• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

Huh. How did it take me only until now to jump into this?

Uh...Tympole is better designed than Sobble.

(flees)

Well, i'm looking to a underrated pokemons who doesn't get any single matches (and hot too) so no Magikarp lel.

But still struggling finding an opponents for Glaceon smh.

Cheetor doesn't have any chance neither, his abilities proof it while Glaceon has like some of really good abilities and even hax.

Worth the try I will look for more, i am adding some profiles now, so i am a little busy now, but i will eventually look for 7-A, you can go here to look for some battles

Okay question. I did some digging into some Gen 4 lore and it seems its stated Palkia is able to rule over and bind spatial dimensions.

Since it falls under Palkia's specific dominion, would this imply that the "concept of spatial dimensions" falls under the concept of space in the pokemon verse?
Palkia bending spatial dimensions (2)

On a related note to above, what about Porygon Z's Moon Pokédex Entry (which I, unfortunately, haven't been able to find a picture of).

"Its program was modified to facilitate extra-dimensional activities, but that led to noticeably strange behavior."

Since no version of Porygon has been shown to time travel, does this imply >3+1 dimensions, or am I just reading too much into it?

Except that all other instances of P-Z's entries imply that it was meant to travel to alternate dimensions, so it certainly doesn't include higher dimensions.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Except that all other instances of P-Z's entries imply that it was meant to travel to alternate dimensions, so it certainly doesn't include higher dimensions.
Good argument. However, isn't it a bit odd when they changed it in the generation where "Alien dimensions" are shown, to something literally translating to "Higher dimension"?

(Though, on that note, having Porygon-Z as a potential wild encounter in Ultra Space Wilds would be pretty sweet)

It doesn't "literally" translates to higher dimension. Extra means both "outside" and "beyond". If dimensions are just universes (no reasons to assume it would refer to spatial dimensions), then this would just mean outside/beyond this dimension, which is just another universe.

Alright so we might need to clean more Chestnaught and Delphox page like adding abilities, another key, and move list, and maybe two starters pokemon from gen 5 need it (Emboar and that sea-lion pokemon i forgot his name) while Serperios need his move list added only.

Would Primal Groudon get to AG if it could learn Synthesis, Heat Crash and Solar Blade?

And maybe also granting base Groudon Intimidate as a hidden ability

Synthesis, probably yes (though I feel like morning sun makes more sense). Recovery is one of the few things that Primal Groudon lacks, what with it being unable to hold leftovers, and a form of recovery that almost always heals 75% would make Primal Groudon extremely annoying to play at worst.

Solar Blade, perhaps but I kinda doubt it. It helps vs Arceus types, but still doesn't let it break through Giratina-O and can't be used against P-Kyogre.

Heat Crash, I'll say no. Remember the majority of ubers are heavy, and anything that isn't heavy likely can't tank a fire punch.

All 3, most likely

Yeah, but Primal Groudon is one of the heaviest ones around as far I remember.

Like, it´s almost as heavy as Celeestela

Back