• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pinkie Pie vs James Ironwood

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: A PARTY IN THE SKY

And we begin the Anarchy Arc!

Yes, this is the main conflict

Yes, this is how it's gonna go from here

Yes, this will probably not end so well
● ------------------------------------- ●
A number of rules were set up with the new management but most of them were simply supplementary to the main one. All fights must be recorded and pre-planned in the verse that will be visited. It considerably slowed down a lot of matches due to the nature of bureaucracy efforts. Still, the realm had just survived a crisis and as such, rebuilding efforts were greatly appreciated.

Walking through this changed realm, Ironwood got to view the place in its changed state. Due to how it was the rooms used to be positioned, there wasn't much he needed to change and so he decided to visit the former victims of Charlie. Connor and Chelshia were mostly unaffected by their imprisonment, having only been kept in the Constant for a few days. The portal drake however was rather shaken by his experience, being tormented and even killed repeatedly throughout his yearlong imprisonment.

He was currently the first one to be approved of a psychological evaluation and hopefully, will be able to return to his previous job in the future.

Once he was sure everything was fine, Ironwood returned to his office. Now that the previous threat was dealt with, he needed to make sure future threats are dealt with accordingly. Sitting in his office, he flipped through Marcy's threat assessment, having made a few modifications to it. Cauldron and the Foundation aren't going to excessively oppose his rule though they would not support it either. Due to their power, it's better to leave it at that rather than attempt to burn their bridges. The Council of Reeds was another dangerous player though due to their interest in research, so long as it is not impeded, they would likely be more interested in the mechanisms of this realm.

The other benefactors are not too hard to displease and with some rewards and punishments, he could easily keep them in-line or better yet, gain some allies.

After an hour of writing down future plans and safeguards, Ironwood laid back on his chair to catch a breather. In the corner of his eyes he noticed something peculiar. In the grey and blue hues of the place, a single yellow spot laid on the ground, prompting him to investigate it. It was a small piece of paper, confetti he realized. As he was about to return to his desk, he noticed his desk rearranged with a punch bowl and a number of food containers present.

Now realizing something was amiss, he quickly pulled out his white revolver before turning around, finding a banner hung above his office's door with big light grey letters saying "CONGRATULATIONS!". Confused yet still wary of this new threat, Ironwood turned around once more, being met with a party popper and a familiar holder. Before he could react however, confetti bursted onto his face, surprising him for a bit though he recovered quickly.

"Ugh... Pinkie Pie, was it?" Ironwood said, recognizing her from Marcy's story.
"Pony version!" Pinkie Pie replied before blowing a party horn in the general's face.

"How did you even get here? Unregistered visits should be impossible and we haven't even begun the registration process".
"You can't stop a party with bureaucracy! That's the opposite of fun!".

In her joyful explanation, Pinkie Pie slid past the desk, not reappearing on the other side as Ironwood walked in to check. As he did, he felt an arm around his shoulder, a familiar grin greeting him once he turned his head. "And where I go, the fun never ends~" the pink pony said before quickly backing off, seemingly disappearing from sight. The general recalled the explanation on Pinkie Pie's file, recounting her cartoonish capabilities.

"Fine, I'll humor you. Are you just here for a party?" Ironwood asked, still keeping an eye on where Pinkie Pie may reappear.
"Oh that was just a display party! It's always a good idea to have a noteworthy introduction, especially since this'll be the first time I'll be interacting with you all in an important manner" she replied.

"What? What are you talking about?".
"Well, did you realize how convenient it was that you got this new power? I'm just saying, it's leading you on to some things. And one of them is me!".

"How did you know that?! You weren't even present for the event!".
"Did you not read your files on me more closely? I thought you dull military higher-ups love paperwork!".

"Pinkie Sense...".
"That's right! I've been getting so many of these lately. Oh! Left eye twitching, quivering left forehoof, and cramped right thigh! I know what this means...".

That last sentence worried Ironwood, if for just a moment. As he turned for the umpteenth time, he finally got to face Pinkie Pie, his revolver pointed at her. And despite all this, her stance remained unmoved this time, her expression the same as it was last time...

"... You're gonna shoot me in the head" she said.
"Are you gonna give me a reason to?" Ironwood asked.

Of course! I can't let you turn this place into a joyless drab! You're the biggest fish in this pond, and someday, all the food in it will run out. Poor poor little fishies, unless... Well, there's always a bigger fish. PlusthereneedstobeanopposingforceinanynarrativeandwithyourpenchantforordertheS.W.A.N.Nentitiesinchargeofourdimensiondecidedthatitwouldbefittingformetobeyouropposition.

