• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

We do need a new gimmick. Gen 2 had the Special split, Gen 3 had abilities, Gen 4 had the Physical/Special split, Gen 5 had...nothing meta-worthy, really, Gen 6 had Mega Evolutions, and Gen 7 had Z-Moves (and if you wanna count it, Alolan forms).

Am I the only one waiting for a main series game to have Pokken´s graphics?

The most obtained so far is basically Gen 6 but with higher resoluted textures and smoothed polygons.

If that means we can finally use that Mewtwo armor from the movie, then I'd be all up for that. </div>

The real cal howard said:
Gen 5 had...nothing meta-worthy
Weather warring, Dragon Tail Hazards and extreme stall were all pretty big.

Gen V Meta was so by the books that the biggest dramas that rocked the fandom were when people used moves on Pokemon that weren't usually used on them. Where you around when the BS Somalia drama happened? A top level player quit the game and had a hissy fit because someone used a move on Jellicent that wasn't considered the typical.

Of course, the meta being like this meant it was so much fun to mess with the norms and create some truly interesting teams and workarounds. I found the perfect counter to any weather warring strategy (Murkrow of all things) and managed to make a seriously effective bug-mono team.

I even made Pelipper godly, back when it was considered to be one of the worst Pokemon ever.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Type Predictions
Grass/Rock

Fire/Fairy

Water//Ghost

Watch me be completely off by a mile.
Nah we did starters based on Types final evo.

Scorbunny Fire/Electric or horrible Fire/fighting

Sobble Water/Ghost or really Water/poison

Grookey Grass/Ground or Steel?,Rock?

Yes that checked website.

Dust Collector said:
Oh yeah there was defiently a Uffington White Horse (Or maybe Cerne Abbas Giant) reference.
Screenshot 20190227-210746 YouTube
Did no idea that wonder new legendary is massive giant pokemon.

there two legendary wolf based on Sword and Shield in Logo.

I just now realized how dumb the logo for Sword looks. Looks less like a sword and a weirdly anthropomorphic wolf without legs.

Darkanine said:
I just now realized how dumb the logo for Sword looks. Looks less like a sword and a weirdly anthropomorphic wolf without legs.
Nah imagines Legendary sword our blade sword it's arm on attached and sharp claws.

Legendary Shield actually Shield fit into Chest and Shield both arms with attached.

Unknown Third Legendary something like a giant creature.

Darkanine said:
Maybe we are getting another sort of Cobalion?

Peter already mentioned how he assumed the new Legendary Trio will be based off the Knights of the Round. I'd be totally down with three Wolf-like Pokemon based off the Knights to compliment the Musketeers like Cobalion.

Darkanine said:
Peter already mentioned how he assumed the new Legendary Trio will be based off the Knights of the Round. I'd be totally down with three Wolf-like Pokemon based off the Knights to compliment the Musketeers like Cobalion.
So...whose ready for the Pokemon version of the Royal Knights? I forsee 2-A Pokemon. ovo

Germanic and Britonic cultures have inter-mixed a lot. It's why the main language of England, English, is a Germanic language and not Celtic or Romantic. Later Britonic history involved a lot of Nordic influence if my understanding of that period is correct, and of course their mythology transferred a lot too.

Of course my know-how of that period of history is shaky.

Jimboydejuan12 said:
Yes that why Legendary wolfs are norse mythology in Galar Region?
In addition to what @Darkanine has said, the legendary pokémon from Gen 6 are apparently based on Nordic mythology and Meltan, a pretty recent pokémon, makes a possible nod to the Kalos war (region based in France).

Ahh, that's really cool then. The war could be a reference to the Battle of Hastings then.

Back