• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Pokemon Speed Downgrade.

I think you would. Because that would mean that the person who could react to attacks moving at the speed of light was too slow to be able to react to you.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Small question out of curiousity.

Would you be considered FTL if you're able to blitz someone who can dodge a LS attack or nah?
Can you provide more context for the feat? Depending on the distance, it can be higher.

No it can't be higher, since that would be calc stacking.

The character would have to have exactly lightspeed reactions but if so, yeah.

If that's te case, then we have a potential FTL feat for legendaries now that Solar Beam's been secured as SoL.

Alain's Mega Charizard X was able to dodge Primal Groudon's Solar Beam at point blank range, and it was able to be blitzed by Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent.

Calc that "point blank" feat first. Like I said, what I said only matters if the value is exactly lightspeed.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Calc that "point blank" feat first. Like I said, what I said only matters if the value is exactly lightspeed.
What about the reaction? As Emperor said, that wouldnt mean the reaction speed would be below light speed and if one can blitz someone who can react to light speed attacks, your moving faster than what they can react to.

...The very dodge would in itself qualify as reaction speed. Reaction is just a movement under a short timeframe. It's basically the exact same thing as combat speed, with the only difference being that the latter is multiple movements under a short timeframe.

If the feat came out to be, say, 75% the speed of light to dodge the Solar Beam, then Mega Charizard's reactions are 75% speed of light, and blitzing him would require unquantifiably >75% lightspeed combat/movement speed.

If Charizard's feat ends up being Relat+, then we can't give out such a jump like that and we can't calc it, as it is calc stacking. If the feat ends up being FTL then people blitzing Charizard would just be FTL too.

Fair enough. I dont care if it wouldnt result in FTL, was just asking out of curiousity since I saw it as potentially notable.

Unless does someone want to calc it and see where it goes?

Charizard doesn't dodge the beam. He only dodges where Groudon decides to aim the beam. If I used a laser pointer at you and you tried to get away from the pointer, you wouldn't be FTL.

You can still compare the speed of the beam's expansion and the speed Charizard is flying at though, since Charizard can be seen flying a notable distance while the beam is still expanding.

Yeah, but its very likely gonna be just another Rel+ feat that isnt anything different, so it might not be worth calcing.

Then again, I probabaly dont know enough to say this with certainty.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The screen cuts away to the beam being immediately in water, so I'm afraid even that can't be a thing.
No, you can see Charizard flying alongside the beam's expansion speed at one point

I hope y'all realize that we only really need any case of a character blitzing another via charging or moving their body in general to scale to their reactions, right.

Back