• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

『INFINITE UNIVERSE IN DRAGON BALL SUPER』

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all context it suggests a very large, but not explicitly infinite, number of galaxies.

Also there is something else i wanna ask. the usage of 広がる. even though it regularly means extend and spread. based on the context it also mean expand.

like 広がる宇宙. which means expanding universe even though 広がる is used here. there are many situation in japanese where 広がる is used as "expand .

in all context it suggests a very large, but not explicitly infinite, number of galaxies.

Also there is something else i wanna ask. the usage of 広がる. even though it regularly means extend and spread. based on the context it can mean expand.

like 広がる宇宙. which means expanding universe even though 広がる is used here. there are many situation where 広がる is used as "expand in japanese.
oh cool, so you actually have no idea what I or anyone else is even debating here.

i never used that statement to begin with to state that it implies infinite. instead, the fact that it is synonymous with unthinkable, proves that my assertion about Bulma being ignorant on the actual scope of the universe is correct. THAT is my argument, which is pretty much confirmed at this point.

it's pretty much like that guidebook statement about the scope of the universe being beyond human comprehension. Bulma COULD NOT have been talking about the whole universe at this point no matter how much you wanna believe that she was

It doesn't make sense for this to be the situation here. Did everyone in db forgot the meaning of universe? also they would just want to go the the center of the galaxy in a case like that.
It is shown in the anime that they are on the edge of a galaxy when the radar shows and in the anime we saw Goku using teleportation to visualize where Beerus and Whis were, we see him leaving this galaxy

Last edited:
oh cool, so you actually have no idea what I or anyone else is even debating here.

i never used that statement to begin with to state that it implies infinite. instead, the fact that it is synonymous with unthinkable, proves that my assertion about Bulma being ignorant on the actual scope of the universe is correct. THAT is my argument, which is pretty much confirmed at this point.
Yes and? Jaco saying there are that many galaxies doesn't mean Bulma is not aware of it. Bulma asks for Jaco a way to go there which jaco gets angry because of it. there being unthinkable/outrageous amount of galaxy just makes the distance being insanely huge either way. Bulma knows the distance is huge and knows they are in the edge.

how does infinite darkness contradict infinite galaxies

no offense but your disagreement stems from misunderstandings
Infinite galaxies would create a bright universe.

“tens of thousands of light years, hundreds of millions of light years, where not even light can reach”

How can there be infinite galaxies but also a section where darkness extends infinitely to the point that there is no light?

Yes and? Jaco saying there are that many galaxies doesn't mean Bulma is not aware of it. Bulma asks for Jaco a way to go there which jaco gets angry because of it. there being unthinkable/outrageous amount of galaxy just makes the distance being insanely huge either way. Bulma knows the distance is huge and knows they are in the edge.
she doesn't actually know its true scope, otherwise Jaco, a literal galactic patrolman who flies on an MFTL+ ship all the time, wouldn't flip out like this at her statement. Jaco states there's an unthinkable amount of galaxies, that further implies that Bulma not only can't be talking about the entire universe but also the fact that she does NOT know its true scope either. there are 3 distinct statements supporting this idea, one from the guidebooks and 2 from the actual source material.

what exactly are you even arguing at this point? it honestly seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

This is because it is shown that the earth is in the edge of the galaxy and we saw Goku leaving that same galaxy with teleportation
It hasn't occurred to you that the Galaxy that the Earth is a part of could be on the edge of the Universe? Also, again you're literally ignoring the words on the page. Why do you think Bulma says "I'm asking about the Universe, not the Galaxy!"

It hasn't occurred to you that the Galaxy that the Earth is a part of could be on the edge of the Universe? Also, again you're literally ignoring the words on the page. Why do you think Bulma says "I'm asking about the Universe, not the Galaxy!"
Bulma doesn't even know what she's talking about, we saw the radar showing her on the edge of a galaxy, that alone refutes any opinion she has.

This is because it is shown that the earth is in the edge of the galaxy and we saw Goku leaving that same galaxy with teleportation
  1. Is the implication that Earth, located within the Milky Way galaxy, is on the edge of the Sombrero Galaxy, located 31.1 million LY away?
  2. Why can Earth not be on the edge of a galaxy [Milky Way] and also the edge of the Universe? The former (implied) does not negate the latter (explicit).
  3. A galaxy (though, not the Sombrero Galaxy) is depicted passing by Goku's detection, but he clearly passes by said galaxy.

she doesn't actually know its true scope, otherwise Jaco, a literal galactic patrolman who flies on an MFTL+ ship all the time, wouldn't flip out like this at her statement. Jaco states there's an unthinkable amount of galaxies, that further implies that Bulma not only can't be talking about the entire universe but also the fact that she does NOT know its true scope either. there are 3 distinct statements supporting this idea, one from the guidebooks and 2 from the actual source material.

what exactly are you even arguing at this point? it honestly seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
Mftl+ yet It takes Jaco at least 50 minutes to reach to earth while being in the same galaxy. Jaco talks about how vast the galaxy is and that there are outrageous amount of them. Jaco talks about reaching the center of the universe like "insanely far, huge. it doesn't imply or anything like "Bulma isn't talking about the entire universe", Bulma does know the distance being extremely huge. which Bulma(anime) also responds with "I'm not saying we'll go with your ship, I'm asking you to bring me to the galactic patrol, someone might know how to go".

