• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

NeoZex6399 said:
Grass/Fighting

Water/Fighting

Fire/Fighting
Remember when Fighting was considered one of the best types in the entire game?

I miss those days...

Totally, I was just being nostalgic. In Gen V and prior, Fighting types were some of the more consistently used Pokemon in OU, with Machamp, Scrafty, Conkeldurr, Mienshao and Hitmonlee were all pretty common. But since Gen VI, they kind of faded away AFAIK.

Darkanine said:
Totally, I was just being nostalgic. In Gen V and prior, Fighting types were some of the more consistently used Pokemon in OU, with Machamp, Scrafty, Conkeldurr, Mienshao and Hitmonlee were all pretty common. But since Gen VI, they kind of faded away AFAIK.
Jigglypuff-owning-newbs
Replace Dragon with Fighting and you'll see why

The real cal howard said:
Scorbunny is going to wind up being Fire Fighting. Let's not kid ourselves lol. It even has Maylene's nose bandage.

Wait, Maylene? Gen 4 Gym Leader? SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!
Fire Fairy please.

@Cal

Also Ghost and Dark neutral effect Steel, and Fightings were instrumental in dealing with Steel.

They went from one of the most dominating types in the game to about average.

Y'know....we did this for Fenniken and Litten for their evo's typings, and we were pleasantly surprised with Fire/Psychic and Fire/Dark respectively.

Really loving the UK inspiration this time around, but they better make sure the characters talk like us. If I don't at the very least see a single innit uttered I will consider this game a complete and utter failure.

Anyway any update from Pokemon massive overhaul (Not the AP one but about cleaning and adding more abilities) project? Greninja and Delphox get the one iirc.

I already saw a move where they did a find and replace for the Japanese to the English version, changing out desu for innit lol

I'm a huge fan of British Isle and Celtic folklore and mythology, so I hope to see some cool stuff in Pokemon and landmark designs. I'm pretty sure I spotted a referenced the Uffington White Horse in the trailer!

Defiantly the giant.

To be honest, I thought of the giant first but didn't know the name so I went with the closest equivalent I knew of.

I have a feeling the Swords of Justice could potentially get a huge role in this game for...well...obvious reasons.

And yeah I'd be Team Bunny all the way if I could actually play this game lol.

Back