• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
But even being at the source of a tsunami wouldn't do tier 7 damage to a human being. They'd get hit with the wall of water and still die by drowning, not the impact itself.
Of course, but the tsunamis humans are hit by are usually already on land, im basically talking about being near ground zero of a tsunami, which Tsunamis have wiped island civilizations off the map if I recall, so an actual better tier is: 9-C, Varies from 9-B to High 7-C via Eviromental destruction

Of course, but the tsunamis humans are hit by are usually already on land, im basically talking about being near ground zero of a tsunami, which Tsunamis have wiped island civilizations off the map if I recall, so an actual better tier is: 9-C, Varies from 9-B to High 7-C via Eviromental destruction
But that doesn't cover the entire tsunami, just an arbitrary section of it. See the map I provided above.

I deleted the page. If anybody wants to source code for later, they can copy it in their sandbox from here.

AKM deleted it, and then I deleted it again.

I cannot make sense of the statistics for this verse:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Sousei_no_Onmyouji

They have generally been incoherent and Nelliels and other editors who handle it do not seem to know what they are doing and randomly change the statistics in contradictory manners.

I think that it may be best for the reliability of the wiki if we delete it.

Coming to say that Deluge of the Abyss as a whole, likely shouldn't even be allowed on the site.

To start off it's viewership is extremely tiny, only having barely over 10 active readers. Not many people around even knows the verse exists in the first place outside of VSBW.

You can say maybe the above point isn't enough, but the verse is also seemingly meant to just be an intentional powercreep, in a very similar way to Suggsverse (And arguably their quality of writing is comparable as well). You can even sort of see this in some of the profile quotes.

See this:

I am known by many names. God. Yahweh. Monitor-Over-All. Presence-Above-Others. All-Mighty. Maker. Bois D’allumage by your people. But the name I gave myself, my personal favorite, is what you shall call me. Call me Norwe, and who am I? The creator of your universe, that's who.

That quote alone should be suspicious, and it just gives the feeling that whoever wrote this is a VS debater themselves. The verse itself is basically just another Suggsverse case.

I agree with Deluge's deletion. The art does give an impression that it has some fanbase, but it appears that most of it was commissioned, rather than plucked out of a large fan community.

I agree with Deluge's deletion. The art does give an impression that it has some fanbase, but it appears that most of it was commissioned, rather than plucked out of a large fan community.
To add to this, I actually can confirm a good portion of the art was commissioned as said here.

Since @Duedate8898 basically did all the work for this verse, should they be notified?

I wanted to ask, a verse that have no more supporter (get banned or they have leave) should rest or get deleted?

I wanted to ask, a verse that have no more supporter (get banned or they have leave) should rest or get deleted?
It only needs to get deleted once an issue is noticed with it, and there's no supporters (or sympathetic users) who can resolve that issue.

i.e. If someone finds a flaw in the AP ratings for the verse, and no-one knows enough about the verse to fix it, it should get deleted.

It only needs to get deleted once an issue is noticed with it, and there's no supporters (or sympathetic users) who can resolve that issue.

i.e. If someone finds a flaw in the AP ratings for the verse, and no-one knows enough about the verse to fix it, it should get deleted.
Okay ty

Anyways, about the power climb thing. A lot of verses have huge power creeps, but it always comes from a time skip or some new form. This was straight up instant without much explanation.

I agree about that we should delete Deluge of the Abyss based on the above reasoning.

@Duedate8898

Would that be acceptable to you?

I agree about that we should delete Deluge of the Abyss based on the above reasoning.

@Duedate8898

Would that be acceptable to you?
I would very not like for that to happen.

Just because the verse has few supporters and a small viewership I don't see why its liable for deletion. As long as its up to date and the profiles are accurate everything else should be fine.

We have several verse on site with only one supporter and with nearly no viewership as well and they're allowed to stay. And I don't see why the art being commisioned is support for the verse being deleted either.

I would very not like for that to happen.

Just because the verse has few supporters and a small viewership I don't see why its liable for deletion. As long as its up to date and the profiles are accurate everything else should be fine.

We have several verse on site with only one supporter and with nearly no viewership as well and they're allowed to stay. And I don't see why the art being commisioned is support for the verse being deleted either.
Virtually no verse here has viewership in the tens though. It very much lacks the notoriety outside of battleboards to be here based on what's said above I'd imagine.

Virtually no verse here has viewership in the tens though. It very much lacks the notoriety outside of battleboards to be here based on what's said above I'd imagine.
Firstly, Deluge of the Abyss (at least Battle is An Art) does have more than just ten viewers. It's a story that gets crossposted between multiple sites, with the one I linked just being the main one that the author uses for communication. As seen here with the site I first found it on:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/17411/battle-is-an-art
And if you just check the statistics, viewership is more than that.
Secondly, there are plenty of verses on the site that lack any sort of notierty outside of battleboards as well to be here, or to be more specific, this site. And I don't know why it needs notoriety outside of VsBattles (as this is the only battleboard site it ever appears) and more than that, I'm pretty sure a good portion of our verses are in much the same case. Two verses (also web based but comics) Star Warriors and Star Punch Girl both lack supporters and virtually little presence but their own site and here. Something like Death and Destiny and The Nightmares of Alamir books also have virtually no presence outside of where they're released and on here. Yet these verses all have pages that are properly structured and put together, with little issues with the profiles present either.

The verse being obscure shouldn't matter as long as its accurate.

I agree that being obscure isn't a reason for deleting something, if the stats are fine, and nothing else is problematic, it should stay.
The only problem I can see with commissioned art is if the author isn't credited, but it technically isn't mandatory.

The popularity rarely tends to be a reason, most often it's just a way to shuffle around the idea that a verse might or might not be made for vsdebating ala' Suggs.

Which is of course impossible to prove, so that argument is made instead.

As long as no actual problems with the profile are there, it should be fine. I guess a short story made to prop up a tier 1/0 would warrant the suspicion, but I don't know the OP pencil's verse so I don't know how that applies. And Alamir has a full digit over your tens of viewers, and that's limiting it to people who reviewed it! Leave my boy alone.

Obscurity literally is one of our few reasons for deleting verses.

If there are other verses that lack any sort of notoriety outside of battleboards, tell us about them so they can be deleted too.

They need notoriety outside of battleboards so we don't just have battleboarders writing 1-A and above verses to flood the site with, which is exactly what Deluge of the Abyss is.

Editing Rules
The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world.

Back