• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Pokemon Speed Downgrade.

There is also this more than self-explanatory scan of Solar Beam being used on Oshawott - it is redirected upwards through the glass ceiling of the gym, and it passes through the glass just like real light.

So, it seems majority agree that Doom Desire and Signal Beam are not real light. What did they scale to before this?

I agree that both Doom Desire and Signal Beam shouldn't be considered legitimate, though the latter is unfortunate, since Mewtwo had a 40+ times FTL calc from evading a Signal Beam from Genesect at point-blank range.

No one said anything about Doom Desire.

The image above disproves it being light due to the fact that it bends. And there are comments above that disagree with it, unless my memory failed me.

Drite77 said:
@Kukui The disagreement is almost unanymous because the light bended on Poliwrath
If thats the only reason, then Doom Desire is in the same boat as I said above. People made arguments against "if light bends, it's not light speed", pointing out why its very faulty.

Yes I still agree with a thread for this standard in general to be made, but if the rebuttals stand, then Doom Desire shouldnt be disqualifed based on this one line of reasoning.

Doom Desire has no evidence to be lightspeed other than it being vaguely called "sunlight" in its move description, with zero showings, and it bent. There is no reason to accept it. This is exactly why the standards are tight.

It's a wiki rule that it should not be considered real light if it bends. Until that rule is changed, this feat it not valid.

DParadoxIndifferent said:
Doom Desire has no evidence to be lightspeed other than it being vaguely called "sunlight" in its move description, with zero showings, and it bended. There is no reason to accept it. This is exactly why the standards are tight.
Define "vaguely".

>with zero showings

Of what? The move having shows contradicts you here. Hard.

>And it bended

Which people already explained why this shouldnt be a reason to disqualify something as light speed. As I literally just said.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
It's a wiki rule that it should not be considered real light if it bends. Until that rule is changed, this feat it not valid.
Then someone here needs to make a thread to address this. I will if no one else is up to doing it.

> Define "vaguely".

"The move is attacked with a beam of sunlight".

We never accept light statements as evidence without further statements, so yes, it's vague.

> Of what? The move having shows contradicts you here. Hard.

Okay, so you can point me to the scans where it has met our standards.

> Which people already explained why this shouldnt be a reason to disqualify something as light speed. As I literally just said.

Irrelevant. It's a wiki rule that things with no particular properties of real light and which bend shouldn't be considered real light. Until a thread is made to change it, people disagreeing with it doesn't matter.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
That blog only specifically adresses why beams are able to "push" someone parallel to the direction of its travel. It doesn't justify the following

light bending for no reason

light being touched as if it were an object (ie: a sword)

light exploding on contact

Light can interact by imparting some of its momentum on objects but that only means we wouldn't take instances where someone is sent flying by a beam of light as proof of the attack not being light, it doesn't really affect anything here since the main issue with DD is the fact that it bent.

>"The move is attacked with a beam of sunlight"

First of all, that isnt at all the reason why Doom Desire was considered light speed in the first place. Not the only reason at least.

"Summons strong sunlight to attack 2 turns later" . Flat out saying sunlight is being summoned. So im fairly certain this justifies actual sunlight being used.

>We never accept light statements as evidence without further statements, so yes, it's vague.

See above.

>Okay, so you can point me to the scans where it has met our standards.

Oh? Then never-mind. You gave me the impression that you thought Doom Desire had 0 showings in general, which I was pointing out to be obviously wrong.

>Irrelevant. It's a wiki rule that things with no particular properties of real light

This was never argued-against, nor was it the issue people argued against here. Only the bending aspect.

>which bend shouldn't be considered real light. Until a thread is made to change it, people disagreeing with it doesn't matter.

Yeah on second thought, i'll make this thread. Better to address this asap.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Wrath Of Itachi said:
Then someone here needs to make a thread to address this. I will if no one else is up to doing it.
A lot of light speed feat has been debunked on this point. You will need a great argument to proved the bending case is not accurated as alight standard, @ProfessorKukui4Life.

I think Solar Beam wouldn't meet our light standard based on @Kepekley23 's points as the Statements about it been considering light look contradicted by the showings.

Other points were brought up, and Kep seems to have accepted the points that justify Solar Beam to be SOL

Elizhaa said:
I think Solar Beam wouldn't meet our light standard based on @Kepekley23 's points as the Statements about it been considering light look contradicted by the showings.
Those points were all countered and debunked. Solar Beam is safe.

And after I make my thread, Doom Desire is debatable. Signal Beam is the only move thats agreed to be not light speed.

Wow. I feel useless since my calculation was no good. Are there other deeds that I can calculate to help?

Ummmmm, if i have a calc i guess i can ask you later? I don't think that we need another calc right now, foi mal ai bro sorry mate

Back