Bulma knows what she's talking about

Mftl+ yet It takes Jaco at least 50 minutes to reach to earth while being in the same galaxy. Jaco talks about how vast the galaxy is and that there are outrageous amount of them.
outrageous/unthinkable, yeah, which comes after the fact that he calls Bulma's statement ridiculous, implying that she doesn't know the universe's true scope.
Jaco talks about reaching the center of the universe like "insanely far, huge. it doesn't imply or anything like "Bulma isn't talking about the entire universe", Bulma does know the distance being extremely huge. which Bulma(anime) also responds with "I'm not saying we'll go with your ship, I'm asking you to bring me to the galactic patrol, someone might know how to go".
no, no. what implication is there that Bulma is talking about the entire universe here? seriously, what statement do you have that supports this assertion? Because i have at least 3 statements that disagree with this, whether implicitly or explicitly. the fact that Jaco tells her she has no idea how huge the universe is, and the fact that she doesn't even disagree with that, pretty much cements the fact that she is not only not a reliable source on the scope of the universe, but also implicitly suggests that she can ONLY be talking about her own limited understanding of the scope the universe at best.
Bulma knows what she's talking about
not here she doesn't, as I said before, there are 3 good reasons to believe she doesnt, and no good reason to believe that she does. the only "argument" here is that Bulma is smart so therefore she must be right, when not only is that not always true, we pretty much have a statement in the source material that all but confirms that she's wrong here. there is NOTHING to argue here, unless your goal is to just stonewall and make the CRT 20 pages

but wait, didn't you argue them being the center? now they're on the edge?

not arguing with u just kinda misunderstanding, can u clarify?

outrageous/unthinkable, yeah, which comes after the fact that he calls Bulma's statement ridiculous, implying that she doesn't know the universe's true scope.
Bulma doesn't say or imply it's so easy to go to the center, asks him if he knows there is a way. which Jaco replies with no one would know how to travel distances that far. no kind of implications that Bulma believes the universe is so small or anything.
no, no. what implication is there that Bulma is talking about the entire universe here? seriously, what statement do you have that supports this assertion? Because i have at least 3 statements that disagree with this, whether implicitly or explicitly. the fact that Jaco tells her she has no idea how huge the universe is, and the fact that she doesn't even disagree with that, pretty much cements the fact that she is not only not a reliable source on the scope of the universe, but also implicitly suggests that she can ONLY be talking about her own limited understanding of the scope the universe at best.
Bulma literally says things like "not the center of the galaxy but the entire universe", why would she talk about a different type of universe.

Jaco doesn't say she doesn't know, he talks about how absurd it is. Bulma asks if there is a way, which he finds absurd because of the size, that almost no one would know about it. none of them implies something else.
can someone summarize arguments and tag staff? the last 3 pages were all recycling the same arguments
Yeah.

but wait, didn't you argue them being the center? now they're on the edge?

not arguing with u just kinda misunderstanding, can u clarify?
My argument is against this part of the blog in the OP:

First off, bulma could just be talking about the observable universe, as even in the anime scan, bulma literally says she can't scan the entire area, so she states they have to go to the center of the universe to find what they are looking for. So it's already clear bulma states that the universe has an edge and a center based on her dragon ball radar, which shows that she is limited by the range of the locator itself, because she can't scan the entire area at all, so she would have no real way of knowing how big the actual universe is.

Bulma can't be referring to the Observable Universe because they're already at the center of their own Observable Universe. Should must be referring to the wider Universe 7 as a whole, otherwise her statement would make no sense.

So the Universe is limited in scope; it is enclosed by an edge which the Earth is near to. The Universe is still incredibly vast of course. But it has an edge that can be reached.

Notably Jaco never asserts that the Universe has no center. He just goes on about how big it is.

Bulma can't be referring to the Observable Universe because they're already at the center of their own Observable Universe. Should must be referring to the wider Universe 7 as a whole, otherwise her statement would make no sense.
okay this is just silly. Bulma can NOT be talking about the whole macrocosm. she doesn't even know anything about the Afterlife or the Kaioshin realm or their scope.

Notably Jaco never asserts that the Universe has no center. He just goes on about how big it is.
which is no contradiction as I said.

okay this is just silly. Bulma can NOT be talking about the whole macrocosm. she doesn't even know anything about the Afterlife or the Kaioshin realm or their scope.
She doesn't have to be referring to the Afterlife or the Kaioshin realm; just the world of the living where they're at. Since that's where the Super Dragon Balls are expected to be.

Reactions: Sus
She doesn't have to be referring to the Afterlife or the Kaioshin realm; just the world of the living where they're at. Since that's where the Super Dragon Balls are expected to be.
why'd you state universe 7 then? and besides, as I said many times, she doesn't know about the scope of the LW either. she's simply not a reliable source here, there are 3 statements that point to this conclusion, and none point to yours.

i can see damage's point

but i honestly still agree with the OP, 8 omniscient vs 1 human statements, and her statement doesn't explicitly assert the universe being finite either

why'd you state universe 7 then? and besides, as I said many times, she doesn't know about the scope of the LW either. she's simply not a reliable source here, there are 3 statements that point to this conclusion, and none point to yours.
I was referring to the actual Universe part when I said Universe 7; the bit with the stars and planets and stuff. Apologies for any confusion.

aren't the dragon balls scattered across both universes ? making traveling to reach them irrelevant

i can see damage's point

but i honestly still agree with the OP, 8 omniscient vs 1 human statements, and her statement doesn't explicitly assert the universe being finite either
no, no. that 1 human statement is contradicted by 1 statement in the OP and outright implied to be wrong by 2 statements in the source material. there's literally nothing to debate here

Your reasoning for her to not know about it doesn't make sense (in case of jaco, didn't see the one from guidebook.). Jaco says nothing that implies it. Jaco's anger is based on how she expects someone to cross those extremely huge distances (which even jaco implies finite distances and galaxies.).

Ngl but having an edge does not stop something from being infinite.
I don’t think they’re so stupid as to overlook a point that even a child wouldn’t fail to recognize. Most characters who are given infinite speed based on such arguments are extremely dubious anyway, and many obtain their rating by crossing dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back