• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VI: The Best of them all

Firstly don't talk sh*t about Kangaskhan ovo. Secondly, you're probably gonna name things like the Royal Knights or the Demon Lords.

I mean, given how much digimons there are now, i bet that he could name at least 1000 of them, since even a color swap is, apparently, a totally new Digimon

Drite77 said:
I mean, given how much digimons there are now, i bet that he could name at least 1000 of them, since even a color swap is, apparently, a totally new Digimo
OKAY THAT DOES IT! YOU! **** OFF!

HenryWong122 said:
The real cal howard said:
Firstly don't talk sh*t about Kangaskhan ovo. Secondly, you're probably gonna name things like the Royal Knights or the Demon Lords.
Just say Kangaskhan.
Trubbish, name one better than this guy

HenryWong122 said:
Drite77 said:
I mean, given how much digimons there are now, i bet that he could name at least 1000 of them, since even a color swap is, apparently, a totally new Digimo
This is my thread boi

Okay, this type of toxicity we should really try to avoid, especially with the known rivalry between Pokemon and Digimon.

Henry, I know there's a Digimon discussion thread as well. If you can't play nicely with all of the Pokemon fans, then I suggest you take this behavior elsewhere. Otherwise, calm down, and respect everyone here and tolerate the fact that they may have different opinions from you.

You don't win arguments by swearing at the top of your lungs.

I don't mind, i guess that i was also to blame here since i kinda that "insulted" Digimon for their desing choices. If Henry truly is upset about my comment, than i am sorry that you get upset, it was not my intension and i promise that i won't go that far when i make jokes about the things you like Henry

Just say Kangaskhan.Trubbish, name one better than this guy
Drite77 said:
HenryWong122 said:
Drite77 said:
This is my thread boi
TAKE YOUR COLOR/PALLET SWAP BULLSHIT AND **** OFF!!! Also,EVERYONE!

Starter Pack said:
Starter Pack said:
You don't win arguments by swearing at the top of your lungs.
It's like you didn't even listen to me.
It's like you may have forgot that sometimes when someone starts typing a comment, that your comment may or may not have popped up yet.

The real cal howard said:
We're digressing from the real point do this discussion. Pokemon VS Digimon in a way that's not one-sided to the latter. And that thing is quality...of the games and creatures. Because their anime blows ours out of the water as well.

...why do I like Pokémon better again?

Right the creatures and gameplay.
Sword and Shield be like "what creatures and gameplay"?

Pokemon is straight up copying Digimon now. First Digimon had Digimon World Dawn & Dusk/Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight, now Pokemon has Sun and Moon. First, Digimon had a stage called Mega, now Pokemon has a stage called Mega. First, Digimon had Durandamon (Sword) and Bryweludramon (Shield) and now Pokemon has Sword & Sheild! Pokemon is straight up copying Digimon now!

Earlier I said that the Generation 2 Pokemon aka the Pokemon introduced in Pokemon Gold, Silver & Crystal were safe from not being included in Gen 8. This is because one, alot of gen 2 Pokemon evolve either from or to Pokemon from gen 1 (even more so then any other gen) and two, because Gold & Silver were intended to be the last installments in the series, as the developers felt that they were too much of a tough act to follow, but of course the games were so popular they decided to make another set of games.

Wow, the discussion I read from both sides really pisses me off. I'm sorry if you can't stand Digimon, but to assume most are "animals with armor added to them" is false where there are plenty of armorless Digimon SaberLeomon, BanchoLeomon, Plesiomon, Rosemon, GranKuwagamon, Zhuqiaomon, Valdurmon, etc. Not to mention that just because they have armor means nothing. If they look nice then that's all that matters. I much better prefer Digimon to Pokemon designs. I much prefer many things Digimon has over Pokemon I enjoyed CS far more than I have ever enjoyed a Pokemon. I love how this thread is discussing quality and immediately puts Pokemon as being the one of higher quaiity which is subjective mind you.

Also, I love how people assume that the Royal Knights and SGDL are like the only Digimon people really like when I can list countless Digimon I like that are not from those groups. Digimon has more than just powerhouses. I could careless if you dislike Digimon, but to basically make this thread anti-Digimon for no ******* reason and to go on like Pokemon is objectively better than Digimon design wise is ******* ridiculous. If it's not apparent, yes I am pissed off reading this.

Also, Henry, you have no right to argue against color swaps when Digimon has more echoes than ******* Smash Bros. If you are gonna argue it, don't throw a tantrum and post a damn argument. Let's talk about these color swaps shall we? These color swaps are more than just something like Shiny Pokemon. These color swaps are usually equipped with new lore and a reason for their color change. Some even having new evolution lines. So don't act like these are simple color swaps when there is far more to it than "This Gallantmon is purple hurrdurr".

You people seem to act as if armored equal bad or uncreative when that is farther from the truth. Digimon is anything but uncreative that much I can assure you. However, Digimon has way more variety than you all assume it does. Beast Digimon, Cyborgs, Dragons, Demons, Fallen Angels, Angels, Gods, Birds, Insects, Plants, Fairies, Warriors/Knights, Puppets, Vampires, Demonic Beasts, etc. Are they over the top? Yes, guess what, I personally prefer this. Also the nature of Digimon designs do not fit Pokemon? Aside from legendaries, most Pokemon are designed to simply be wild animals. Digimon are not like that, they are literally living entities and Gods from another world. So of course Digimon are going to get very outthere in design. That's what makes Digimon, Digimon.

