• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I sure do like having my sincere request being answered with a slap in the face, Black.

Frankly, the fact that Death Battles such as Jin vs. Ryu or Heihachi vs. Geese exists means that there is an interest in the franchise in the versus debating sphere, but it just so happens that no one has paid attention to it because it wasn't in anyone's mind at the moment. Considering his work on other fighting game verses like Killer Instinct and Red Earth, examples off the top of my head, I'm sure Saman could figure out something with Tekken to make the verse more acceptable.

You know, if he is allowed the chance rather than sidestepping it to hurry Tekken to oblivion. Hence why I would like his opinion to see if he'd be interested in salvaging it. Again, if he isn't, I will be fine with deleting it. Because clearly you aren't willing to help the verse stay afloat any longer judging from your actions here.

Tekken's fine. There's a decent amount of supporters and if they want to be more knowledgeable they can just do more research, it's not rocket science.

Tekken is still decently popular and not that bad. The profiles might be outdated, but aren't outright wrong, at least for the most part.
I admit I'm not the most knowledgeable user nor I have time and plans to tackle it soon, but it remains in my list of stuff to handle someday. Of course I can't make any promise, but I don't see any actual harm in it staying for the time being.

Its not fine in the slightest, are you kidding with that? Decent ammount of supporters? Literally 3 of them only and just one of them has been around this forum more often when CRTs occured and that person i already said above the deal with them

You make it sound so easy that they can just research to know it more, many of the stuff i found and worked to when i planned a future verse wide revision has been done over years buddy, the verse has over 70+ characters or so, each needing explanation individually, including their move sets which are in the 100 moves for many

Current scaling is horrible and has no basis for why x should be scaling to y whatsoever, like the jack profile having no reason to scale from a character in another league above him, let alone how other keys are rated in accordance to other character that scale to him or those like Lei being way too lower despite who he gone up against in the series

They have no scans or links for P & A section and they miss a ton of them anyway, lore bits that would give stats for some characters to make sense of the power progression arent in there or brought up

Calcs like the satellite one is outdated, it isnt using the location at where the feat occurs for the AP which changes it, other feats that would help the stats along lore info arent calculated or evaluated and they were asked beforehand, no help at all on that was shown

Tekken is still decently popular and not that bad. The profiles might be outdated, but aren't outright wrong, at least for the most part.
I admit I'm not the most knowledgeable user nor I have time and plans to tackle it soon, but it remains in my list of stuff to handle someday. Of course I can't make any promise, but I don't see any actual harm in it staying for the time being.
You ignore literally all wrongs you were pointed out in PM back then and you still choose to side out with the mess they are at now, only at a possibility you may go at it to revise it, which even that isnt gonna represent them as properly as i had planned in the past to it

Its a dead series, popularity outside vs isnt a factor if nobody cares to look over it from a vs POV, let alone to let them stay as they are now in this poor state that you say isnt bad, other verses have been deleted and if they were revived at a certain point have been redone from 0 like WoW series

There is no need to be so outraged at Jaften's comment. All he said was that he doesn't feel it is too tremendously wrong- that's nothing to be upset over.

Jaften, giving BD's misgivings over the verse, do you still feel it is reasonable and worthwhile to revive them at some point in time, over being deleted?

You ignore literally all wrongs you were pointed out in PM back then and you still choose to side out with the mess they are at now, only at a possibility you may go at it to revise it, which even that isnt gonna represent them as properly as i had planned in the past to it
I genuinely don't remember what I ignored, but I always appreciated your effort and work.
I'm saying I'd tackle it only because you said you don't want to work on it anymore.

What wrong would have I sided with? The downgrade of the meteor feat?

My last message in PM, from which i explained why i didnt bother to work anymore along the wrongs to the profiles

When you let a random with 0 knowledge revise it without any proper explainations and poor taste reasons to exclude stuff with only members giving opinion when they have 0 idea on the series to understand anything without explaination, with him being stubborn and unwilling to listen to anyone but only you cuz of your position

Along some stuff you said there that i went over in PM are wrong, you let a rushed CRT out of spite from an uncooperative individual go on despite a far better one to properly revise it was in works, you know how it feels to get unwanted additional work to clean up from?

If you respected my work and effort you would have instead let me handle it, instead of making it way harder for me for no good reason

There is no need to be so outraged at Jaften's comment. All he said was that he doesn't feel it is too tremendously wrong- that's nothing to be upset over.
Excuse me, but who from here knows it to my degree to make the call on the accuracy? None and thats not out outrage, but tolerance over others thinking they know it that good to make a call its fine or not

Last time, I apologized, but now I'm forced to say it again. Get off your high horse, Black.

The fact that Saman is willing to help means that instead of berating him for "not letting you do things your way," you should be grateful and let him help you revise the verse. I say this all the time. If you have a problem with the profiles, make a revisionary CRT. If you have a problem with the scaling, make a explanatory CRT. If you think some of the calcs are wrong, either request to have them redone in the Calculation Request board or do them yourself. And if another CRT you don't agree with has gone through on the verse, say it with me now, make a CRT and try to sort out how you feel about where things should be.

