• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

Yeah I don't really like the idea of fusing already existing Pokemon. It's an unoriginal idea and will probably just lead to gen 1 fanservice again.

^ So isn't Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane, it's literally Necrozma hijacking their bodies and light.

Sounds like forced fusion to me.

This is like saying that I'm fusing with someone when I hug them.

Dziga said:
Sounds like forced fusion to me.
This is like saying that I'm fusing with someone when I hug them.
The difference being that Necrozma actually merges its body with theirs.

GyroNutz said:
Yeah I don't really like the idea of fusing already existing Pokemon. It's an unoriginal idea and will probably just lead to gen 1 fanservice again.
I mean, no one would mind having official regular Pokéfusions just like how you could in Gen 1 with super glitches...

Bobsican said:
I mean, no one would mind having official regular Pokéfusions just like how you could in Gen 1 with super glitches...
Actually, I would. Fusion is an idea done very commonly in fiction, and I'd much rather have new evolutions/brand new Pokemon than taking old Pokemon and turning them into Pokefusions. It's not like mega evolutions which are temporary, or Z moves which are... moves.

How about also making them temporary and exclusive to double/triple battles?

Mega Rayquaza fusing with Arceus...

That would make them both very restrictive, since you'd need two Pokemon able to fuse on the battlefield at the same time, and bad for the metagame, since they're either not nearly good enough to offset the advantage of having two individual Pokemon, making them a waste of a feature, or they are buffed enough to offset this which makes the metagame unstable.

The result would have the base stats upgraded by adding the square root of the base stats of the Pokémon that is being added to the subject Pokémon´s base stats (Except HP, which is directly upgraded, it caps at 255 obviously). EVs, IVs, nature, moveset and ability depend on the Pokémon that is taking the absorbtion of the other one. The types are also combined, only taking the first main type of each one for the final result. For example, a Meloetta fusioning with a Mismagius would lead into a Normal Ghost type as a result

The only physical change would be the color pallete of the Pokémon that is taking the absorbtion of the other Pokémon, and only the Pokémon that is going to be absorbed has to have the item equipped to be absorbed by another ally Pokémon and then absorbed.

Does this sounds as something too underwhelming or broken?

How about also the result having 2 abilities in that case? Smae kind of abilities would be stackable, for example, two Justified being stacked leads into a single Dark-type hit raising the attack by 2.

The result of the square root then would also be multiplied by the number that represents the catch rate of the species before being added to the total number.

Lastly, I didn´t mean by base stats the actual stats of a Pokémon, but you know, the ones the species itself has.

Bobsican said:
The result of the square root then would also be multiplied by the number that represents the catch rate of the species before being added to the total number.
So... Rattata gives a 1908 point boost in Attack?

Oh.

In that case, the result of the square root of the base stats of the Pokémon is multiplied by twice the number of types both Pokémon share.

For example, an Archeops fusioning with a Mega Aerodactyl leads to the last number being 4, which then after being multiplied by the square root of the base stat, leads to an addition of 47 to the attack stat of Mega Aerodactyl, leading to a total of 182 base Attack, which is slightly higher than Kartana´s.

And no, two Pokémon of the same species or in the same evolutionary line can´t fuse with each other.

I think this is more balanced now?

I would love Pokemon fusions for regular pokemon.

Just because an ability or idea has been commonly used before doesnt automatically mean it's a bad idea in the context of pokemon, whos only done it a couple times at best and with legendaries nonetheless.

Ive been thinking

Who would want a future Gen where the game would focus on the origins of Pokemon Evolution? Like after the world's Creation and pokemon pop into existence, we learn how they were able to gain the ability to evolve or change their forms?

We know where Mega Evolution comes from, but what we don't know is how Pokemon had the Ability to evolve in the first place. Or where the main world Pokemon came from in the first place.

The game would involve a region where new methods of evolution exist, would have another evil team (Team DNA maybe?) who's goal is to create a dark or corrupted kind of evolutionary method (like Shadow Pokemon but much more complex) for all Pokemon, and the plot focuses on Legendaries who gave Pokemon the power to evolve or change their form after the Pokemon World was created?

And then for a post game, we could re introduce Team Rainbow Rocket from Gen 7 (or not) who want to misuse the power of these legendaries to give their own legendaries the power of evolution and we go into a plot on why legendaries typically lack the power of evolution unlike normal Pokemon.

I think that would make for an awesome gen as it would heavily tackle into the origins of the pokemon race and how they built history toward the modern age. Who else is with me on this?

I like the idea of a villain team using genetic editing to make custom Pokemon. Lots of potential, so of course Gamefreak won't use it.

I like playing monotype, but I still dislike how I can´t use Mega Charizard X in a dragon team.

Darkanine said:
I like the idea of a villain team using genetic editing to make custom Pokemon. Lots of potential, so of course Gamefreak won't use it.
Same. Like for example, the Team does their genetic editing experiments on a pichu to make a "dark pichu" form (changing its typing to electric dark) and we get a Dark Pikachu and a Dark Raichu.

On the other hand, the region the game takes place in would have their own evolutionary method that opposes the teams method.

And then, in order to give all pokemon the power of Dark Evolution, the team tries capturing the Legendary Mascots who brought forth the concept of Pokemon Evolution to the Pokemon World.

I still find the reason Smogon banned Illusion in BH stupid, like, you can just move your mouse onto the opposing Pokémon to see if it´s another one instead of the one you´re thinking of.

I´m still missing my Illusion to Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan, especially considering it was surprisingly good to beat up Imposter Chanseys.

Bobsican said:
I still find the reason Smogon banned Illusion in BH stupid, like, you can just move your mouse onto the opposing Pokémon to see if it´s another one instead of the one you´re thinking of.

I´m still missing my Illusion to Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan, especially considering it was surprisingly good to beat up Imposter Chanseys.
Because you can't do that in-game.

BH is Balanced Hackmons, which is a tier where you can basically do nearly anything, as Imposter Chansey is everywhere to use your Contrary Mega Mewtwo Ys against you.

Sorry for forgetting to say the metagame.

Faceuee
I know what Balanced Hackmons is... What I mean with my post was that you can't see if the Pokémon is with illusion in-game, and they don't consider the features exclusive to showdown when banning stuff.

Back