• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible TF2 buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
As is seen in TF comics #4, here, the Heavy can, at least temporarily, match Saxton Hale in physical strength. (Hale was on the other side of the rope, pulling downward on the Scout). Notably, the Scout was also surviving the combined strength of both Hale and the Heavy, pulling on his neck, which can scale in durability to the rest of RED Team, given that the Scout is the weakest of all of them, and to their AP by extension, as they are all able to hurt each other.

Thoughts?

I think it's leaning more towards Scout's durability as mentioned in the OP, considering the fact that he's able to survive having his neck pulled on (and thus crushed) by both Heavy and Saxton Hale who can wrestle Russian Grizzly Bears and Sharks the size of Makos with ease.

The first three look fine but there is nothing suggesting Scout "catches" bullets. Bonk Scouts can actually dodge a point-blank flamethrower attack. The dodge animation is the same regardless. If we are using bullets to find this, we need to consider him dodging from his center of mass when it gets within the area of effect of Bonk! or just not use it a speed feat.

The justification for the Bonk! was that whenever a bullet hits him he is pushed back, meaning that there is a force acting upon him. I'm not sure how flamethrower things would work though. Perhaps dodging the gas/oil?

AFAIK explosions push him back as well, so that'd just be dodging the brunt of it/riding the wave.

Plus it renders him invulnerable to all damage, including fall damage. The explosion and bullets are the only one that actually push him back to the best of my memory, so those would be speed feats I believe. He still can't use it to blitz though.

If he's immune to fall damage, then he obviously isn't dodging, he's just invincible, like an UberCharge. To assume that he dodges fall damage is absurd. I feel that Bonk certainly can't be used as a speed feat.

I mean, it does say "dodge" in animation while he does it...

I feel like the bullet thing is only fair interpretation if we consider him as actually dodging it and not catching it

That is more reasonable. He could easily just be sidestepping, Sans style, just faster than you can see. He certainly isn't catching them.

Either way, I feel that it might be a good idea to get a consensus on the Hale feat, the original purpose of this thread.

1: Blocking fall damage makes a lot more sense than dodging it.

2: It still dosen't make any sense. I know you're joking, but still.

3: That's true, but I feel that the true extent of the ability is really game mechanics. I doubt Valve thought- "Yeah, with this, Scout will become so fast that he can dodge a Heavy's minigun fire from every single direction at once, despite the fact that that is inherently impossible."

Stevethebarbarian said:
1: Blocking fall damage makes a lot more sense than dodging it.

2: It still dosen't make any sense. I know you're joking, but still.

3: That's true, but I feel that the true extent of the ability is really game mechanics. I doubt Valve thought- "Yeah, with this, Scout will become so fast that he can dodge a Heavy's minigun fire from every single direction at once, despite the fact that that is inherently impossible."
Well, if the Flash vibrates fast enough, he can effectively do this so....

Not impossible technically. The only impossibility would be dodging it if you put the minigun model inside of the Scout and in that case we're just starting to be inane. I was using it as an example.

The point-blank sniper/minigun dodge though is still legitimate, but dodging miniguns from all angles would be abusing mechanics to an absurd degree.

I still think BONK is more of a durability boost than a speed boost, especially considering it dosen't actually enhance either his speed or his attack power.

Yes, he dodges everything, including explosions, both physical and magical, fall damage, flamethrowers constantly torching him from every angle at once, hell, he can literally dodge being on fire.

Well, shouldn't they logically be the same people, so it should scale even despite their total incompetence.

I thought that was purposefully biased reporting and they did another series on the BLU team? I may remember wrong though.

LordXcano said:
I thought that was purposefully biased reporting and they did another series on the BLU team? I may remember wrong though.

Well, I believe WAR! portrayed the two teams as equals. Theirs also obviously gameplay feats that imply they're equals as well.

It is obvious that the RED Team is portrayed as much better in almost every way than BLU.