Notice a pattern? According to multiple people here, the verse is salvageable, if a bit outdated, and is not equitable to the Warcraft purge we did before. So if you think Tekken could be better, then actually work to make it better instead of whining about it here. I don't believe you haven't been trying, but I am really becoming annoyed with this attitude you have that you know better than literally anyone else here. Check your ego and let people help.

I asked for help with calcs even in that thread or to a calcer personally, nothing happened on that at all and i have no knowledge in calcing unless its a basic thing like using a formula with the variables available like for example the speed if i know distance and time already

I had a verse wide revision planned for the future on which i asked several times, dont do other changes till all that is tackled later properly at once with a bigger and more organized structure, going over one by one, instead what happens? Downgrades from users that you cant reason with out of a spite, lying they know the series and ignore all you say to insert their interpretation with no proper reasonings with other users that dont know it at all either

What CRT you want me to do when you let such occurances happen from such people? Such a CRT was allowed to pass without even giving justifications as to why they should be as such and poorly done

If help is given, proper one should be done, not half assed one and giving more work then needed when just 1 person does it in their available time, staff giving their input not users, derailments from uncooperative people ceased from back and forth convos, are you gonna guarantee that? I doubt it

And ask literally anyone who knows me with the series, im not high on any horse, Saman told you already on his knowledge confirming what i said, i have been more involved with it, with all that work and effort being crapped on cuz measures arent taken like with other actual popular verses, like dragon ball

Excuse me, but who from here knows it to my degree to make the call on the accuracy? None and thats not out outrage, but tolerance over others thinking they know it that good to make a call its fine or not
Saman, or so I'm told, is who. You are acting with zealotry unbecoming of this wiki, and certainly inappropriate for the situation at hand- I'll cast my vote and say I'm against the deletion of Tekken if Saman is willing to tackle 'em. Deletion is a last resort, always.

I am sorry that other users have made your efforts agitating, though, for what it's worth.

In case it wasn't clear, I also am against deleting the verse if Saman can help.

I also feel similarly to Bambu and apologize for any frustrations you've had about your experience on the wiki. But keep in mind that we have to focus on a lot of things at once, and obviously our own biases makes us favor assisting certain verses over others. As staff, we really try to help however we can, but we're not omnipotent. (And this goes double for calc group members, who are just bombarded all the time with requests nonstop, so some are bound to be lost in the shuffle.) Just...please keep in mind that we're all flawed human beings, and us not being able to help every time isn't due to spite.

And again, if you feel your proposed changes were pushed aside unfairly, just try making a CRT again, or heck, submit a request in the All-purpose Request Thread to have the original thread opened again if it was recent enough. But let me just say, being abrasive does not win you any fans, so please try being a bit more empathetic with other people and their thoughts and circumstances. All I'm asking is to just be kind to your fellow users and have some patience.

Saman, or so I'm told, is who.
Read his 2nd sentence from his 1st reply here, all i will say, coming from himself not me
I am sorry that other users have made your efforts agitating, though, for what it's worth.
Only a sorry isnt helping enough, this is an issue with any series due to some users negatively doing things that makes it unwelcoming to try anything to begin with regardless of a staff saying to try for the better

Read his 2nd sentence from his 1st reply here, all i will say, coming from himself not me

Only a sorry isnt helping enough, this is an issue with any series due to some users negatively doing things that makes it unwelcoming to try anything to begin with regardless of a staff saying to try for the better
Whether you take this as enough or not isn't really the question. Your request for the pages' deletion has been summarily rejected by multiple admins, my apologies. Moving on.

But keep in mind that we have to focus on a lot of things at once, and obviously our own biases makes us favor assisting certain verses over others. As staff, we really try to help however we can, but we're not omnipotent.
Then dont call a verse popular, if its obvious some are favored over the others cuz they are clearly a bigger brand in comparison and will receive special treatment unlike the rest
(And this goes double for calc group members, who are just bombarded all the time with requests nonstop, so some are bound to be lost in the shuffle.)
Then what else you want me to do? I cant bump it besides 1 per month and others suggest theirs, somewhere else i heard a rule you cant bother them on their wall, its way too limited with the options available at hand and what was said above is adding up again to this
Just...please keep in mind that we're all flawed human beings, and us not being able to help every time isn't due to spite.
I didnt say its spite from no help, the OP who did the last revision was among other things, for which he wasnt questioned nor handled and let to do whatever he pleased without justifying these
And again, if you feel your proposed changes were pushed aside unfairly, just try making a CRT again, or heck, submit a request in the All-purpose Request Thread to have the original thread opened again if it was recent enough.
Its months old now and it ruined any chances to talk about future revisions planned
But let me just say, being abrasive does not win you any fans, so please try being a bit more empathetic with other people and their thoughts and circumstances. All I'm asking is to just be kind to your fellow users and have some patience.
It is in vain if the opposition cant do the same and be understanding, as well if staff dont step in, what is the point if one side isnt doing it

Then what else you want me to do? I cant bump it besides 1 per month and others suggest theirs, somewhere else i heard a rule you cant bother them on their wall, its way too limited with the options available at hand and what was said above is adding up again to this
If you are searching for earnest advice: learning to calculate yourself would greatly lessen the need for a CGM, since you would then only need 1, rather than 2.

