• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As I brung up here, I requested for the more 'useless' yume nikki profiles to be deleted, examples being Aztec Rave Monkey and the KALIMBA TV Channel.

These backround creatures do absolutely nothing, there tiers are mostly based on 'via sheer size' stuff and that's really it.

The effect NPCs should be deleted as well imo, all of them are basically clones, the same P&A with the occasional standout ability.

Here are some of the profiles I think are worthy of deletion
Aztec Rave Monkey
KALIMBA TV Channel
Blood Touching Monster
Roary Straw
The Thing with the Quivering Jaw
Takofuusen
Pirori
Big Red
Severed Heads
The effect NPCs (this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this)

Last edited:
Okay. Are any of our content moderators or administrators willing to handle deleting the above pages, and removing the regular wiki page links to them, please?

Need I say more?

idk if this is the right place to post it but this profile is...sus

whilst i wouldn't be surprised if the arguments for its tier are legit...there are no proper sources, just a link to some reddit posts and no calcs at all...Does anyone know who's responsible for this?

whilst i wouldn't be surprised if the arguments for its tier are legit...there are no proper sources, just a link to some reddit posts and no calcs at all...Does anyone know who's responsible for this?
I can vouch for the profile being legit. It has been on my to do list to get it properly sourced and whatnot eventually. It's better than most profiles on the wiki out there right now so I don't think it should be deleted.

Also, the reddit posts is the verse.

I can vouch for the profile being legit. It has been on my to do list to get it properly sourced and whatnot eventually. It's better than most profiles on the wiki out there right now so I don't think it should be deleted.

Also, the reddit posts is the verse.
that's a bit weird but considering we have the trevor henderson verse allowed then might as well.

Reddit posts alone are not notable and official enough to warrant profile pages for characters in our wiki. If there are official YouTube videos, featuring stories for the verse that have millions of views, that is probably enough to qualify though, but not if it is merely explanation videos.

Considering the YouTube video posted on the matter is indeed an explanation video, I'd support its removal.
imm worried. You see, technically speaking we also have the Trevor Henderson mythos which is based on Tweets and posts by Trevor Henderson with bits of information and lore attached to an image. It still has it's own canon and statements but at the same time its still posts, not some movie or show or comic...though i guess it does have the difference of having actually consistent images.

Reddit posts alone are not notable and official enough to warrant profile pages for characters in our wiki. If there are official YouTube videos, featuring stories for the verse that have millions of views, that is probably enough to qualify though, but not if it is merely explanation videos.
Why is it relevant which platform the content is posted? This is like saying that a youtube cartoon series isn't valid enough to have profiles because a big company like Cartoon Network didn't feature them. The fact that it's a series posted on reddit as a chosen platform is completely irrelevant.

There is enough content there to make a big book.

And since when are "millions of youtube views" a standard? I've already linked a Down the Rabbit hole video of millions of views. The same channel even made a reading that has hundreds of thousands of views. The unofficial subreddit also has 18k members. There's more than enough notability to have a profile. Especially since the whole point of our "notability" standards were to make sure verses that are only popular in vs debating circles didn't come through anyway.

imm worried. You see, technically speaking we also have the Trevor Henderson mythos which is based on Tweets and posts by Trevor Henderson with bits of information and lore attached to an image. It still has it's own canon and statements but at the same time its still posts, not some movie or show or comic...though i guess it does have the difference of having actually consistent images.
That should preferably also be removed then, to avoid setting a bad precedent.

Why is it relevant which platform the content is posted? This is like saying that a youtube cartoon series isn't valid enough to have profiles because a big company like Cartoon Network didn't feature them. The fact that it's a series posted on reddit as a chosen platform is completely irrelevant.

There is enough content there to make a big book.

And since when are "millions of youtube views" a standard? I've already linked a Down the Rabbit hole video of millions of views. The same channel even made a reading that has hundreds of thousands of views. The unofficial subreddit also has 18k members. There's more than enough notability to have a profile. Especially since the whole point of our "notability" standards were to make sure verses that are only popular in vs debating circles didn't come through anyway.
Because we would then allow unpublished fanworks that might as well have been posted on a message wall. We need some sort of quality control standards to not allow unrestricted access for all the irrelevant low quality clutter of the Internet to be featured here. My apologies, but I am not budging regarding this point.

Quick question though, would a majority of SCPs fall under "unpublished fanworks"? I know they need to be approved by site moderators before being accepted, but they're still written by independent authors and lack any proper publication.

And yet it has a large following with fanmade content alone having 100 million+ views in a few cases.
The verse has high quality art and quite a bit of lore. It has it's own canon. I feel like if we begin deleting things like that then that would be wrong.

It'd be best to renove those, even if popular, as doing exc
eptions over this would open the gate to quite unprofessional content that would be better suited for the FC/OC VSBW

eptions over this would open the gate to quite unprofessional content that would be better suited for the FC/OC VSBW
i mean it's art, art+lore.
In case of reddit posts i guess they are in a way a problem since reddit posts are just posts, not to mention they're scattered, meanwhile TH lore is pretty straightforward and with clear statements and some good feats.

I'm also in favor of keeping the above verse, considering we have Webcomics and Webshows with less of a following. If the verse is detailed enough and has a decent sized following, I see no reason to remove it just based on what sites it's hosted on. If we delete this just because it's mostly reddit posts, then we also should delete any verses mostly based on Twitter, Instagram, or other Social Media sites.

Yah I don’t see a reason to remove it considering we have stuff like Jeff The Killer Saga which I’m fairly sure doesn’t have anywhere near the number of views compared to the people on the subreddit
How
What even is unprofessional content in this case?
Because we would then allow unpublished fanworks that might as well have been posted on a message wall. We need some sort of quality control standards to not allow unrestricted access for all the irrelevant low quality clutter of the Internet to be featured here. My apologies, but I am not budging regarding this point.
How is fanwork on a message wall even comparable lol
Does your message wall fanart have 18k visitors?
For the record Trevor should be removed for an entirely different reason, that being that most pages right now had their scans nuked and the supporters even after I made a CRT about have yet to really replace them

For the record Trevor should be removed for an entirely different reason, that being that most pages right now had their scans nuked and the supporters even after I made a CRT about have yet to really replace them
sadly there is that problem though we could still have a 7-A cartoon cat cause i do have a scan of CC being stated to be the literal strongest.

I mean it being reddit posts doesn't matter, since they are sourceable.

If the IP is notable, and it is original enough, it's indexable, and by Ogbun's description it very well is.

If shitty Steam VNs and random ass low effort mangas can be verses, reddit posts aren't far behind, just clarify canon standards for them.

Hell we parade around SCP with WORSE canon standards up all the way till Tier 0, as long as that collection of functional FANFICS is up, criticising Reddit posts shouldn't be a thing done.

I mean Extended Canon SCP is really damn heard to write for, considering you have to go through enough hoops for a night at a circus to actually add to it lol

Just saying, I do disagree with the DELETE though.

As I brung up here, I requested for the more 'useless' yume nikki profiles to be deleted, examples being Aztec Rave Monkey and the KALIMBA TV Channel.

These backround creatures do absolutely nothing, there tiers are mostly based on 'via sheer size' stuff and that's really it.

The effect NPCs should be deleted as well imo, all of them are basically clones, the same P&A with the occasional standout ability.

Here are some of the profiles I think are worthy of deletion
Aztec Rave Monkey
KALIMBA TV Channel
Blood Touching Monster
Roary Straw
The Thing with the Quivering Jaw
Takofuusen
Pirori
Big Red
Severed Heads
The effect NPCs (this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this)
🥶

Back