• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How so?

Last edited:
Well, we're planning to make a sandbox and discuss things like AP/Speed, what calcs should be used, what character scales to who because there are a lot of things that we're disagreeing on and the guy who created this profile didn't knew that, so we requested to him to request to delete this profile but he didn't knew how, that's why i asking

Btw, when i saying "we" i'm referring to the verse supporters

Ped2018:

Okay. I will delete it.

Well, something non-canon can still be used for scaling as it showcases the potential capabilities in this kind of case, unless it contradicts scaling.

If others don't mind, then it can be deleted in that case.
I would tag other knowledgeable members on this series first, however.

The problem is that Vader doesn't have anything else to scale of.
The alternative is making him High 6-A for being at least comparable to other low tiers of the verse.
He also isn't canon too, unlike the other characters, so a non-canon ending for a non-canon character should be ok.

I don't think so? I think it just has to be Unique enough from the original one to stay.
Eh, not really, here's the rules:

OK? He's a Non-Canon Guest Character, but he's Unique enough from the original one that I think he can stay. Also, I feel like if Vader gets called out it's only fair to call out Soul Calibur 3 Link and Soul Calibur PSP Kratos as well for being the same kind of Character.

If this is just a problem with scaling him to Algol, he also fights Mitsurugi in the Playstation Opening for SC4, who also Canonically fought Algol. Sort of.

OK? He's a Non-Canon Guest Character, but he's Unique enough from the original one that I think he can stay. Also, I feel like if Vader gets called out it's only fair to call out Soul Calibur 3 Link and Soul Calibur PSP Kratos as well for being the same kind of Character.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind deleting those in that case.

This is exactly what I hope to change one day, as I have always had a problem with that rule in particular.

Doesn't the Smash Cast already have Profiles? Could've sworn they did.
Smash Bros. is forbidden from having profiles, Mario is literally the first example given on not allowed crossover profiles. Of course, characters created for Smash, such as Mr. Game & Watch or Master Hand, are allowed because they aren't crossovers.

TBH Vader should be nuked

Unlike Geralt or even Kratos there's no real intersect between between Vader and the story

He exists solely in arcade mode

Yep if memory serves you encounter him in Broken Destiny in the Gauntlet

Broken Destiny is non canon to my knowledge so that's debatable

Smash Bros. is forbidden from having profiles, Mario is literally the first example given on not allowed crossover profiles. Of course, characters created for Smash, such as Mr. Game & Watch or Master Hand, are allowed because they aren't crossovers.
I mean, they have become quite different from the "main canon" variant since like Brawl. Stickers, Spirits and their general nature makes them unique enought to be worthy of profiles if you ask me.

For now, regrettably, I also agree with the deletion. However, again, I want to change the rules to allow these kinds of profiles under certain restrictions and guidelines unlike what we have now.

Well, we created the rules to avoid spam of identical versions of established characters, but they may have turned too strict, yes, as many of these profile pages seem harmless.

Basically, I personally mainly had in mind that we did not really need 50+ versions of Wolverine and every Marvel character from alternative timelines, or 20+ versions of every major Naruto character from every game that they ever appeared in, but the rules seem to have caused problems with many harmless cases as well.

I think Vader, Link and othet Soul Calibur guests can stay.
As long as a character has a piece of story, unique powers, is different enough from the original or else should be allowed to stay.
I mean, don't the Naruto games follow the original story? In that case characters would just be the original, a higher isn't enough as a difference, but many.
I think that a set of required differences should be considered when evaluating a crossover character, which is still different from a generic alternate version of a character, but the criteria are almost the same.
This Vader isn't canon, but he has his own story, is a complete character inside his game and has a different enough set of powers, even just for the Soul Edge.

Not really tho

Other profiles (Freddy from MK9 and Spawn) added to the series lore, incoroporating elements to the characters and in one case being rcognised by official canon (The Dream Realm from Freddy's ending is shown in Tremor's and mentioned in 11 iirc)

While I have no problem with it if the game gives enough new info about the character thar's not what the wiki rules are

You're right, but we are discussing if the rules should be less strict.

Personally I think that a series of guidelines or requirements to apply case by case should be better than just strict rules.

And not having place in the main story shouldn't disqualify a character, imho, especially if it is somewhat relevant for the game/media itself overall, not just the main plot.

I will send a private message to Starter_Pack and SamanPatou. Perhaps we could create a staff only forum thread for this.

Last edited:
Back