• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pheromosa Clean-Up

I decided to take a look at Pheromosa's profile... Wow, it's not in very good condition. A few things seem wrong, and most things lack justifications. Since I'm here, I'll see about fixing a few of the abilities and adding what's needed. Note that I don't really watch the anime, so I won't know about anything from there. I also have not played Ultra Sun/Moon (well, I probably played the first 5% of the story). Everything here is based off the game data from Bulbapedia.

"Attraction: Any beings who takes a glance at Beauty will become infatuated with it, refusing to battle any longer, regardless of gender." This isn't exactly the truth. According to the Aether Foundation, Pheromosa releases pheromones that removes hostile intentions (hence its name). I remember there being something along the lines of Scent Manipulation, but I couldn't find it. This can probably be used as a justification for Mind Manipulation, though.

Flight: I was not aware Pheromosa could fly. What's the justification for this? The closest I'm aware of is the move Bounce, but that's just the user jumping very high. Speaking of Bounce, though...

Status Effects: Bounce has a chance of paralyzing the opponent, and various other attacks can lower stats. Notably Lunge, which is a good attack that always lowers the Attack of the opponent. Leer can lower Defense. Surprised this isn't mentioned in Powers & Abilities.

Forcefield Creation: That might be referring to Quick Guard, which protects the user from priority moves.

Precognition, Spatial Manipulation: What's the justification for those?

Power Mimicry: This must refer to Me First, which lets the user use the opponent's attack before they get the chance to use it.

Planetary Range: Where?

High Jump Kick: This should also be added to the Notable Attacks section. Powerful attack, but deals massive crash damage if it misses.

Probably one minor thing, unsure if it qualifies for anything though. Pheromosa senses uncleanness in the world, so it won't touch anything.

I may also look at other profiles and see about making separate threads for each of them if I don't like their current states. It's a little late right now, so here's Pheromosa's moveset for you to look over. I'll directly link the relevant attacks probably tomorrow.

I’m fine with most of these changes. But the spatial manipulation is an innate ultra beast thing. Ultra wormholes and the like (tho Kartana is the best non boxart at this)

Alright. Should I go ahead and make the changes, or does anyone else want to review this? I'd delete flight, and maybe change her range if no one has justification for Planetary. Now that I think about it, I guess Me First has some precognition to it since it uses the opponent's move before they get the chance to.

Flight should stay. That most likely comes from the fact that Phermosa flew through Ultra Space to reach Alola (at least when Dusk/Dawn Necrozma opened portals to its universe).

I don't remember Pheromosa flying anywhere, at the very least that should be justified better if it's to be kept. Both status effect inducement and stats reduction sounds fine for paralysis + lowering stats. Everything else that has been accepted I'm fine with.

Thank you for the evaluation.

What do you think Starter_Pack?

I don't remember Pheromosa flying anywhere, at the very least that should be justified better if it's to be kept. Both status effect inducement and stats reduction sounds fine for paralysis + lowering stats. Everything else that has been accepted I'm fine with.
Flight should stay. That most likely comes from the fact that Phermosa flew through Ultra Space to reach Alola (at least when Dusk/Dawn Necrozma opened portals to its universe).
This most likely^

Not exactly just dimensional travel, because in this case, Phermosa isn’t traveling from its universe directly to alola. It’s going from its universe into Ultra Space and flying to the ultra wormhole that connects to Alola. Ultra Space travel is measured by physical distance inside of it (and it’s not like Phermosa could walk in Ultra Space).

Plus to get to Alola, ultra beasts would have to do something very similar to Solgaleo/Lunala’s Ultra Warp Ride, which outright shows Solgaleo and Lunala flying around in Ultra Space.

I mean, I suppose that's a reasonable assumption, but it hasn't shown Flight outright so that'd need to be justified better on the profile.

Solgaleo isn't exactly flying through Ultra Space, though, either. He's more, like, running through it.

So have you reached any conclusions here?

Add Status Infliction through Bounce, Stat Reduction, some notable moves, fix the "Attraction" thing... And change range to something like "Standard Melee physically to some meters with special moves"? Or was there a good reason for Planetary somewhere?

Last edited:
Okay. What has been accepted by our staff can probably be applied.

I've checked numerous profiles and can't find a good justification for Planetary range, for the Ultra Beasts nor the Tapus. If there isn't one we'll have to scale their range to fully evolved Pokemon.

Let's see...

Remove "Attraction", and replace that with "Pheromones". Add Pheromones as justification for Mind Manipulation ("Pheromosa releases pheromones that remove hostile intentions from its opponents" should work), and with an applicable power that pheromones would fit under.

Add Status Infliction (Paralysis through Bounce) and Stat Reduction. Stat Reduction will probably be justified by their respective moves under Notable Attacks.

Precognition and Power Mimicry justified through Me First. Forcefield Creation justified through Quick Guard. Probably justify Flight as well, which Pheromosa doesn't explicitly do.

Add High Jump Kick (powerful but risky move), Lunge (100% chance of lowering enemy attack), and the other moves mentioned here under Notable Attacks.

Change Planetary range to "Standard Melee Range physically, [scaled to similar projectiles] through special moves".

Also, I'd like to bring back "Pheromosa refuses to touch anything because it perhaps senses uncleanness". Does that imply any other power in particular, or is it nothing?

Apologies for a bit of a lengthy wait, but I have applied all of the changes requested here.

Thank you and no problem.

Can I close this thread then?

My question was never answered. Does Pheromosa have some ability regarding sensing uncleanness? Maybe that could be some kind of hidden sense, though I'd really like input.

Back