• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible piercing weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even know how the opposition is when there's Naruto fans around. Don't even try to pull that card.

Janissary34 said:
Man, I am told that many times. I debated with lots of Naruto fans.
If I actually cared about Naruto then I think I would have at least one thread regarding some of it's characters.

>I am a naruto fan because I disagree

...Truly, as one can see, we are but a Sasuke Cult, hell-bent on hiding our association with upgrading Naruto to 2-A while downgrading Bleach. Why, sir, you have unveiled us so!

• Insert "I'm the law meme"
We mods and admins are the people who revise and evaluate these threads. If you feel like this is somehow unfair towards your point, feel free to contact any green named people as you wish.

Granted, most of them will reject the request since Naruto threads are a mess to deal with, and most if not all of them will disagree with you as well. But don't feel bad, go ahead and do it. You won't know until you try.

To be fair, Naruto does often allow characters to punch above their weight class.

Naruto manages to cut Zabuza with a kunai when his AP in this state at best is only 16 tons in comparison to Zabuza's Kiloton Durability. This doesn't even account for all the random joes that managed to stab him before his end.

Anko who is only 8-B can stab a 7-A Orichmaru.

Sasuke can harm orichimaru.

Kabuto can attempt to harm Tsunade.

Lee can harm Kimimaro.

Random smoes with wind style can harm the Third Raikage.

Not to mention that characters will still use shuriken and kunai's against opponents, who by the logic of the site at least, should be completely untouchable. This same characters will more often then not avoid said attacks as if they could potentially harm them, instead of standing there and tanking them.

I think this is let plot-induced stupidity and more that the world of Naruto doesn't often allow its human characters to have durability comparable to their AP. Durability more often then not comes from defensive techinques or transformations, with Naruto's moon survival existing as the weirdo in the lot.

Part 1 Naruto tanking Gaara's sand shuriken (no brightly colored chakra cloaks).

If you want something that makes sense, just assume the characters are flowing chakra through the weapons to buff them, otherwise they are PIS which Naruto isn't a stranger to.

If you assume Naruto characters weak to piercing weapons without statements, why shouldn't you be for Naruto characters to have two types of durability for each key (one for piercing damage, and one for other types of damage)?

The Zabuza thing was well before the series actually had any AP feats so its not exactly beholden to the scaling it received after the fact.

Same thing as before as god tiers (at the time) had no feats and just scaled above the rest of the jonin tiers. Plus she stabbed an earth one which isn't necessarily as durable as Oro.

Sasuke burnt the skin he was wearing rather than Oro himself.

Anyone can attempt to harm someone else. Kabuto was using chakra scalpels which dura neg.

Lee never harmed Kimimaro, he got blocked which doesn't mean anything as I would swing at a fly if it was coming for my face. Doesn't mean it would harm me.

It was a small army of wind users and Wind Style is by far the best element at piercing/slashing, even more so than lightning, which is why Bee using his lightning to vibrate a simple pencil to pierce better than wind was a feat. Him getting a few scratches is hardly an issue.

People using kunai and shuriken are typically throwing them at comparable people so this doesn't point to a piercing weakness or just lower dura in general.

Still doesn't change that his tier and durability are what they are on our wiki, and that someone with lower ap could damage him at that point.

You're right on that point, I concede.

That doesn't change the fact that Sasuke was able to harm him, while Orichmaru might've molted aftewards he still took damage.

Kabuto went to punch Tsunade, and was in fact, kicking and beating on her before then. He was defintely harming Tsunade.

Lee, in his drunken state, manages to land a punch right on Kimimaro's chest which launches him onto his back. While Kimimaro does get up from it, him choosing to start using his bones in the way that he does indicates that strikes like that are dangerous to him.

And the wind users only put scractches on him, which shouldn't even be possible, (going by own standards) with how large the AP difference is.

I saw a whole lotta discussion but NO source material being used to defend the characters.

1) Sasuke's blade, the kusanagi is specially crafted to have a sharpening effect via lightning:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/471509ea9f36a8152ff910b5aafcff23/tumblr_inline_pk06lnFFH51rebzs3_500.png

Can't be blocked((From as far as Yamato's knowledge goes)), and it leaves a numbing effect.

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnMqlPL3hFM Naruto straight up grabs the blade of a much weaker opponent and crushes it with his hands ((cloaked by kurama but the cloak isn't invincible to being pierced.)) When he has been stabbed, it's by opponents of similar levels ((Sasuke, Orochimaru, Pein)) But for this Shin, that's far below his level clamped it.

3) Naruto litterally pretended to be hurt by a piercing object: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/boruto-naruto-next-generations/en/0/31/page/28

pages 28 to 30

Even if pierced by a sharp object, atleast for Naruto it isn't something of concern in any way.

@Calaca

I am fine with if we close this if you wish.

I'll wait to see what the rest think first. If they are okay with closing this, I'll do so myself. Don't worry and thank you.

@Lucy

Look at the links I provided. Plus, Naruto is not immortal or invincible. If a sword can pierce his vital organs, he will die.

@Antvasima For what reason exactly? If a sword, especially an ordinary one can pierce through Naruto, then it means Naruto has a weakness to piercing damage. As I provided with evidences at the top of this thread, Naruto characters have a weakness to piercing damage.

Naruto survived a fist piercing through his chest and destroying half of his lung, a sword through his organs is not killing him much like when Sasuke's sword stabbed him.

Prove the sword is ordinary when it is consistently harming and clashing with tier 5 characters and has no antifeats of any sort.

No you haven't. You have shown a bunch of comparable characters, Naruto getting harmed by Sasuke's sword and Sasuke getting some scratches because the plot demanded it or else him saving Sarada doesn't involve any risk to himself and would just be a chore.

Probably best just to close this.

Many characters in fiction are harmed a lot easier through piercing weapons than they are from blunt damage or energy blasts or explosions.

Yes, this is textbook definition for headcanon.

>Character does something strong

>Character gets stabbed

>Ignore the possibility of PIS or the stabbing was done by a comparable opponent

"The character is weak to swords."

This isn't how it works. You need to bring stated evidence of it, not just assumptions and several debunked scans to repeat the same arguments.

I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back