• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

The opponents weight would have to be at least 3x less than Pdon's for it to be ever so slightly more effective than fire punch (still debatable as fire punch can burn). At 4x the weight of the opponent, heat crash starts to do significant damage but again nearly everything is heavy

Just checked, only the heaviest ones are either steel or rock type, which can be taken care with a simple Precipice Blades.

A question in another Pokemon thread made me interested about whether the anime was secondary or tertiary and it led me to this piece of info and it seems that GameFreak is more involved in the Anime and Movies than I thought, the link seems to be dead but thankful theirs the wayback machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/2013021...mon-news/news_gamefreak_interview-2012-10-01/

Also, after looking at the Mega Absol vs Tsunayoshi thread, whats the opinion on Mystery Dungeon canonicity and does the profiles need to be improved to include the stuff from them?

Question guys. None of you wouldnt happen to know where I can find the japanese version of the Gen 4 games by any chance would you? A walkthrough?

Everything12 said:
Also, after looking at the Mega Absol vs Tsunayoshi thread, whats the opinion on Mystery Dungeon canonicity and does the profiles need to be improved to include the stuff from them?
The Mystery Dungeon world is separate to the main Pokemon world, so they don't contradict each other in any way. I'd say spin offs like Mystery Dungeon should be at least secondary canon.

Our profiles should be improved to include IQ skills from them, but that's a long project that'll be done over time. Other than that I don't think there's anything else that's Mystery Dungeon exclusive

Pokken Tournament DX? Well not playing but i always watching every brackets on youtube, oh boi its so amazing, wish they add more DLC aside Blastoise and Aegislash.

I still have it and still play it. Have you tried making some long string combos with your main? If you're like me, you'll pretty much will get into it. Pokken is such an underrated Pokemon game and fighting game.

I don't have it yet, but I think I'm on the verge of getting Pokken for the first time sometime soon. I've been interested in it for a while, and it should be interesting what I end up liking as a fighter.

I hate how a lot of people in the Pokemon Community and the FGC talk so much shit about it or not give the game much credit. They think it's a pointless button masher. People who say that aren't well versed in fighting games at all and probably never entered in any tourneys.

From the reviews I've read of the game, you can go into the game by button mashing, but if you want to get anywhere fast, you need to learn how to actually string combos together in order to deal the most damage you can.

Ik Starter. It's easy to pick up and play, but the game isn't really centered around on button mashing though. The game literally teaches you how to do actual combos in the training mode with each different character.

We should probably do some Gen VI Pokemon, then. They don't have nearly the attention they should.

Aside what Pack said, more fighting/physic/grass Pokemons, i dunno since there is so much pokemons to remember lel

Also i don't know that in Gen VI there is some of crisis/out of idea like garbage-pokemon to sword-pokemon that people overreacting about it.

No, it's Gen V that people were overreacting about, aside from Gen VI's Klefki. Mostly because you look at Pokemon like Trubbish or Vanillish, and it looks like The Pokemon Company is just drawing faces on things around the room and publishing them as Pokemon.

Tribbish and Vanillish aren't even that bad tbh. The Gen 5 hate is dumb tbh. You can disl8ke a gen, but outright acting like it is trash is another issue. And one can't hide behind "opinions" without being criticized for it. *cough* *cough* Verlisify *cough*.

I don't mind vanillite that much, Trubbish is awful though. I think the main problem was that they tried to add too many new Pokemon so a lot of them were bound to be forgettable.

I feel like Black/White and Gates to Infinity were all very weak entries to the franchise, but I digress.

GyroNutz said:
I don't mind vanillite that much, Trubbish is awful though. I think the main problem was that they tried to add too many new Pokemon so a lot of them were bound to be forgettable.

I feel like Black/White and Gates to Infinity were all very weak entries to the franchise, but I digress.
Black and White weren't weak by any means. They had some of the best story and music in the franchise

Gen V along with Gen Vll are my favorite gens with lll and lV following.

Aegislash is perfectly fine though and Klefki's design makes 100% sebse considering what it's based on. Also, Aegislash is a possesed sword. A common concept. Y'know like Soul Edge? It has a good design and a good basis. And once again...it's a ghost possessing an object. A vomon thing in many cultures. I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Don't get me started with a Pokemon rant...

@Yobo

The game felt very linear, the post-game was nearly non-existent and while there were some good songs they were mostly towards the end (Route 10, Victory Road, N's Bridge + Castle). Aside from a few fights (Lenora + Ghetsis mainly) the game was very easy, underwhelmingly so. I'll give props to B/W where it's due; the story was one of the best in the main series and it does have some memorable tracks.

Imo.

The first time i saw Aegislash its not "ew what is this kind of pokemon", instead its "Wow sentient sword with badass voice, me like it"

GyroNutz said:
@Yobo

The game felt very linear, the post-game was nearly non-existent and while there were some good songs they were mostly towards the end (Route 10, Victory Road, N's Bridge + Castle). Aside from a few fights (Lenora + Ghetsis mainly) the game was very easy, underwhelmingly so. I'll give props to B/W where it's due; the story was one of the best in the main series and it does have some memorable tracks.

Imo.
I didn't think it was overwhelmingly easy, but I'm not a very good gamer kek.

People often harp on Ice Cream, Gears and Trash as their catalyst to say Gen V designs are bad. Sometimes Cryogonal for being a snowflake (best designed snowflake I've ever seen).

Yet we have the starters, Scolipede, Haxorus. Hydreigon, Basically all the legendaries and mythicals, Volcarona, Zoroark, Golurk, Liepard, Bisharp, Galvantula, Gigalith, Braviary (AMERICUH), Sawsbuck, Escavalier, Reuniclus, etc. Gen V has a ton of really great designs.

Back