• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
y'know, now that i think about it, why wouldn't Superman be 2-C for the Jaxon feat. It's pretty clear that it was Superman and Jaxon's power undoing the entirety of Time Trappers reverse of the Green Lanterns damage (who is also 2-C to 2-A with prep time) and he woudl still scale to less than Doctor Fate, Spectre, Mordru, and even Darkseid who arguably all have 2-C capabilities (didn't Darkseid once defeat the Time Trapper or am i remembering wrong.) Plus it's not like it too much of a strech for a character who regularly fought guys who can control time and space to be at least 2-C.

I know, wrong place wrong time to talk about it. I'm just curious if there is another reason besides "it's an outlier"

Is this show still on the road? Everything seemed to have stopped.(sigh)......Right when it was just getting good. Perhaps we're still waiting on a jiren or superman AP update?

Matt did say that Maaldor creating a new universe upon his death is legit Low 2-C since an entirely new timeline was made.

Still, Supes isn't moving out of Low 2-C anytime soon.

I get that, but why are we so adamant about him not going to 2-C when we have a feat that very clearly shows him being 2-C, and yet we treat it as Low 2-C

And is it really that big of an outlier if he already me proven to be able to alter timelines and defeat beings who create timelines before. It's not THAT big of a stretch.

Because him being Low 2-C is the most consistent. He's got more Low 2-C feats than 2-C ones, AFAIK

We have characters who only have 1 or 2, 2-C feats and we upgrade them all the same. I mean, it's not like this feat is a just a random power scaling feat or PIS, it's pretty clearly explained in extreme detail leaving no room for the imagination that Superman's power did affect multiple time lines.

Feels like we're just not upgrading him for no reason. Wasn't there something about Supergirl also scaling to a weakened Anti-Monitor that would also put him in at least 2-C as well?

DC Comics is a different story, with Pre-Crisis being hella inconsistent and powerscaling being all over the place, not to mention the plot inconveniences. Marvel suffers from the same thing, but on a more gargantuan level.

Not to mention finding the feats in and out of themselves is a major pain in the ass and only adds fuel to the fire when you don't know the full context behind the feats.

Any less consistent than powerscaling from Pokemon, and we still have a Lucario being 2-B because he knocked out a Darkrai for 2 panels, despite said Darkrai never doing anything in the story to prove him being 2-B.

Jared1111 said:
Any less consistent than powerscaling from Pokemon, and we still have a Lucario being 2-B because he knocked out a Darkrai for 2 panels, despite said Darkrai never doing anything in the story to prove him being 2-B.
At least they don't have over several decades worth of comic-book history.

I really don't see how that matters, especially since you admitted he has a lot of consistent Low 2-C feats anyway. It's not like your upgrading him to Outerverse level because he fought Soulfire Darkseid like Post-Crisis or anything, it's still well within the realm of possibility for Pre-Crisis Supes to be 2-C.

Jared1111 said:
Going off-topic here but I personally really disagree with Darkrai and Cresselia being 2-C, likely 2-B. I feel as if it should logically go:

At least 6-B (Tobias' Latios is comparable to his Darkrai) | 2-C (Merged two worlds) | 2-B (Insert PMD and Movie feats)

Seeing as they are all completely different Darkrai. Seriously do people assume Raditz is Low 2-C because Goku is Low 2-C? They are completely different members of the same race for crying out-loud.

I get the idea of composite Pokemon and i understand that Darkrai does have a lot of shared feat across the series, i just feel its weird that a random ass Lucario is able to be 2-B off of a one page feat of knocking out a radom ass Darkrai that he needed backup for, and only really managed to barely knock out for a few panels is that power with no arguments, but Superman being 2-C despite having a clear feat for said event and consistently being shown as near that power anyway is completely rejected because... reasons.

Everyone is mentioning Jiren's glare, at first I was like "guys...you're totally over-rating that move".

That is until.....I watched it again and he used the glare on Vegeta's Final Flash (Which I believe was also a above baseline Low 2-c move)! 0_0

Yeah I read it. Speed is equalised so if he see's the attack coming he phases. He can phase mid-combat in the scans psted on that other thread. Also when he gets the chance he can just think and mind-hax. Doesn't take long. Or literally BFR through time whilst Jiren runs out of stamina whilst Superman has limitless stamina under a sun.

He cannot see intangibles. And it is far more likely for Jiren to just glare than for Superman to prepare his hax or execute his techniques

Invisible =/= intangible first and foremost.

Second, all of Sups' haxxes has been debunked as a 100% wincon. Jiren's options are better and faster to use.

Never said that, anywhere.

Ok but I said he can just phase through Jiren's attacks. Which hasn't been addressed. When he gets the chance he can just mind hax or BFR.

Nothing has been debunked. The whole thread is Jiren fanboys repeating ''Jiren glares'' even though Supes can easily phase trough it and kill him with hax.

Yeah Hit was outside his dimension when Jiren hit him and Jiren got his intagible attack, Ok. But Superman's phasing works through time phasing. Even if I say molecular it doesn't matter. He shifts his molecules so he's intangible Jiren's attacks go through his molecules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back