• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Nearly Everything is Canon

and yet it says the complete opposite of what you're suggesting.
Mewtwo's Pokedex entries say again and again how Humans created it using mew's DNA as a basis, Human made it, not Mew

in fact, the Scan from origins also comfirms this, as the scientists didn't even had Mew in anyway when creating Mewtwo

same for the Mainline Anime and pretty much any and all depictions of Mewtwo being created

Add that up with the faraway island blue mew and you've got yourself the picture of a mew species.
i agree with the end conclusion, just not with a step you used to get there

Mewtwo's Pokedex entries say again and again how Humans created it using mew's DNA as a basis, Human made it, not Mew

in fact, the Scan from origins also comfirms this, as the scientists didn't even had Mew in anyway when creating Mewtwo

same for the Mainline Anime and pretty much any and all depictions of Mewtwo being created
look man idk but the lore contradicts itself then. It is said Mew gave birth, that's what we know.
Additionally, what stops them from manipulating the genes inside Mew and then making it birth it?

Either way this is confusing and should be left for a thread we make after the canon unsplit is accepted.

Their similarities are being flying Pokemon that have lived at towers.
One is aquatic, the other travels a lot.
I think they parallel each other in themes, but not much else.
Plus, Lugia was designed primarily for a movie, no?
idk about Lugia being designed for what but here's the deal.
Both fly, both travel, just one does it along the sea and one in the sky. Both have towers and both require an item and a ritual to summon in their personal area. Both have a trio of legendaries they created that are under their influence. So overall the themes are similar.
But with the phoenxi stuff, Pokemon like Ho-Oh being identifiable as "Gender Unknown", yet known for decades, if not centuries suggests it may just live a really long time rather than reproduce.
maybe, or maybe it just does it well. Additionally nobody has caught ho-oh outside of the MC of the game, meaning that it just isn't researched enough.
We haven't seen much evidence it can, other than Lugia having babies only in the anime, as opposed to the games, where both have no signs they can reproduce in addition to game mechanics preventing them doing so.
That's why I am using other series to argue for it since games often do not show enough about a species and only show us superficial stuff.
This is an additional argument for the canon to be fused again since anime and manga always fill the blanks that the games draw.
As you said "otherwise we'd have skies full of lugias" (Which should be "seas full of Lugia".), we haven't seen skies full of multiple Ho-Oh, despite it being known to fly around the world. If it did reproduce, where are the others.
I'd say that in fiction, just because it's organic doesn't mean it reproduces.
That's my argument though, we don't see many because it reproduces rarely. The same goes for Ho-oh. We do see ho-oh on many occasions but can we say it was the same ho-oh? Not really. Additionally while I do get your point about fiction, we just have no real reason to assume it isn't a species.
Verifiable & fair. (But I still attest that Lana is an unreliable, frequent liar on other occasions. Ex: The many times she claimed ripples in water were hunky swimmers, or that the rain in a route in the games was from a Kyogre.)

It's also curious because Lana has lied about finding Kyogre a few times, IIRC, especially in the anime; That anime could be meant as a "payoff" on her running gag of fishing catches by being made so that she actually did "catch" a Kyogre then release it, as fish do.

As is, multiple Kyogre existing is strange for the mythology. Ex:
SapphireKyogre is named in mythology as the Pokémon that expanded the sea by covering the land with torrential rains and towering tidal waves. It took to sleep after a cataclysmic battle with Groudon.

Not to mention the orb specifically for it.
Where are the other Groudon, too?

I won't deny Lana did indeed meet a Kyogre, even if an episode featuring a Kyogre being made for the anime (Which many often find questionable with stuff like Thunder Armor & whatnot.) for a character who repeatedly lied about fishing up a Kyogre is suspicious from an out-of-universe standpoint, & concerning from an in-universe standpoint.
Lana's incredulity doesn't factor in here because Ash was with her at that time. There's a point made above about the orbs so I won't bother with it. Where are the groudons? It's in the name - in the ground.
There are repeated statements on Pokemon being gender unknown, so I wouldn't call it game mechanics.
Fair nuff
Regarding the topic you & @omegabronic have been participating in the 2 most recent posts, I would prefer to leave you two to handle that yourselves. Sorry. No offense meant.
k

look man idk but the lore contradicts itself then. It is said Mew gave birth, that's what we know.
"giving birth" can easily be in a metaphorical sense, as they did used his genetic material

Additionally, what stops them from manipulating the genes inside Mew and then making it birth it?
again, they don't have any way to do that as they didn't had mew from all we can gatter from any depiction ever for Mewtwo's creation

Either way this is confusing and should be left for a thread we make after the canon unsplit is accepted.
the canon is not split in any way, they are still in the same canon as in a multiverse, just not cross scaling from their alternate reality versions as one needs reasoning to do that

the canon is not split in any way, they are still in the same canon as in a multiverse, just not cross scaling from their alternate reality versions as one needs reasoning to do that
buddy this entire thread is dedicated to eliminate that system what are you on about?

Either way we need more staff votes here.
So far afaik
Saman doesn't agree (or hardly disagrees? I really don't understand his wording here, was it a mistake or does he literally hardly disagree)
DDM and Planck agree
Psychomaster and Clover agree

That's 2 admin agreements, 2 calc member agreements, 1 admin disagreement (?)
We defo need more input.

I guess the arguments here are fine, even though I'm not really that knowledgeable in how the Pokemon lore really goes

Back