Meet The Scout: The Scout somehow beats down a BLU Heavy in melee combat, despite the fact that the Heavy is by far the strongest of the mercs in that regard. He also easily evades the entire BLU team to cap the inteligence.

Soldier: The RED Soldier kills like five BLU members, rocket jumps and market gardens like a pro, and evidently is blessed by Gaben with infinite random crits.

Pyro: The Pyro wipes all of BLU team, without even trying.

Demoman: The entire BLU team idiotically walks straight into a stickybomb trap and gets blown to peices by the RED Demoman alone.

Heavy: The Heavy is able to kill dozens of BLU team members who never even try to shoot him despite the fact that he is standing on an outcropping in the open.

Engineer: The Engie brings down dozens of BLU Team members, just sitting there as they moronically walk right into his sentries.

Medic: With the Heavy, kills hundreds of BLU Soldiers.

Sniper: The only "Meet The" video in which the BLU team shows any inteligence whatsover, shooting up at the Sniper. Nonetheless, he is obviously worth a full team worth of BLU mercs.

Spy: The BLU Spy is an idiot in his interactions with Scout, never realizing that he was the RED Spy, giving him the Spy's knife, and badly managing the BLU survivors.

Soooooooo 1 RED member is basically stronger than a whole team of trained BLU members? Sure, in some places it's the case, I guess, BUT.

Demoman: They couldn't see his stickies. Sticky traps are designed to be unseen by any one, that's why they're "traps".

Medic: He was using the Ubercharge, which pretty much makes him invincible if you didn't know. It was a new invention, as shown in the Meed the Medic outtakes, to the Soldiers couldn't have possibly known about what it can do, therefore trying to kill the Heavy either way.

Spy: Well, RED Spy was doing a pretty damn good job at doing a Scout impression, and nobody really knew that he would know about him being a Spy in the first place: we don't even get to see Scout dying and the survivors don't know that Scout is dead.

@RexdeDino

Really? Then what's that glowy ball with spikes? That's not a trap? There's a reason why it's designed to be called a sticky grenade. Demoman putting them at ledges or corners is strategised, keyword, strategised as a trap.

Medic scene. Tell me, what can you do against a nigh-omni directional wall of rockets with just only a backpack of the magical healing and a gun that only heals your comrades? He can't be fast as Scout and in the Meet The Medic is to show what's best of Medic. Can you do anything to rockets as the Medic? Can you reflect it back like Pyro or run away like Scout? No. But, he can react to and possibly dodge a rocket by moving away quickly which is the most basic feat that all characters have.

Alright, let's say you're Medic. What would you do with just a healing gun against almost a 100 soldiers with rocket launchers? Can you outrun them? No. Their rockets will blitz you. Can you dodge them with a different route? Depends if you can move faster than the Soldiers tilting of their launchers. But, you're not Scout. You're the Medic. What do Medics do? Heal.

Heal who? Heavy because of his large size to be used kind of like a shield and he's the only one, for the moment, to have the ubercharge heart. Seriously, what can you really do with a gun only shooting needles, a gun to heal and a bone saw against countless of rocket launchers?

Asdtgh said:
Alright, let's say you're Medic. What would you do with just a healing gun against almost a 100 soldiers with rocket launchers? Can you outrun them? No. Their rockets will blitz you. Can you dodge them with a different route? Depends if you can move faster than the Soldiers tilting of their launchers. But, you're not Scout. You're the Medic. What do Medics do? Heal.
Heal who? Heavy because of his large size to be used kind of like a shield and he's the only one, for the moment, to have the ubercharge heart. Seriously, what can you really do with a gun only shooting needles, a gun to heal and a bone saw against countless of rocket launchers?
I really don't see your point. Yes, the Medic needed the Heavy in order to kill all the Soldiers. What I don't understand is what you are trying to say.

Pff. Yeah, that dude's awesome. But, that's gameplay. He only killed them one by one. What can you do against all of them who are all going to kill you all at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back