• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about dragon ball universe size

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, even if the Universe is "infinite"

Engulfing the universe in 10 seconds is not infinite speed, unlike Gilver said, it takes time, the very meaning of infinite speed is something "instant"..,taking at least 2 seconds is not instant by default.
Just a massive MFTL+ scaling.
You can't apply that logic on infinite-sized realms at all. Infinity divided by a value is still infinity. If there is explicit confirmation that the realm size is infinite but the character can wipe that slate clean in x timeframe, it's gonna be infinite regardless. Plain and simple. Read DontTalkDT's comment regarding Infinite Speed in infinite-sized realms here.

Or at least that's how I understand it.
Then you understood wrong.

I think it's an important matter, but anyways
Not on this thread it isn't, especially not with your faulty reasoning.

At this point this is just blatant derailing, and I'd strongly suggest you no longer bring this faulty logic up on this thread or anywhere else for the matter until and unless you truly read how infinite-sized realm standards actually work here.

At this point, I'm switching my stance to neutral.

But I definitely concur with KLOL and Gliver's points regarding guides and infinite speed.
Speed is not the main topic of this discussion and it should preferably remain that way.

Speed is not the main topic of this discussion and it should preferably remain that way.
I'm not arguing for Infinite speed DB, I'm saying I agree with what you guys were saying in a general sense as far as the wiki is concerned, which is why I lumped it in with the guides stuff. I just believe the arguments being made on the other side were incorrect in a general sense, not just for DB.

IT'S ABOUT DRIVE, IT'S ABOUT POWER

'Kay, enough derailing, can someone type up summaries of Zamasu's points and AKM's and let the Staff decide from that point onwards if there are no more points to add?
That would be hard, since they mostly focused on the Daizenshuu stuff and nothing else in the last 2-3 pages.

Yeah, that's better, I suggest compiling all these arguments and making a "For" and "Against" overall summary so that the staff and other appropriate supporters can properly weigh in to give their vote.

Multiverse doesn't mean anything, there is many fiction verses with multiverse that hold multiple infinite universes
It does actually. The cosmology of the verse was changed significantly since 1994

you can’t claim a planet is proof of a concept that didn’t exist when the planet was introduced.

You would still have to prove the infinite darkness existed in the DBZ cosmology and the DBZ universe is infinite. And you couldn’t use the guidebooks as they didn’t exist then, and are describing the new cosmological model.

You would also have to explain way other major contradictions,

1. The Earth is stated to be at the edge of the universe by bulma and light reaches there.

2. The planet that sits between two universes edges is not shrouded in darkness

3. you would have to prove Yakon’s planet is infinitely far away.

—-

And I don’t know why this thread devolved into people arguing about “scrapping the guide books”. I never said to throw out the guide books. I said that the anime and manga has no showings of the infinite darkness nor do they ever mention it any times while talking about the cosmology.

The only piece of evidence proposed is that Yakons planet in dbz was described as dark being far away from any light at the edge of the universe but i have already explained why there is problems with accepting that as eveidence.

Last edited:
It does actually. The cosmology of the verse was changed significantly since 1994

you can’t claim a planet is proof of a concept that didn’t exist when the planet was introduced.

You would still have to prove the infinite darkness existed in the DBZ cosmology and the DBZ universe is infinite. And you couldn’t use the guidebooks as they didn’t exist then, and are describing the new cosmological model.

You would also have to explain way other major contradictions,

1. The Earth is stated to be at the edge of the universe by bulma and light reaches there.

—-

And I don’t know why this thread devolved into people arguing about “scrapping the guide books”. I never said to throw out the guide books. I said that the anime and manga has no showings of the infinite darkness nor do they ever mention it any times while talking about the cosmology.

The only piece of evidence proposed is that Yakons planet in dbz was described as dark being far away from any light at the edge of the universe but i have already explained why there is problems with accepting that as eveidence.
This argument about Guidebooks has already been refuted, even by staff members. Stop.

It has already been addressed and you ignored it. It's your problem, not mine.
My argument is that there is no evidence of the infinite darkness existing in the anime or manga of DBS. It has nothing to do with whether the guide books are valid or not.
Making it seem like what I am saying is about the guide books is a strawman.

Jesus ******* Christ why did this delve into a "Scrap all guidebooks" warzone?

Say what you will about the DB Universe's size, but no, we're not gonna scrap guidebooks completely. Ever. We'll accept what matches with the guidebook and reject what doesn't. We've always done it that way. Consistency comes first. If a guidebook adds on to a series without contradicting anything, there's no visible reason to axe it. Guidebooks aren't just solely about feats and descriptions, they can also shed considerable light on the powerscaling of a verse. This is literally the textbook definition of "Cutscenes or else non-canon" argument, which I don't have to tell you, will never fly on this site.

At this point, I'm switching my stance to neutral.

But I definitely concur with KLOL and Gliver's points regarding guides and infinite speed.

Huh???, this is a very weak argument because you know what, the universe diagram still the same as Daizenshuu
DBS Anime:
Daizenshuu & Chouzenshuu from 2013 use the same diagram:
What???, just because something release before or after doesn't mean it is invalid, what kind of argument is that???
This is literally guidebook argument. And like above, release after or before is irrelevant

1. not the edge of universe, but the edge of the macrocosm, which is the dimensional wall in the diagram. And lol Earth is inside Solar System, there is a literal sun
2. ????, sources
3. Actually this is kinda unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back