• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thank you to everybody who are helping out in any case.

It is possible that we should allow organizations pages that are structured much the same way as civilization pages, yes.
we already allow those. the scp foundation isn't a civilization, it's an organization. i just think civilizations and organizations should be separate.

Well, you are probably correct, but now is not a very good time to initialise any major wiki revision projects on top of our current ones.

Obscure alternate version of a character from a non-canon spin-off who scales to the God Tiers of the verse.

Obscure alternate version of a character from a non-canon spin-off who scales to the God Tiers of the verse.
I always found that profile sketchy

Ionliosite:

I handled it.

By the way: This profile page needs to have its versus thread links updated to this forum. Help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, my precious boy Metal Man (Iron Hero) no longer has a valid source video, as the video we used on the profile has been taken off Youtube, so I believe the profile needs to be deleted for now as there is no way for others to check the claims the profile makes. 😔

Unfortunately, my precious boy Metal Man (Iron Hero) no longer has a valid source video, as the video we used on the profile has been taken off Youtube, so I believe the profile needs to be deleted for now as there is no way for others to check the claims the profile makes. 😔
download-1.png

This profile page needs to have its versus thread links updated to this forum. Help would be appreciated.

Is somebody willing to handle this please?

I would also appreciate if some other staff member handles the above requested page deletions.

People, PLEASE be more careful with reporting profiles for DELETION.

This is a profile that has been around in a good state for years, but earlier today, COCo3000 edited it without a CRT to add that rating.

Those edits should be undone. The profile should not be deleted. A CRT is not required.

What are you talking about? In his edit history, he vandalised a profile page, yes, but he did not add the candidate for deletion category.

What are you talking about? In his edit history, he vandalised a profile page, yes, but he did not add the candidate for deletion category.
The second key of the profile was hecked pretty badly so I put it here and deleted the post once I figured out what really happened

Another user posted Faceless Void for deletion here, as it had an unsubstantiated Low 1-C key, without realizing that that key was only added recently by a vandal. That user later deleted their post, leaving mine without context.

This has been a long time coming, but tsunami (real world) needs to be deleted. Right now, it's entirely inaccurate, I can't figure out a sane way to make it viable, and I don't believe anybody else has given any serious thought to fixing it. If somebody thinks they can fix this, I bow to you. But really, I don't think it's possible, and as such we should just delete it as it only serves to be misleading as a reference profile.

we have profiles for events, don't we? couldn't we convert the tsunami profile from a character to an event?
The problem is that the AP is entirely inaccurate, and figuring out how to calculate what kind of damage a tsunami should do is extremely difficult.

A tsunami isn't a localized event. When a tsunami-producing event happens in the middle of the ocean, the waves go in every direction. This is a tsunami-tracking map:
tsunami_travel_times_hawaii_oct08-e1367637022991_940_750.jpg

Theoretically, it's possible to calculate how much energy per area the event produces at any certain distance. But that wouldn't give us a localized tier. Do we tier the total energy at the source (which would be easiest to get, since it's basically just seismic energy) or the localized damage at the coasts (which is the data that is actually useful for the profile)? Tsunamis are also not like nuclear bombs that do pretty consistent damage to targets regardless of size or type. Tsunamis generally do extensive damage to structures like walls and trees, so they're at least 9-B... but they don't instantly kill humans and animals when they hit them, so they're not 9-B? What do we tier it as? Vaugely tier 7, conditionally at least 9-B environmental damage?

When I went looking, I couldn't find any way to reliably estimate and calculate the kinetic energy of the waves, nor how to apply that as a tier, since the damage it does is entirely situational and based on the target's size and immobility. If somebody else wants to take a crack at it, they can. But I honestly think we're better off just yeeting this profile, and just judge fictional tsunami feats on a case-by-case basis on how much damage they appear to do.

Varies from 9-C to High 7-C(or other tier here) is my best guess, since Tsunamis don't one-shot humans and destroy towns if I recall

Varies from 9-C to High 7-C(or other tier here) is my best guess, since Tsunamis don't one-shot humans and destroy towns if I recall
But even being at the source of a tsunami wouldn't do tier 7 damage to a human being. They'd get hit with the wall of water and still die by drowning, not the impact itself.

Causing a tsunami can still potentially be tiered because that may just be seismic energy and can be treated like an earthquake calc. But the wave itself is pretty much outside of our normal tiering system when it comes to damage standards.

Back