• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Nearly Everything is Canon

fSymsOGXO7m1ejlnUTVRWsmL_500.gif

I am honestly not sure how to throughly tackle this issue, as I fear our Pokemon pages will once again turn into a chaotic and messy cluster of sparse information wildly taken from every source possible, instead of trying to keep a linear coherence.
While a little arbitrary, I might see as reasonable to treat everything unrelated to mainline games as support as long as they don't meet major contradiciton, but while also staying quite careful to not restore the former composites.

I am honestly not sure how to throughly tackle this issue, as I fear our Pokemon pages will once again turn into a chaotic and messy cluster of sparse information wildly taken from every source possible, instead of trying to keep a linear coherence.
While a little arbitrary, I might see as reasonable to treat everything unrelated to mainline games as support as long as they don't meet major contradiciton, but while also staying quite careful to not restore the former composites.
We can use as many agreements as we can get, tbh

That'd be good. Thing is mate, the profiles aren't as chaotic as they seem. Clear up the pmd stuff and most powers will stay consistent throughout the series with at most minor additions from the anime.

I mean, profiles used to have (and some still have) material from literally everything, including Ranger, Pokepark, Conquest, even the damn cards, and all of these have their respective mechanics, items etc... which stray away from the norm.
Of course they would be fine to include for profiles specific for those games or media, but it becomes a mess when you open the gates to everything.

I'm especially wary of legendary scaling, I know you've talked about it for like 4 pages, but my two cents is about stuff like Zygarde squaring off with Necrozma, which is a manga exclusive, or the various Darkrais, which are totally fine for me to consider separate entities but it becomes strange to cram them all in one, if we do it. Same is for Mewtwo and other legendaries, even if they are supposed to be single entities in each universe/continuity, I'd prefer to not assume they all share the same abilities even if some are exclusive to one piece of media.

Back