• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Second-Stage Revisions + Other Tiering Issues

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Right then...

As a TL;DR from the last thread, while Seismic Toss' animation in games such as Pokemon Colosseum shows the opponent being thrown into outer space and back, nothing close to this level is shown in other mediums such as the anime or manga. This is problematic because the current Sub-Relavistic speed ratings and Low 7-B AP ratings for second stage evolution Pokemon rely on the seismic toss calcs.

There are other feats that could potentially scale to second stage Pokemon, such as Dawn's Piplup's whirlpool feat (For reference, Dawn's Piplup is generally stronger than first stage Pokemon, has more than enough potential to become a Prinplup, and it's shown fighting off Pokemon like Ariados with difficulty).

I also want to talk about Baby Pokemon and lifting strength. For the former, these calcs were made where a Togepi's feats get Building level and Large Building level+ respectively, both of which would upgrade current Baby Pokemon ratings (first Building level feat is slightly higher than the current one).

In terms of lifting strength, I feel like every first stage and above Pokemon should be Class 25 for scaling above Mantyke, a baby Pokemon who doesn't even learn Strength.

Shortened: Current Low 7-B is sketchy, Piplup feat may be usable for them. Babies should be higher into 8-C or High 8-C+. All Pokemon that are > babies should be Class 25.

Dragonair in the anime has a legit cloud-to-ground lightning feat, iirc. There's also gens 3-5's Thunder animation.

If it helps, did you see my comment about May's Squirtle turning rain clouds into snow clouds using Ice Beam? IDK if its worth much but it could be worth something if someone looks into it.

Dawn's Piplup's feat should be easy to scale to second stages. Getting the info on Squirtle's feat and calcing Dragonair's feat helps as well. Also wasn't there already a Dragonair calc from the anime?

I have the episode and clip of Mays Squirtle doing the feat, someone just needs to calc it because im....not exactly useful in that department.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also wasn't there already a Dragonair calc from the anime?
I think it was a storm creation feat pre-CAPE. Trying to find it now

@Kukui I did, yeah, although I'm also clueless as to how it could be calced.

Cal calced in-game Thunder here. Not sure if it was accepted + if it fits our lightning creation standards today, since the results seem to be higher than M3X's standard, but it's there.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Im probably clueless on this, but what reason was it that we aren't using Alakazam's Island feat for anything again?
Storm standards changed, and that storm feat wasn't calced with CAPE which would get much lower results.

I remember Dawn's Piplup fighting against a Prinplup, so the Low 7-B feat could be used to scale to them.

The feat of Dragonair Destroying Vermillion could actually be lower then Low 7-B, since it didn't really destroyed all of the city

bump

@Weekly @Kukui can you send the clips of the feats you mentioned and/or post them on the calculations request thread?

bump

Are there any objections to applying the Low 7-B+ ratings from Piplup's calc?

Should we scale speed to be >> first stage Pokemon/lightning feats?

Wait, I've realised that the whirlpool calc was never properly evaluated. That should probably be sorted out first.

In the meantime, is everyone ok with Class 25 for every non baby/magikarp Pokemon that doesn't already have a higher rating, once the calc is accepted?

Bump

Mantyke calc got accepted, waiting on the Low 7-B calc to be accepted

bump

I recalced Piplup's whirlpool, still Low 7-B but a lower degree of it. Waiting for an evaluation now.

Never mind, it's now been recalced again at lower end High 7-C. If nothing else, it's consistent with Dragonair's feat above.

@Weekly @Kukui can you send the clips of the feats you mentioned and/or post them on the calculations request thread, if you haven't already? For now though, we should probably make all second stage Pokemon High 7-C.

bump

I'm gonna start applying this tomorrow, so if anyone has any issues, raise em now.

We should wait for Sword and Shield to come out, because if the Sysmic Toss animation is the same it might be grounds for keeping the feat as usable

You already know my opinion on that. But I won't be dealing with that dumpster fire anymore.

Didn't Sword and Shield reuse most of its animations from previous 3DS games? Seismic toss would be more usable if seismic toss came close to how it's presented in games in another media.

Even then, it's over two months before they are released, so they shouldn't be used as evidence.

I'll start applying this later. Everyone is being scaled to Large Town level, with the justifications being Piplup's whirlpool and Dragonair's storm.

I have taken the time out to downgrade all Low 7-B Pokemon to High 7-C for you.

I have not taken any other action aside from this. I only decided to do this since it seemed fairly set in stone that this needed to be done.

Alright, well the speed (originally based off of seismic toss) still needs to be downgraded, and all non-baby Pokemon should get class 25 lifting strength (if they don't have higher)

Back