• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ultraman Ace vs Pheromosa

ALTERNATE TITLE: THE FOREIGNER ULTRA-TERRESIAL LIFEFORM ENCOUNTER

Well, looks like i'm going to popularized the Ultra's matches albeit not in large wave as Kamen Riders, but it will sure worth of try lel
Tier 3-A (and High 3-A) is pretty hard to find a MU with, it's either stomp or be stomped, and there's low amount of balanced 3-A/High 3-A chars, but thankfully my skill for the MU wouldn't fail as long as i tried

And yeah, Ultraman vs Pokemon (Ultra Beast at least) is a MU that i found that might have a potential to be good, and yes as you can see, i'll pick the best waifu Pheromosa as in the past i wanted to used her often before the tier 3 upgrade
In other hand, i'll go with Orb as he's my fave and a good pick for, hopefully this battle turned out be good, tho the Ultramans multiplier can be a problem, we'll see

EDIT: Sadly Orb scaling is a bit too much, don't worry however! I still have some alternative here, i'm going to use the Ultra Warriors in the lower scaling
And it's also one of my fave as well, the M78 Swiss Army Knife Warrior that being too bloodthirsty for mutilating any of his poor heartless super-beast hunt
Remind me that i also planning to make plenty of Ace matches if i get some of an MU for him, anyway....
Let's get to the battle!

Summary would be added later

• High 3-A for both and this is Ace at the end of Galaxy Crisis Era Key
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Battle took in: The NASA Base Operation City in the Moon
  • images
  • Starting Distance: 50 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • The Lissome Beauty: 0
  • The Mutilator Prince: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

images

VS
Pheromosa.600.2652994.jpg

Last edited:
I was messaged to come here and uh... what does Pheremosa do here? It doesn't seem to have resistance to any of Ace's techniques and I'm not sure if Pheremosa's mind manipulation will work. Ace has resistance to Spatial, Status Effects and Sound listed, so Pheremosa is just using Martial Arts. Meanwhile I think Ace can just BFR Pheremosa?

I was messaged to come here and uh... what does Pheremosa do here? It doesn't seem to have resistance to any of Ace's techniques and I'm not sure if Pheremosa's mind manipulation will work. Ace has resistance to Spatial, Status Effects and Sound listed, so Pheremosa is just using Martial Arts. Meanwhile I think Ace can just BFR Pheremosa?
I think I went over its in-character behaviour earlier.
Should we do a filtration process going off the advantages and disadvantages listed at this point?
This might be a good idea.

Also, wasn't there something about Telekinesis & LS?

Just that LS may be irrelevant to TK in the context of the verse, given one Ultra who is severely weakened through his specific weakpoint was able to overpower a monster through telekinesis despite being dogged on himself. And in just a recent showing, an Ultra far inferior to what is essentially an endgame boss monster could still overpower its physical strength through telekinesis.

The actual discussions were about, like, a few tens of posts ago. A lot of it was between me & @Mr.Cutlery .

1 of the concerns is why Pheromosa has Unknown LS when it scales to Pokemon with known LS.
The relevance is if Stop Flash involves LS.

I'd guesstimate that Pheromosa is slightly above baseline with its scaling chain.

Its advantages include being a relatively small foe against a huge opponent, & the fact that it's implied to hate touching things:
SunOne of the dangerous Ultra Beasts, it has been spotted running across the land at terrific speeds.
MoonOne of the Ultra Beasts. It refuses to touch anything, perhaps because it senses some uncleanness in this world.

Meaning it has good reason to try & play the range game with Swift, Bug Buzz, & maybe Me First (Cuts ahead to copy a foe's move at 1.5x strength to cut ahead, when moving before the foe.), & Silver Wind.

However, its actual showings say that despite that is touch aversion, it seems to prefer melee. Besides being Bug/Fighting Type, it did pure melee in the anime, & its movepool includes Jump Kick, High Jump Kick, Double Kick, Stomp, Bounce, Feint, Lunge, & Rapid Spin.

So it's ambiguous if it'll lean towards projectile spam or violently smashing its legs against the thing it sees as so "unclean".

