• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yobobojojo said:
It's not about "two wrongs make a right." It's about us having double standards.
For example, Superman (Fleischer) and the movie Superman are even less notable in differences of powers and AP then this version of Alakazam.
It's not about notability. It's about being litirally the same but stronger.

Why does the "different incarnation with AP difference" rule exist btw?

Also, refresh my memory, does this only relate to non-canon characters?

It's not about notability. It's about being litirally the same but stronger.

Being stronger should have nothing to do with it. It's about the difference itself. It doesn't matter if the difference is less AP or more AP, because the supposed issue is with the lack of difference.

Not really, no. His fighting style and abilities don't match the others all that well either.

Except for the comics version, Superman's style has always generally been "punch it"

Yobobojojo said:
Being stronger should have nothing to do with it. It's about the difference itself. It doesn't matter if the difference is less AP or more AP, because the supposed issue is with the lack of difference.
And that is not my point. He is in no way equal in skills and powers to the others.

Nearly everything Alakazam has is copy pasted from the OG one.

ABout DCEU and Fleishner Superman, pretty sure that those are fine because not only do they have a different tier, but they are another vision of the character of Superman, with their own stories, traits and personalities. in fact, they actually have fewer abilities than their original version.

Mega Alakazam is just Mega Alakazam, but with a 2-C feat.

And that is not my point. He is in no way equal in skills and powers to the others.

Nearly everything Alakazam has is copy pasted from the OG one.

Those Superman versions are more or less the same.

So, let's summarize the points with and against it:

+It's not the same character as Alakazam

+It's the main "Mascot" of the Fate Collides collection

+Has a bit of lore, though admittedly not much, as he's the one that fused two universes in the lore of the card game

+Several staff members previously agreed with its existence

-It's basically Alakazam with 2-C AP

-He's still not popular enough to warrant a profile

Yobobojojo said:
Except for the comics version, Superman's style has always generally been "punch it"
Not really, no...

And you also seem to be ignoring the differences in skills and abilities too.

DMB 1 said:
ABout DCEU and Fleishner Superman, pretty sure that those are fine because not only do they have a different tier, but they are another vision of the character of Superman, with their own stories, traits and personalities. in fact, they actually have fewer abilities than their original version.

Mega Alakazam is just Mega Alakazam, but with a 2-C feat.
Once again, it's not about the number or abilities being higher, but the lack of difference, which is even worse here. And they may have their own stories, but everything else is more or less the same. Heck, I could argue that this version of Alakazam has his own story if what Cal said is a fact.

Not really, no...

And you also seem to be ignoring the differences in skills and abilities too.

The differences are as minimal as this version of Alakazam's, hence my issue.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this version of Alakazam has 3 sentences of backstory to it? That is a pretty siginifcant difference to any other alternate canon we allow. It would probably be the profile with the least amount of source material we have.

To that comes that this is not Fates Collide Alakazam by its own feats and showing, but composite Alakazam with the Fates Collide feat, that would be an outlier to the main one. So this isn't even alternate canon version, this is an alternate composite version.

From what I can understand, his story is basically "Mega Alakazam has merged 2 universes. Go and stop him".

I think that in a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game, Yubel has a Low 2-C incarnation of him/herself, with his/her own feats and lore, but it got rejected from having a profile.

And about what the admins said, I thought they were more so saying that his Tier was legit, rather than him getting a profile.

DMB 1 said:
From what I can understand, his story is basically "Mega Alakazam has merged 2 universes. Go and stop him".

I think that in a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game, Yubel has a Low 2-C incarnation of him/herself, with his/her own feats and lore, but it got rejected from having a profile.

And about what the admins said, I thought they were more so saying that his Tier was legit, rather than him getting a profile.
Yubel had even less difference there, but IMO should have been allowed. Doesn't matter too much tho

Anyway, I'm not saying this is the most solid reasoning, but we aren't here to judge the quantity or quality of a story, just that it differs.

Oh, I agree that he should only scale to his own feats, and not using abilities that are exclusive just to some Alakazams or moves that he doesn't have. Some stuff is still legit as they're abilties every Alakazam has.

TriforcePower1 said:
Oh, I agree that he should only scale to his own feats, and not using abilities that are exclusive just to some Alakazams or moves that he doesn't have. Some stuff is still legit as they're abilties every Alakazam has.
More reasonable, even though it doesn't change the fact that 3 sentences of story in my opinion don't make a notable character.

I'm also not sure how many abilities you can actually assume any Alakazam to have between media. I'm not sure if Pokémon abilities apply in every media, there is no attack it necessarily has and pokédex entries aren't consistently applied in all media either.

Well, I suppose that DontTalkDT seems to make sense, and that somebody should delete the profile then. My apologies Cal.

@Yobobojojo

That seems like a good idea.

Cloudy Copter

Not only is the profile not very well put together, but it also features literally the only character that was introduced exclusively in the Baldi's Field Trip Demon. And since I'm less willing to fight for a character from this Demon than I was for Deltarune, I think it can be let go.

Antvasima said:
@Yobobojojo

That seems like a good idea.
From what DarkLK said, the FC Mega Alakazam lacks some powers of the normal composite Alakazam, while having a feat that would be an outlier for normal Alakazam.

I can't see how this would reasonably fit into a key on the profile. It'd only have the few abilities it's demonstrated and a 2-C feat.

What is the context behind its 2-C feat, btw? Is the following sentence the entire justification for the tier?

"Mega Alakazam-EX sees the future—and shapes it to unify two worlds!"

I swear I could upgrade the Zelda verse to 3-A just by showing how many hundreds of pages are Tier 3 and 2 by considering World = Universe and just get it accepted because it's either that or revising a ton of pages

Looking at it now by itself, I agree with DDM. The terms "World" is way too vague to be properly utilized in creating a profile, as it could mean quite a lot of things.

I'm actually gonna back it's deletion as a key or a profile now.

Different worlds being used in context of changing the future would imply the worlds being timelines imo.

Does it at all imply how it's done or if this is remotely applicable for combat, though? That's what I'm more concerned about. We just know he saw the future and "shaped it", which unified "two worlds". This seems like it could mean a lot of things, as opposed to the only logical option being Mega Alakazam fusing two universes via sheer power.

Well, if DontTalkDT and Azathtoh, who are two of our most rational staff members, think that the profile should be deleted, it seems best to do so.

I will handle it now.

Hmm. I interpreted it that way, but may have misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back