• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

『INFINITE UNIVERSE IN DRAGON BALL SUPER』

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, this thread should be closed, and someone need to make a sequel, continue up thread with compiled arguments from both sides, both arguments support infinite universe and against it, address all of them, this thread is a mess, so someone with ability to make a coherent thread should do this, and just vote on that new thread because at this point, all i see is repeated, circular arguments, some arguments have nothing to do with the actual problem of the thread
does everyone agree to this?

I'm not doing this. I am not the one who made the claim that the darkness is a bigger infinity. Go ask Vetthai to prove that the darkness is a bigger infinity.
he doesnt have to prove anything, spaces bigger than infinity but not being uncountably infinite exist, you're bringing up a non-argument again and again that even most of the opposition isn't bothering to touch because its nonsensical

he doesnt have to prove anything, spaces bigger than infinity but not being uncountably infinite exist, you're bringing up a non-argument again and again that even most of the opposition isn't bothering to touch because its nonsensical
This isn't how it works. You cannot make the claim that the darkness is a bigger infinity without evidence. You guys just made that up.

I disagree for the reasons above. These aren't convincing anyone and anybody outside the DB circle that the scan, which shows the universe having an edge and center, isn't the author indicating that the universe is not infinite. Worse is that the feat supporting the "infinite" statement seemingly didn't even come from the manga or anime itself. Kind of reminds you that this is the same place where a blatant outlier can be disregarded if you have enough supporters.

I disagree for the reasons above. These aren't convincing anyone and anybody outside the DB circle that the scan, which shows the universe having an edge and center, isn't the author indicating that the universe is not infinite. Worse is that the feat supporting the "infinite" statement seemingly didn't even come from the manga or anime itself. Kind of reminds you that this is the same place where a blatant outlier can be disregarded if you have enough supporters.
apparently u must be a db fanatic to agree

also apparently outweighing evidence from canon guides is a blatant outlier

god

doesn't matter, cause rational number have more than natural number, being larger than countable infinite doesn't necessary mean uncountable infinite, now we can stop this topic here
I just want to point that this is entirely wrong. The set of Rational Numbers has the exact same amount of elements as the set of Natural Numbers.

Q is not "larger" nor "bigger" than N. So, if you're basing your argument on this logic, please refrain to do so, since it is utterly not true.

why there must be infinite distance between Namek and Earth????, you can have a finite distance between two things in an infinite distance as a whole, this point is completely redundant and pointless.

Anyway, this thread should be closed, and someone need to make a sequel, continue up thread with compiled arguments from both sides, both arguments support infinite universe and against it, address all of them, this thread is a mess, so someone with ability to make a coherent thread should do this, and just vote on that new thread because at this point, all i see is repeated, circular arguments, some arguments have nothing to do with the actual problem of the thread
This looks good to me, someone can close this one and open another one, we have 10 long pages.

okay can u stop paraphrasing what we say? thank you

NO this is not what i said, i said that light has finite speed and it's logical for it to never cross an infinite distance (not in a lifetime at least)
If there are infinite galaxies, then light should be infinite light. It doesn't matter if light has finite speed, there is infinite light. Unless you are arguing that the infinite light is somehow stuck in FINITE area?

This is what I am talking about. You cannot have infinite galaxies and infinite impenetrable darkness. They contradict each other.

cause rational number have more than natural number

This is objectively false!

This isn't how it works. You cannot make the claim that the darkness is a bigger infinity without evidence. You guys just made that up.
go to the Bigger than 2-A thread right now and take a few hours to read it completely. unless you can PROVE a transfinite difference, that space will NOT be uncountably infinitely large. can you please stop stonewalling? i don't wanna accuse you of anything but i have a bit of a suspicion this is just you taking your frustration of stonewalled SM threads out on this thread.

which shows the universe having an edge and center
if we go by the visual, it only show edge, not center
isn't the author indicating that the universe is not infinite
eh..................so what exactly you meant???, i can't understand this phase
a blatant outlier
here, the magic word: outlier
I just want to point that this is entirely wrong. The set of Rational Numbers has the exact same amount of elements as the set of Natural Numbers.

Q is not "larger" nor "bigger" than N. So, if you're basing your argument on this logic, please refrain to do so, since it is utterly not true.
This is objectively false!
okay, but again for the last time, this have been talked to death in many threads about bigger than 2-A = low 1-C, bigger than countable infinite isn't necessary uncountable infinite

The only time a guidebook outweighs the anime and manga is when it benefits you.
what's up with people putting words into my mouth today lmao

i said EIGHT (8) statements from guidebooks outweigh ONE (1) statement from the manga

this can be closed, and a future thread with summaries and key points from this one, along with any new arguments, can be made at a later date. AFAIK the vote is tied currently so it doesnt really matter.

the thread was incredibly rushed anyway as I stated very early on

Yeah. I'm done. If this is remade, I'll just post my same argument.

The fact that people are now claiming bigger countable infinites can exist and that the set of rational numbers is bigger than the set of natural numbers is my greenlight to exit this mess.

but i have a bit of a suspicion this is just you taking your frustration of stonewalled SM threads out on this thread.

Are you that against the ropes that you have to rely on ad hominems and bad math?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back