• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Nearly Everything is Canon

Man I said this before 🗿

Pokemon profiles are proposed to be treated as species profiles. Under such a case, they'd naturally have Varies ratings since not every member of a species is gonna be the exact same. That's the reasoning

Man I said this before 🗿

Pokemon profiles are proposed to be treated as species profiles. Under such a case, they'd naturally have Varies ratings since not every member of a species is gonna be the exact same. That's the reasoning
but isn't the argument that Legendaries are not species?

as you can see above we already discussing it. We could likely apply a varies tier based on some consistent showings of level and power variation, or just use the most consistent showings for them across the media.

This. Which is why I proposed this for legendaries

So to give my opinion on the legendary scaling aspect of this, I believe it would be a more effective approach to treat them on a case by case basis, since not even all legendaries have the same power scaling confusions as others.

Back before splitting the canons was done, to my memory, we tiered legendaries according to the general depiction of them across all medias and took the most consistent depiction of them out of said medias, to determine if them being X tier for Y reasons was solid, or if it was inconsistent, and why for either/or. That kind of approach could be done for each legendary and they can be tiered a certain way depending on their particular case.

Levels and overall power variation throughout the series?
Btw this is not a reason. You need something stated in-universe. "Power variation" can just be another term for "inconsistency" (which we know the anime alone has loads of), and "levels" seem to more so indicate that multiples of some species exist

Back before splitting the canons was done, to my memory, we tiered legendaries according to the general depiction of them across all medias and took the most consistent depiction of them out of said medias, to determine if them being X tier for Y reasons was solid, or if it was inconsistent, and why for either/or. That kind of approach could be done for each legendary and they can be tiered a certain way depending on their particular case.
If they are inconsistent regarding power then why would we not just index different versions separately especially if they are different in other ways

if you guys accept "species" of legendaries, we can do what Digimon does for the species that show greater scalling, example here

i think a "X rating, up to Y rating for stronger members of the species" could work, of course, only if Legendaries are considered species

if you guys accept "species" of legendaries, we can do what Digimon does for the species that show greater scalling, example here

i think a "X rating, up to Y rating for stronger members of the species" could work, of course, only if Legendaries are considered species
I think this might be the best approach for legendaries who aren’t like the creation trio, light trio, etc etc

Back