• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Alakazam (Fates Collide)

I feel like this should be deleted, it's essentially just the normal Alakazam profile but with a 2-C key based off a single vague sentence that links to another wiki page for card packs. I recall profiles like these aren't allowed and that it's why Naruto Storm profiles can't be made since it's just a stronger version of that same person with no significant difference outside of apparent stats.

Was any staff member involved in the creation of the profile, either by writing or allowing it?

Well, then it is probably best if somebody politely asks him to comment here.

Because Cal presumably knows the rules, and thuis might have had a reason to make it.

Some of the stuff does seem to work diiferently. Like, pretty sure canon alakazams always know everything in the past, this one needs to look at you.

Brantley (Frenzyverse)

Very amateurish profile, having formatting all over the place, and seemingly not entirely sure how to do what.

It should probably be deleted, and the user in question be given advice on how to create profiles.

Has somebody asked Cal to comment here yet?

While we wait for Cal, I'll give my reasons for why it should remain: they're not the same.

Similarly to how we have a Pikachu page for wild ones and Pikachu (Anime) page specifically for Ash's Pikachu, Alakazam is just a page for wild Alakazams, while the Fate Collides page is about a specific Alakazam. The only thing they share is name and race, but they're technically not the same character.

Okay. I suppose that it can probably remain then.

TriforcePower1 said:
While we wait for Cal, I'll give my reasons for why it should remain: they're not the same.
Similarly to how we have a Pikachu page for wild ones and Pikachu (Anime) page specifically for Ash's Pikachu, Alakazam is just a page for wild Alakazams, while the Fate Collides page is about a specific Alakazam. The only thing they share is name and race, but they're technically not the same character.
Aside from Ash's Pikachu being vastly more notable (Does this alakazam actually have anything more known about it than the statement used for its AP?), there is another difference. Ash's Pikachu goes by its own feats regarding abilities. Fates Collide Alakazam on the other hand seems to literally just have the composite Alakazam abilities and stats copied over, aside from the increased AP.

This isn't like Pikachu or even Mystery Dungeon protagonists, this is a random Alakzam being made 2-C based on a card pack description. There is no sign of a significant difference outside of tier from what I can see to warrant a profile.

It doesn't even have any lore or backstory, just a copy and paste of normal Alakazam.

Hmm. Perhaps it should be deleted after all then.

I don't have enough care for the profile to insist it stays if it'll cause more controversy than it's worth. While I want the profile to stay (obviously, as I made it after all) and Kep, Assalt, and Ever were all okay with it being made, along with an entire expansion of the TCG being made for this one Pokemon, and normal Alakazams can't reality warp, manipulate fate, or summon, if it'll make a few people happy, get rid of it.

I don't particularly care either way, it's simply other characters being deleted just for being the same thing as others but stronger.

Yobobojojo said:
I feel like we're being unnecessarily harsh on it just because it's from the TCG
That... has absolutely nothing to do with it.

It's just that we deleted other profiles, or denied them, just because nothing but AP changed.

Yobobojojo said:
I feel like we're being unnecessarily harsh on it just because it's from the TCG
It has nothing to o with that.

We are just saying that it's unnecessary because that rpofile is literally Mega Alakazam but with 2-C AP, nothing more.

And profiles of Non-canon incarnations of already exisiting character, whose only difference is just "higher AP2 get always deleted. It shouldn't be any different from Alakazam's case.

I mean, I had no problem with it. This franchise is already one that works on practically nothing but the Pokedex to measure its AP, and the wording of the Fates Collide expansion is pretty explicit in its description. Plus, as Triforce said, this is for a specific Alakazam, not an entire species.

I'm not invested enough to actively defend it. I'm just saying I don't inherently have a problem with it, and I believe it has barely enough of a foothold to keep a place here.

You could argue most forms of Superman are just versions with 1 or 2 different abilities and different AP by that logic.

It's not as if it's just some random Alakazam with a 2-C feat. It's a actual plot point from what I can see, and a major one at that.

To the superman thing, not really, no. Most are massively different in many things other than power.

For the second, that doesn't change the fact that nothing but AP changes for it.

Then please, give an exemple.

Also, I feel like I repeated this a dozen times over, but "others do it' is not a reasoning. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

It's not about "two wrongs make a right." It's about us having double standards.

For example, Superman (Fleischer) and the movie Superman are even less notable in differences of powers and AP then this version of Alakazam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back