• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

It's not a question that "can they?" and more of "will they do it?", Gamefreak isn't really a reference when it comes to graphics.

Oh, that´s good to know.

I guess I´ll have to wait for someone to mod the game and add them in, I know it´ll eventually happen.

I can see them making the game visually comparable to Pokkén in the next hardware after the Swtich, when Gen 9/10 rolls around.

I´m going to miss back when main Pokémon games pushed the hardware to the limits. I think I´m going to wait for when such thing happens, because Let´s Go definitely doesn´t.

Gen 6 ran at smooth 60fps in a New 3DS, even while with 3D on normally.

Gen 7 is also not half bad, especially if you also install the mod to remove the black lines, making everything look more detailed and renders the game more easily on the system.

The real cal howard said:
We do need a new gimmick. Gen 2 had the Special split, Gen 3 had abilities, Gen 4 had the Physical/Special split, Gen 5 had...nothing meta-worthy, really, Gen 6 had Mega Evolutions, and Gen 7 had Z-Moves (and if you wanna count it, Alolan forms).
Gen 5 had actual story

New possible additions so far:

- Fusions

- Crossover a main series game with another series like Digimon (surely not going to happen TBH)

- Introduce Pokémon with triple types

- Introduce a Pokémon with an ability that triggers in switch-out Trick Room

How about if you hold a certain item, you have access to your other ability (your first ability if you have a hidden ability). I think that'd be pretty cool

Ash apparently caught a Meltan yesterday. So if he evolves it into Melmetal later (which he probably will) then he would scale to high 6-B. Meltan is apparently 6-B so...does that mean Ash could get a 6-B key now?

Something I noticed when discussing in a Darkrai versus, is his best sleep feat is putting Palkia asleep in Mystery Dungeon, but what I noticed is that Palkia just felt asleep without Darkrai attacking it or even appearing on screen, so could this be thought based mind hax? https://youtu.be/w-8_Hz6aHpY?t=313

That's Dark Void which is a projectile move, what he used on Palkia wasn't a projectile or any other attack, it seems like it could be just sleep (mind) hax Darkrai can use with a thought not a Pokémon move.

Back