• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible piercing weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto is rated moon level because of tanking Toneri's moon cutting attack. However, that is definitely inconsistent. I now will provide some proof why Naruto characters and Naruto himself have weakness to piercing/cutting damage.

A sword pierces through Alive Madara: https://ibb.co/9TsKMxZ

A sword pierces through Six Paths Madara: https://youtu.be/YWUnkw0TXXQ?t=336

A sword pierces through Six Paths Naruto: https://ibb.co/jVGNzdT

Some tiny blades pierce through Sasuke: https://ibb.co/qCgB0Zm

Another piercing weapon pierces through Naruto: https://ibb.co/bQj9m4m

Afaik, you are saying this is an oultier due to the fact Naruto and comparable people get cut. Thing is that Toneri's GWR is a huge pillar of chakra not a sharp blade so these scans aren't anti feats for what you are arguing.

Edit: I also dunno about a weakness to piercong as these stuff come from or are used by comparable people.

If we were to revise every verse where a piercing weapon has damaged a character, almost everything here would be 9-C at best. Ignoring that in most cases those "anti-feats" happen when a comparable character stabs them, meaning that the force behind the slash/stab is similar, and weapons are comparable to fictional characters by the rule of cool (but sometimes it's explained with some lore).

These people are physically comparable to Madara aren't they? It makes sense they can hurt one another

If we were to revise every verse where a piercing weapon has damaged a character, almost everything here would be 9-C

If they have a weakness to piercing damage, it should be mentioned. A character maybe weak or resistant to piercing damage, and they could be resistant or weak to other kinds of damage.

Ignoring that in most cases those "anti-feats" happen when a comparable character stabs them, meaning that the force behind the slash/stab is similar

I am no scientist or anything, but if you are resistant to piercing damage, and if someone compareable to you tries to stab you with a blade or something, that blade should break.

Do you have evidence of such weakness existence outsie of random scans where a character getss stabbed by a comparable character?

Authors don't care about what's scientifically accurate. They don't know that if their characters can destroy planets just sneezing they shouldn't get scratched by blades; they also don't care about it. It's not their interest at all.

@The Calaca I mean, it is intentional. If author wanted his characters to be immune to piercing damage, he could have do it.

Authors don't care about what's scientifically accurate. They don't know that if their characters can destroy planets just sneezing they shouldn't get scratched by blades; they also don't care about it. It's not their interest at all.

Like I said, if an author wants the characters he writes to be immune to piercing damage, he could have do it. You are just denying multiple scans here.

Janissary34 said:
Did you not read my post? It's just a weakness to piercing damage.
Piercing damage isn't Durability negation, nor a weakness unless stated otherwise. There's honestly no realistic way a 7-A character can get pierced by a sword or a knive.

As well as there are scenes of Naruto and co getting pierced by what it appears to be regula stuff, there's also instance of Naruto's characters "tanking" piercing stuff; Naruto getting hit by Sasuki-kun's Chidori or the Raikage withstanding Naruto's Rasen Shuriken, should those techniques be downgraded as well?

@Monkey

We are not talking about reality, we are talking about a fictional thing. An author can do whatever they want in the world they write. It doesn't have to make sense.

But the author clearly isn't wanting them to be immune or resistant to piercing. Just because someone can harm another with a knife does not make them weak to piercing attacks. Your scans aren't being ignored, they are being explained to you with the context of the scenes they were taken from.

That isn't eeally how piercing works

I have no stake in Naruto, but it works off of distributing the same amount of force over a much smaller surface area to have a greater amount of force in that area to break through. I may be able to block a punch that's 9-C, but that doesn't mean that 9mm of my skin can tank the same force from a bullet.

If the characters are comparable to one another, they should be able to cut one another just fine. It's ultimately just a way to focus force abd these dudes already can put far more into their attack than normal people could. Like if Naruto can tank say a 50mt pinch that doesn't mean he can tank a spear thrust with 50mt because it's over a much smaller area.

There also isn't really being "immune to piercing". There can be some sort of armored vehicle immune to pistols and shptguns that can still be penetrated with anti material rifles and shit just because it's a lot more force in that small area.

Janissary34 said:
We are not talking about reality, we are talking about a fictional thing. An author can do whatever they want in the world they write. It doesn't have to make sense.
It has to, however, be stated.

You're still ignoring that those scans are not what you think they are.

Heck, in one of them Naruto isn't even stabbed. He stopped the blade before getting touched by it.

I don't know the context of the scene where Sasuke gets stabbed, but he seems to be protecting Sarada, so author's intent might be that instead of just showing some weird weakness to blades.