If you are speaking rhetorically as a means of venting frustrations: You don't need to do anything. Ideally Saman will try to fix it when he has time- as he feels he can do so more easily by adjusting existing profiles rather than re-making them from scratch. So we will wait and see how that turns out.

As I said before, the consensus has been in favor of keeping the profiles, so please, let's move on.

Notice a pattern? According to multiple people here, the verse is salvageable, if a bit outdated, and is not equitable to the Warcraft purge we did before.
Admittedly some Warcraft pages were salvageable and even Okay(Dragon Aspects... literally just Dragon Aspects.) But let's be real, when the page for Thrall, the dude who appears literally every expansion and more books then literally everyone else only has one key when he should have, at the time, had six there was a serious issue and it just could not be fixed.

And some(Hi Bamboo) would say there's still an issue, but at least I'm pretty sure it ain't in quality.

Only if the page doesn't meet quality standards, as once a page is posted it's owned by the site as far copyrights go.

It'd stay that way even if the page was deleted, as upon the page being remade the history section is also restored accordingly.
I'd suggest instead to just try to fix it then, you'd also make your reputation better if that's your concern.

It'd stay that way even if the page was deleted, as upon the page being remade the history section is also restored accordingly.
I'd suggest instead to just try to fix it then, you'd also make your reputation better if that's your concern.
Actually not really. If you delete X page then make a new page called X, the new one won't have the same history, as it's not the same page.

It happened with Gen 9 legendaries.

The page does seem rather... silly. I'd be fine with deletion. It bears noting that we do traditionally allow pages to be deleted if they are of lower quality, if the creator asks for it.

The page does seem rather... silly. I'd be fine with deletion. It bears noting that we do traditionally allow pages to be deleted if they are of lower quality, if the creator asks for it.
I dont wanna deal with it so thats why I request for it to be just nuked

if he doesn't want his name associated with it, worst case can't it just be deleted and immediately un-deleted so he's not in its history?

Most of the problems addressed in that thread do make up the bulk of the profile anyway. The profile isn't low quality per se, but I'm fine with deletion since the creator asked for it. Best be to restart from scratch I guess

Last edited:
Most of the problems addressed in that thread do make up the bulk of the profile anyway. The profile isn't low quality per say, but I'm fine with deletion since the creator asked for it. Best be to restart from scratch I guess
Please delete it yes

A quick skim at the problems ppl had, i caught speed and some justifications.

Speed comes from Touka. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Touka_Toudou?so=search
She's the lightning user, and a certain attack she does is lightning speed. From ikki's profile:
Massively Hypersonic+ in Ittou Shura (Was stated to be just slightly slower than Raikiri)
Raikiri being Touka's lightning speed attack. And we know the exact amp for Ittou Shura so that's what we use to scale the rest of the people.
I guess we can just add a link to touka's profile on Raikiri, very minor thing.

For the justifications/scans they technically are on the profile, just not as easy as a simple click away. Example say you want the justification for Ikki's analytical prediction. If you go to the profile it says:
Analytical Prediction (He can predict what an opponent will do next by muscle movements. Furthermore, he can predict actions, thoughts, and emotions through perfect vision;

So it comes from perfect vision. At the end of the profile ikki has a link to a feat list that includes pretty much every "ability" he has in there. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firephoenixearl/Ikki_Kurogane_feat_list
In the feat list there is a subtitle called: "Perfect Vision".
So there's the justification/scans.

Is it the most optimal way to put scans? No. Does it warrant a deletion of an entire verse? Probably not.

I think these are the main talking points I saw. If there's anything else to clarify let me know.

Can someone explain to me how this profile even exists where the first notable skill is:
  • Creation Pregnancy: The cheat skill granted to Haru by God. When a man ********** in Haru she will receive a copy of his experience points and skills.
redo of healer at least the guts to make a find able verse page, but at least that kept scailing and powers SFW this skipped straight into MGQ paradox territory with that pregnancy skill description. I don't know it just looks a little hypocritical for this profile to just exist cause even the nutshack that has the maturity warning doesn't go that far.

Can someone explain to me how this profile even exists where the first notable skill is:
  • Creation Pregnancy: The cheat skill granted to Haru by God. When a man ********** in Haru she will receive a copy of his experience points and skills.
redo of healer at least the guts to make a find able verse page, but at least that kept scailing and powers SFW this skipped straight into MGQ paradox territory with that pregnancy skill description. I don't know it just looks a little hypocritical for this profile to just exist cause even the nutshack that has the maturity warning doesn't go that far.
Yeah this is really pushing it, to say the least.

Someone has requested its deletion and has been rejected. I don't know why are you trying it once again.

Back