• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Reliability of statements?

Spoilers for Sun and Moon.

Underneath Aether Paradise, you can gain data on the Ultra Beasts. The reason I bring this up is because there is a massive outlier. In Pokemon Moon, and I quote directly:

"UB-02. Code name: "Beauty", properly known as Pheromosa. This UB was sighted for the first time following the incidents at Aether Foundation. This UB can reach speeds exceeding 120 mph in just an instant. This speed is far greater than any other living creature that has been discovered to date..."

Is this statement reliable? As a side note, what's the energy needed for this feat? From the Pokedex entry on Diancie:

"It can instantly create many diamonds by compressing the carbon in the air between its hands"

About Pheromosa, I don't know if that's a valid argument but Ninjask and Deoxys have both higher speed stats (Pheromosa 151, Ninjask 160 and Deoxys Speed Forme 180). Also some pokemon have higher speed feats in their pokedex entry, such as latios : "This Pokémon can fly faster than a jet plane by folding its forelegs to minimize air resistance." (Alpha Sapphire).

Now is just an hypothesis, but if you change the word "speed" by "acceleration", it makes more sense, specialy when you read the previous sentence "This UB can reach speeds exceeding 120 mph in just an instant."

Now about Diancie, I'm not sure about it. It depends on the size of the diamonds. Well, here are the data I've gathered for the calculation :

Synthetic diamond conditions : Pressure 5~6 GPa, Temperature 1,400~1,500┬░C
Diamond density : 3.5~3.53 g/cm3
Diamond heat capacity : 0.5091 j.g-1.K-1
CO2 heat capacity : 0.839 j.g-1.K-1

Not sure about my own calculations, but for 15g of diamond (~ the volume of a standard dice), I found something between 32~45 kJ. Seems a bit low for me, also the conditions above are for creating diamonds from carbons and metals catalyst, not from carbon in the air. So it's probably more than 40 kJ, but I can't affirm an accurate estimation with my knowledges.

@Nakaos We dont accept in-game stats as legit and we dont use them for scaling purposes, otherwise we'd have a good number of pokemon listed as being stronger/faster than Arceus...

Creating diamonds is actually not all that impressive of a feat, heck Cerebella from Skullgirls can create a diamond almost as big as herself with a punch and it only yielded City-Block level results. This blog might be able to help you.

Back