Madara gets stabbed by Sasuke (I pressume, the video's cuts make it look weird) yet is somehow a weakness despite Sasuke being comparable albeit weaker than Madara, or he simply doesn't care about being harmed if he's that hard kill he was at end of series with the Ten Tails Chakra.

Alive Madara gets stabbed by Alive Hashirama after an intense fight where both were weakened fighting a comparable opponent. Where is the weakness here?

I don't know the context of Naruto getting stabbed with the sword, but I don't think it's a different case at all.

Janissary34 said:
@Monkey
Tom meme
Sorry but I had to. You're saying that it doesn't make sense that they are 5-C yet damaged by swords and kunais while you say that fiction doesn't have to make sense.

@GojiBoy

First, you should prove those swords are not ordinary. I don't think it was ever stated that swords in Naruto can cut moons.

@Anonymous

I mean, if you are capeable of being cut by a knife, then you are weak to it.

@Wokistan

What will you say about Shin managing to hurt Naruto and Sasuke? Are you gonna say he is moon level too? If Shin is moon level, then Sakura is also moon level because she managed to fight Shin.

Fiction in general has a habit of treating cutting and piercing damage as being far more dangerous than it actually is- chalk it up to "The Author doesn't know math". Unless there sufficient reason to, the site will largely view these events as low end outliers and nothing else.

I don't actually know the series, but others said all these dudes who he got hurt by are comparable to him anyways so my comment operates off that assumption. You can cut comparable dudes

@Monkey

Not stated, but it was shown.

@The Calaca

You're still ignoring that those scans are not what you think they are.

I am not ignoring anything. A lot of people responded here. I am not Flash.

Heck, in one of them Naruto isn't even stabbed. He stopped the blade before getting touched by it.

Look at it again. Naruto is pierced by it.

I don't know the context of the scene where Sasuke gets stabbed, but he seems to be protecting Sarada, so author's intent might be that instead of just showing some weird weakness to blades.

Prove it, then.

Madara gets stabbed by Sasuke (I pressume, the video's cuts make it look weird) yet is somehow a weakness despite Sasuke being comparable albeit weaker than Madara, or he simply doesn't care about being harmed if he's that hard kill he was at end of series with the Ten Tails Chakra.

You can clearly see that Madara gets stabbed. Doesn't matter if he doesn't care about being harmed, he still did.

Alive Madara gets stabbed by Alive Hashirama after an intense fight where both were weakened fighting a comparable opponent. Where is the weakness here?

Just tiring out doesn't make you less resistant to piercing damage.

I don't know the context of Naruto getting stabbed with the sword, but I don't think it's a different case at all.

Again, you are denying scans here.

Tom meme
Sorry but I had to. You're saying that it doesn't make sense that they are 5-C yet damaged by swords and kunais while you say that fiction doesn't have to make sense.
I laughed really hard at that for sone reason.

As per the ratings, Sasuke, Madara, and hashirama all seem about the same level, so I don't see what's inconsistent about them stabbing one another.

Wokistan said:
As per the ratings, Sasuke, Madara, and hashirama all seem about the same level, so I don't see what's inconsistent about them stabbing one another.
He thinks that they are weak to blades.

@Anonymous

Then what are you to it, superior?

@Wokistan The problem is, even Sakura is capeable of harming Shin, who is capeable of harming Naruto and Sasuke. It doesn't make any sense for Sakura to be compareable to Naruto.

He didn't seem to dispute my comment on grounds other than that some characters may not be comparable to the dudes getting stabbed (which I wouldn't really know so fair enough), so it'd be kinda odd to consider dudes not apart from one anogher as also low ends while implicitly accepting that line of reasoning.

So then it can be an outlier for Sakura, if she's supposed to be much weaker than these 3.

@Janissary

Where is he pierced? We see the boy attacking, and we can't watch closer until we see that Naruto's grabbing the blade, with no visible injury.

"author intent might be"

I have to prove nothing. Burden of proof is on you who's claiming a piercing weakness for 5-C characters who are usually harmed by people comparable to them.

If he doesn't care about being stabbed then it's no proof that he has a weakness. He might don't give a crap about getting stabbed by Sasuke since that won't kill him. Or it's just that Sasuke is strong enough to stab him in the first place.

Losing energy after a long fight makes you distracted and weaker. It's more plausible than assuming this weakness, honestly.

>I don't think

>Personal opinion based on disbelief from ignorance of context

>I'm denying

No. Bring me the whole context and we'll see if I disagree. Bringing random scans is hardly useful for these cases where you're advocating for such controvertial topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back