Among those notable moves are:

Bounce: 30% chance to inflict Paralysis, which, in most recent gameplay, halves speed & inflicts a 25% chance to not act. However, that's like, 7.5% total. Pheromosa would have to use this a lot for much impact.
Feint: An attack that ignores, negates & removes barriers, preventing the broken barriers blocking further attacks -Such as those a hypothetical teammate of Pheromosa uses- during Feint's effect.
Swift: Homing Danmaku attack. Shoots stars.
Lunge: An attack that lowers the victim's ATK stat upon hitting. (In Pokemon gameplay, ATK is for physical Attacks, unlike Special Attacks.)
Bug Buzz: 20% chance to lower the victim's Sp. Def, which is durability against "Special" Attacks, which aren't physical. (Swift, Silver Wind, Bug Buzz, etc.)
Silver Wind: A breeze of silvery scales. If it hits, it has a 10% chance to raise Pheromosa's ATK, DEF, Sp. Atk & Sp. Def & Speed. In Pokemon gameplay, each such boost is equal to 50% of Pheromosa's base (Which seems close to baseline here by the scaling chain.) when boosted above Stage 0/unboosted. In theory, Silver Wind could be devastating, but it's not very in-character, let alone likely to be spammed, & its effect's chance is too unlikely to decide a typical match
Low Kick: A powerful low kick that makes the target fall over. The heavier the target, the greater the move's power.

Low Kick might be relevant.

Non-Attacking notable moves:
Leer: An intimidating look with sharp eyes to reduce foe's Defense. I'm sure you can guess the inherent limitations. (& supposedly, Ultraman Ace may have trained some Resistance against Statistics Reduction.)
Quiver Dance: "The user lightly performs a beautiful, mystic dance. This boosts the user's Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats."
Boosting above 0 is equal to 50% of base, but in gameplay, such boosts don't go above 6 stages (Meaning 300% added to the baseline's 100%, for 400% total.), but this is very potent.
Pheromosa's supposed dislike of uncleanliness -Implying liking beauty- & hating to touch stuff could very well mean it would want to do a "beautiful" move, as well go faster, so as to spend less time touching the foe. It's also Bug-type, so yeah.
Agility: The user relaxes and lightens its body to move faster. This sharply boosts its Speed stat.
Speed Swap: Pheromosa exchanges its speed stats, ignoring any stat changes.

Speed Swap might happen if Pheromosa observes Ultraman being faster than it, Agility might be plausible -Albeit, less so than Quiver Dance- for similar reasons to Quiver Dance.
However, since Agility boosts Agility by 2 stages to Quiver Dance's 1, unless Pheromosa uses its ranged options, Quiver Dance's Sp. Atk will only help its Special Attacks like Bug Buzz, Silver Wind, & Swift, & maybe stuff copied by Me First.

Pheromosa's weird Unknown LS situation (Despite having scaling to mons with LS.) is kinda relevant because of Ultraman, IIRC, using telekinesis into finishers.

Pheromosa could kinda go either way.

It could notice Ultraman is keeping up with it & want to Agility/Quiver Dance to reduce the chance the "unclean" foreign object touches it.
Or it would play the ranged game, which might not work well unless Me First is copying good stuff.
Or it would try to leverage its natural speed & agility, & go into melee. Its best options are probably Bounce (Paralysis for Speed reduction & inaction.), Feint to get past barriers (But supposedly Ace can & does throw away barriers regularly.), or Lunge to reduce Ace's physical ATK/AP.
In gameplay, Stomp can also flnch foes if the user is faster.

It may be worth asking: Would Ace Resist Pheromosa's Pheromones?
  • Pheromones: Pheromosa releases pheromones that remove hostile intentions from its opponents.

For Pheromosa to be at its best, it needs to call on its vanity, especially about looking beautiful & about its Speed, & Agility/Quiver Dance, early on; Me First requires being faster, or at least equal, but the payoff is huge.
& it may need to do this multiple times.

The problem is while Quiver Dance's offensive boosts are nice, its options to capitalize on those boosts are lousy (Hah. Pun.), & Swift, Bug Buzz, Silver Wind & Me First will be strong, if basic attacks. (Plus, Ace may have a Sound Resistance.)
It would just be bruising (With boosts.) at Range unless it can fire off enough of those attacks to get lucky. (Silver Wind's effect is easily a huge game changer, but it only happens rarely.)

& in melee, Agility's DEF drop is nice, & Lunge's dropping Ace's ATK is good, & a 30% chance to Paralyze with Bounce is nice.... But if Ace reduces statistics reductions, most of Pheromosa's attacks are just kicking hard or multiple times, with little effect beyond that.

It would need to win on pure speed advantage, & it not liking contact with the "unclean" might make it predictable, even if small size & hit & run could mitigate that.

So I'll wait for what Ultraman supporters say.
What's a problem for Ace here?
What's his advantage?
Does Stop Flash or his TK involve LS?

Last edited:
Just that LS may be irrelevant to TK in the context of the verse, given one Ultra who is severely weakened through his specific weakpoint was able to overpower a monster through telekinesis despite being dogged on himself. And in just a recent showing, an Ultra far inferior to what is essentially an endgame boss monster could still overpower its physical strength through telekinesis.
Pardon the quote, just to alert you.

Would you be willing to go over my previous post?

Back