• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VI: The Best of them all

Dude, a Pokémon fan on reddit replaced the words of a Holocaust poem to fit that of Game Freak's removal of stuff in SwSh. We ******* suck.

WTF in caps

You know, at the end of the day, i just wished that people could put those differences aside and be friends

Or go play a game from the Metroid or Castlevania series, those have never hitted a low point, i guarantee

Zelda's even better, trust me ovo

Dragonmasterxyz said:
But you also proceeded to say that the Digimon games are 100% better and that Pokemon was copying Digimon as if they were fact. But go on.
No, what I said is that Digimon has never made a game with 151 Creatures, one with 100 more, one with an additional 135, One with 107 more, one with 156 more, one with 72 more and one with 88 more on top of that and then tell you about 40-50% of them aren't going to be in the next game which makes them 100x better.

Also, that was a joke about how people used to say that Digimon was copying Pokemon.

So, do you know what really GRINDs my GEARs?

I'll take any responsibility for any apparent toxicity I may have shown, or favoritism that happened. But, I have done my best to try to remain neutral here. To be honest, I really do like Digimon. I rarely ever complete games, but when I played Digimon World DS, it kept my attention and allowed me to actually finish it, something that not a lot of other games I liked managed to do.

I suppose I got set off by Henry making absolute statements about Digimon being superior to Pokemon, and as a fan of the franchise for a long time, I felt offended by his words. I failed at being impartial, and I feel terrible for it.

Let's just go back to talking about equally toxic, but not as bipartisan issues. The statistics of Pokémon and why they're wrong.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This SwSh controversy has gotten out of hand.
Idk, there are definitely a few ways people have gone overboard. It would just be easier to just boycott Pokémon stuff instead of badmouthing Game Freak kek?

No, I support criticizing the decision, I dislike it and truly feel that there is no excuse for why they cannot simply add all the Pokemon at a later date with a patch. If they simply do that, I am sure no one would care as much. But I hate how these guys go about getting their complaints out there. Let's continue to insult and go on tyraid after tyraid about this, even on a tweet where Masuda is literally congratulating a marriage..., Not to mention, people seem to confuse complaining and constructive criticism with being a mindless child throwing a tantrum. Overall, it's dumb. Let's not forget they like to say that anyone who likes the game is a shill, despite half of them not knowing what a shill is.

People say they will boycott, but I can assure you that many people saying they are "outraged" or "not buying the game" are not going to boycott. And I personally don't care enough to not play the SwSh regardless.

Alright guys let's just chill. Oh and here's this months PokeSpe Chapter btw.

https://********.org/chapter/644388 B2W2 Chapter 544 Part 2

https://********.org/chapter/655218 SMUSUM Chapter 32

Dragonmasterxyz said:
People say they will boycott, but I can sure you that many people saying they are "outraged" or "not buying the game" are not going to boycott.
That's what I'm afraid of.

For me personally, I don't care that they aren't including all the Pokemon, because I'm never buying the game, I can't afford it or the Switch and the last game I played was Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 which I emulated. But, I am upset about it, because I know how important it is to a lot of people.

Can we honestly just drop the whole SwSh controversay all together and talk about other topics? No offense, but these past few discussion threads have been shoving this ridiculous out of hand "issue" down everyones throats and its caused nothing but heated discussions about it.

Not to mention its getting old very quickly. If you dont like the decision, just dont buy the game. Simple as that. Complaining about it 24/7 isnt going to change anything and do nothing but annoy everyone.

We've said this before, but we aren't banning any topics from this Thread just because a few people don't want to here them. This thread is for discussion of anything'' related to the series.

You and I both know that isnt the same thing Yobo.

"Not paying attention to it" is kind of hard to do when literally all of the recent threads have been about nothing but this 1 topic, which as Dragon said above, is getting very out of hand. And no one should have to unsubscribe from a discussion due to people acitng like record players and repeating the same topic over, and over, and over, and over again. And for what? To throw the same complaints you threw out earlier because you aren't getting your way and are throwing tantrums about it. And its done nothing but bad by causing heated outbursts over the topic.

This "not wanting to hear them" is because we've heard enough about it. At the end of the day, we get where your stance is. You dislike what GameFreak did for Sword and Shield, so again, if you dislike their decision on these current games, just dont buy them and be on your merry way. And if you really need to make a dragged out discussion with complaints about it, message walls are a thing too. We shouldnt be clogging up these discussion threads about pointless discussed-to-death topics when we have many other things that can be talked about. Some stuff that should have priority. Im not saying you cant complain about x, but I am saying is that we need a break from it so other stuff can be discussed.

Look man, I'd be happy to debate whatever your issue is, but right now I'm a bit busy, so I'll probably have to stop on this thread anyway.

Take that as you will.

Also, I dislike the insinuation of throwing a tantrum when the most that's happened here was a few jokes and video links. And they definitely aren't the same complaints.

And how about... i am sorry, but there is not alot to talk about when you disregard the S&S fiasco :/ , we could compliment the designs of mons, but one thing lead to another and yeah, that subject won't be forgotten anytime soon

My only complaint about the whole SwSH BS is that if you want to complain about it (which is still of course within your rights to), take it somewhere else. Like to your message walls, and leave the general discussion threads be to talk other pokemon related business. After all, this is a general discussion thread, not a SwSH controversary thread.

And while this is a recent popular issue, we've all had pokemon related stuff to discuss in these threads before it arrised. So this being a recent topic isnt an excuse.

Back