Instead of having a ******* hate fest and acting so damn high and mighty because "muhPokemonismorepopular" or "muhPokemonisbetter" how about you all have a simple discussion because, just as you dislike Digimon designs, people can just as well dislike Pokemon designs.

HenryWong122 said:
Pokemon is straight up copying Digimon now. First Digimon had Digimon World Dawn & Dusk/Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight, now Pokemon has Sun and Moon. First, Digimon had a stage called Mega, now Pokemon has a stage called Mega. First, Digimon had Durandamon (Sword) and Bryweludramon (Shield) and now Pokemon has Sword & Sheild! Pokemon is straight up copying Digimon now!
Because similar ideas cannot exist right? I hate this mindset. Everything Pokemon and Digimon do is apparently mimicry. It's a dumb mindset to follow. They aren't even copying, just coming up with similar concepts. Pokemon is totally copying Digimon with SwSh because Digimon made two Digimon who transform into a Sword and Shield respectively. Is Pokemon copying Digimon because the legends are wolves now? Because, Digimon totally created the concepts of wolves, the sun, the moon, evolution, the word "mega" (called "Ultimate" in Japan btw. Mega isn't even used in Japanese Digimon stages), shields and swords.

@Dragonmaster I was mostly memeing and joking since both franchises have their own strong and low points in the designs. If you want, i guess that we can try to ban the Digimon talk in this type of threads

It goes beyond memeing and joking when we get declarative statements like "to be blunt Digimon designs are pretty bad aside from a few" like this is a ******* fact. I don't care for jabs and shit, but once declarative statements with no hint of it being a joke, then we have a issue..like Henry's initial comment with is an issue in itself as it sells an opinion as fact as well.

I mean, i disagree with that, i had my Digimon fan days while reading the wiki, then stopping due to sheer complexity of the evolution lines. And about that, this is why i am proposing that we don't bring franchises that are known to be "rivals" in this type of threads to not happen this type of things.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also, Henry, you have no right to argue against color swaps when Digimon has more echoes than ******* Smash Bros. If you are gonna argue it, don't throw a tantrum and post a damn argument. Let's talk about these color swaps shall we? These color swaps are more than just something like Shiny Pokemon. These color swaps are usually equipped with new lore and a reason for their color change. Some even having new evolution lines. So don't act like these are simple color swaps when there is far more to it than "This Gallantmon is purple hurrdurr".
That's my point! BUT and this is a big but they aren't Color/Pallet Swaps (it's the same damn thing), NEVER ONCE, have they ever been called Color/Pallet Swaps by any official source, maybe some unofficial ones but never anything official. Also it's like saying an Arctic Fox is a color/pallet swap of a Red Fox.

Side Note: ChaosGallantmon/ChaosDukemon isn't Purple, it's Black with Purple Accents which is not the same thing.

You can't really censor discussion like that...

If people want to compare the quality Pokémon and Digimon then let them. It can't be worse than when another franchise rivalry called the other side incels for liking it.

I mean, this is a pokémon thread, but i don't mind if we brought up other series just to have a safe conversation, but Digimon in especific leads to alot of hating

"Yeah. Digimon's monster design is, to put it bluntly, pretty bad imo, except for a few expections."

"pretty bad, imo"

imo

@Cal Eh, worth a try i guess, anyway, i would like to keeping discussing about Digimon, but i think that this wouldn't bring pleasant surprises, have fun, i guess

If Mario/Sonic are allowed to be discussed on the same thread as well as Naruto/Bleach, Pokemon/Digimon should be no difference. And the former two get faaar more toxic.

@Henry doesn't change the fact that they are the same body but with a different color ovo

I don't mind discussing, but the discussion above basically seemed more like ******** on the verse more than anything.

The only reason I even started talking against the verse is due to Henry coming along shoving Digimon's supposed superiority down everyone's throat.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I don't mind discussing, but the discussion above basically seemed more like ******** on the verse more than anything.
Can one who plays and like both series really shit on either? I really do like both Digimon and Pokemon, it's just I like Digimon slightly more. Also, do you know what really grinds my gears?

But you also proceeded to say that the Digimon games are 100x better and that Pokemon was copying Digimon as if they were fact. But go on.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I expect this from an HST and DB thread, but never have I seen this much toxicity from a Pokémon thread, holy shit man.
Dude, a Pokémon fan on reddit replaced the words of a Holocaust poem to fit that of Game Freak's removal of stuff in SwSh. We ******* suck.

"I like Digimon slightly more"

"Go play Digimon, because Digimon doesn't have this problem and is 100x better then Pokemon! And this is coming from someone who likes Pokemon!"

HenryWong122 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Can one who plays and like both series really shit on either? I really do like both Digimon and Pokemon, it's just I like Digimon slightly more. Also, do you know what really grinds my gears?
Lol gtfo and **** off you bipolar shit

Saikou The Lewd King said:
"I like Digimon slightly more"
"Go play Digimon, because Digimon doesn't have this problem and is 100x better then Pokemon! And this is coming from someone who likes Pokemon!"
Or go play a game from the Metroid or Castlevania series, those have never hitted a low point, i guarantee

Back