problem, so i don't see the problem

That's a problem for Infinite/Immeasurable speed as a whole, it breaks the narrative and the plot every time you try to depict it in a reasonable manner in any story. Not the verse's fault.

Timeframe doesn't mean jackshit if you don't know the distance.

tbf, half of the infinite speed verse on our wiki never actually demonstrated the suppose infinite speed very good in term of visual. Even Immeasurable speed character also suffering the same problem, so i don't see the problem
Doesn't that just mean it's a bigger problem for half of the verses than no problem at all?

Plus, how can you depict it properly? With characters just randomly teleportating in and out? That would be boring, plus there won't be a fight.

That's a problem for Infinite/Immeasurable speed as a whole, it breaks the narrative and the plot every time you try to depict it in a reasonable manner in any story. Not the verse's fault.
The only time it doesn't destroy any sense of narrative is if it's extremely limited

The only way for a show to depict infinite speed accurately is to have the characters be unseen and just teleport in the entire fight [Something db does, keep in mind 👀]. Now, imagine all the fights looking like that....no one would watch or read or even play it.

In relation to Whis, Infinite speed Whis is a big no-no considering he actually has to spend TIME travelling to places multiple times in the series
and the fact he's slower than IT and Kai Kai
didn't whis ""dodge"" Gogeta's IT tho?

Doesn't that just mean it's a bigger problem for half of the verses than no problem at all?
Not really, no. Unless you wanna make a CRT about Infinite/Immeasurable speed standards as a whole that is, I seriously doubt you'll find most of the verses with said ratings actually portraying Infinite/Immeasurable speed at a consistent basis simply because it breaks the plot at every whim.

Anyway, that's enough derailment. Let's get back to the topic at hand.

So can somebody write a tally for the staff consensus here so far please?

I mean we do? We just calculate the size of the universes. [Which either will be mftl or infinite.]
But then you already know the distance, if it's infinite tho, timeframe goes to shit, infinity divided by infinity is still infinity.

And aren't DB Us close to each other or something?
We're not supposed to do cosmology stuff in this thread, just the size of the universe.

But then you already know the distance, if it's infinite tho, timeframe goes to shit, infinity divided by infinity is still infinity.

We're not supposed to do cosmology stuff in this thread, just the size of the universe.
Well, of we accept the universes as infinite, then whis would have to infinite speed, one were beerus scales to [the supressed one, I could be wrong] and the other only angels and up scales to.
While gods and below would scale to whis supressed feat or goku vs beerus feat, unless I'm wrong.
And I just forgot I was drailing, sorry.

So can somebody write a tally for the staff consensus here so far please?
Everyone here pretty much agrees with infinite sized universes, we have Elizha, Uchiha slayer, DDM, Confluctor [I could be wrong] KLOL506, and you I think [I could be wrong]. And plus the support of the majority supporters of the verse

Just to get this out, we are not about to follow some fan translation over Herms. I believe Herms had already clarified on the whole 4 galaxies thing and it was rather vague. According to him the raws in the manga can be translated as either "4 galaxies" or "4 areas/sections". Them being "directions" was never once confirmed by Herms. He has himself said that the statement above can be safely ignored because various other parts of Daizenshuu and other guidebooks and whatnot all outright say there are only 4 galaxies.

There is also a line in the daizenshuu that says "there is a ruling Kami for each galaxy", which suggests only 4 galaxies. But if we go with the "area" interpretation, it could make sense. But then even the old Broly movie says that Broly destroyed the South Galaxy and shows only 1 galaxy getting destroyed.

All these sources have been quite vague and contradictory in the past. Instead of cherry-picking one interpretation and trying to "explain" the vagueness in ways that seem far-fetched, it was decided to rule out these daizenshuu statements.

Moreover, there have been several statements in the daizenshuu where the space is called "endlessly expansive" or "infinitely expansive", which suggests it is like our own universe that keeps growing and not absolutely infinite in size. So there is discrepancy in those statements too.

The only concrete set of statements come from DBS where Jaco says that the universe contains a crazy/countless number of galaxies, and Bulma says that the universe has an edge and center, which also suggests it is like ours.

I think that should sufficiently answer the question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back