• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Polaris (Shin Megami Tensei) downgrade

I just re-checked the scan for the size of Devil Surivivor 2 multiverse and realized that the statement for the multiverse is not "infinite" it's "Countless" which would fall into 2-B rank

Polaris 's current stat is based on the power of Akashic Record, which is the control system that emcompass entire DeSu2 multiverse, but now we know that it's not infinity. I think we should downgrade Polaris to 2-B

what do you guy think ?

EDIT : also, before anyone ask "Will this affect to the tier of DeSu2 cast or not" i'll say : Nah

Because Akashic Record reside in the Akasha Stratum, a higher dimension that percieve the lower worlds as nothing more than "Datas" in Akashic Record. And Providence (the Dimension where Canopus and his Prime Factors reside) exist above the Akasha Stratum so we have 2 degrees of higher dimension (5-D) so yeah, i think we can keep their current stat. Idk, gotta wait for the admin's judgement :3

Wait, doesn't the Akasha stratum perceive the entire 4D universe as just data, which would make it 5D? Or am I misremembering things again?

Come to think about it.

Akashic Stratum does look at lower entire space-time continum 4D universes as nothing more than "datas" that recorded in Akashic Record (Assume it's 4-D since Akashic Record can rewrite the past, future and present of enitre multiverse)

But i dont really know if that make it 5-D or not. I'm not a dimension expert anyway =3=

Well I'm pretty sure if you see something as a 2D object like the contents of a book or data in a computer you're considered a dimension above it, for example the character from the verse Yami to Boushi are ranked where they are for something similar with books

so it says countless eh?

in that case, the multiverse in question must be proven to be infinite in order to be at 2-A

or else "At lest 2-B" is the only other option (at least because, countless may be interpretted as infinity, but since we arent sure, at least 2-B is safer than 2-A)

MagiSinbad said:
Come to think about it.
Akashic Stratum does look at lower entire space-time continum 4D universes as nothing more than "datas" that recorded in Akashic Record (Assume it's 4-D since Akashic Record can rewrite the past, future and present of enitre multiverse)

But i dont really know if that make it 5-D or not. I'm not a dimension expert anyway =3=
so does that mean it is interpretted as being just massively above continnums?

if that is the case, the proof isnt strong enough for an entire dimensional jump

It's high enough above that it's able to see entire space time continuums so as just data, which seems similar to other series where they see space time continuums as books, but we aren't sure if it's the same

Well it's not really just that they can overwrite it, but that they perceive them as nothing more than data, but if that's your view on it, then it's probably right.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
well over-writting continuums is something that a 2-B should be able to do as well
Alright then, "2-B, possibly 2-A" for the "Countless parallel worlds " statement :p

sounds ok to me

but its still safer to consult some other members and see if they agree as well

maybe like donttalk or antvasima or azathoth?

"At least 2-B" seems good for Polaris, and regarding the other topic, being 5-dimensional means a "High 2-A" rating.

Antvasima said:
"At least 2-B" seems good for Polaris, and regarding the other topic, being 5-dimensional means a "High 2-A" rating.
Sorry, I'm still a bit confused here, was what we talked about enough to qualify as a 5-D being? If so that would be a big upgrade for Desu 2

I don't know if what you talked about is necessarily the same as being an entire dimension higher. It likely depends on how it is portrayed in a certain story.

However, characters from other franchises such as Umineko are based on the principle of lower levels of reality just being stories/information to higher beings.

Regardless, certain DeSu2 characters were rated as High 2-A previous to this.

The reason I say this would be a major upgrade is because if the administrator (Polaris) was actually 5-D it would mean Canopus and the main cast were 6D as they are a dimension higher than him,

Well, you would have to ask MagiSinbad. He knows the franchise much better than I do.

I think that the previous values are probably safer to stick to.

Back