"So, I guess this'll keep happening for a while" Pinkie Pie trailed off.
"What did you see in those visions of yours to lead you to those conclusions?" Ironwood asked, wanting to at least scrape some information from this new enemy.

"Oh, it's not always specific. I saw a lot of fire, and a lot of people I don't recognize, and some things I shouldn't tell you specifically. Meeting you now, I have so many questions my Pinkie Sense won't tell me" the pink pony explained before disappearing once again. This time, Ironwood quickly activated his communicator, finding it instead blaring party songs no matter which frequency he used. Before he could do anything about it, he felt a sharp pain through his back.

"Would you look at that. The tin man had a heart all along..." Pinkie Pie said before pulling her foreleg back, taking Ironwood's beating heart with it. As expected, he instantly collapsed from the loss of such an important organ, crawling on the ground in pain oddly enough, towards his desk all while the pink pony stood in-place. "Oh, another one? Hmm... oh" she said, realizing something.

"I should've gone for the head".

Ironwood stood up from his desk, a metal heart beating in the hole caved in through his chest. His eyes flashed brightly, his breath labored from such a close brush with death. He would've been fine of course but in an introduction against a new opponent? It's best to not show weakness. Brushing off his blood-soaked coat, he sighed before pulling out both revolvers of Due Process.

"You've made a very dangerous enemy. I assure you, there will not be a single corner of any world that you can hide in" he threatened.
"Pinkie Promise?" Pinkie Pie replied before disappearing once again.

latest

commission___brokenlevel_by_sa_dui_dcqgwcr-pre.jpg

VS
d497u4l-fe0e7f8a-df37-472f-84a7-4a71c6e0e8b4.jpg

They are tiers apart, and I'm not seeing any hax that could bypass durability on Ironwood. Does he have a wincon? He's a Low 7-B up against a 6-B.

Broken skill and higher stamina
Yeah, but against someone millions of times stronger? And do you mean broken combat skills or some form of hax?
Also you're back? And why for a VS thread?
1 I've participated in both the Cosmology upgrade threads. I'm mostly gone, but not entirely. I still lurk and do stuff sometimes.
2. I saw a tier 7 with no hax vs a tier 6. That's an eye-catcher.

what? no about of skill is saving you from being turned to dust with the lightest touch nor is it allowing you to hurt someone two orders of magnitude above you

how tf is that any better???
I'm assuming the logic is wait for her to run out of stamina and finish her off. Course, that only works if low stamina affects their durability, seeing as it comes from magic, not how physically tired you are.

I'll be honest, with gag teleportation + precog and limited range options, I really don't see Ironwood outlasting without getting brushed even once, let alone if outlasting will even work.

I'm guess we just dont count gag feats for her then.

even then she only needs to hit him once and hes dead and hes not doing much damage to her.

Technically he only needs to keep it up for a few hours due to his opponent's stamina
Looking at the justification for her stamina she don’t even look tired. So it’s not like he just wins after few hours. Plus. A few hours is still a long time for a fight.

That makes this even worse for bro💀
She teleports and punches through his chest like scorpion
I'll just point out, that she doesn't really have a range advantage besides being able to cartoon teleport mid fight. Kilometers requires her to have a megaphone and yell into it.

I will point out once again that MLP durability does not decrease with stamina. It decreases with magic. Her "hours long" stamina applies to how long she can exert herself physically. Running around normally, throwing kicks and hoof-punches. So, I really do not buy the "wait for her to run out of stamina" strat.

I will point out once again that MLP durability does not decrease with stamina. It decreases with magic. Her "hours long" stamina applies to how long she can exert herself physically. Running around normally, throwing kicks and hoof-punches.
When does that ever happen? People's durability don't decrease when they're too tired to fight. They just get incapacitated

She isn't going to keep fighting like an idiot when she sees she has a hard time hitting him. She's gonna take a short breather for a few minutes to recover if she feels herself running out of steam. We're making them fight, not act like morons.

You should probably give the other guy knowledge about funny pink pony’s strength to make this a little more fair

You should probably give the other guy knowledge about funny pink pony’s strength to make this a little more fair
I considered that for a moment but I was unsure of giving him too many advantages considering what I'm gonna post

Anyway this the lowball of Ironwood's skill. Keep in-mind that this is of characters in very early parts of the series and it has expanded considerably at the point when he becomes relevant. I'm only using this because due to time constraint issues, the supporters haven't lengthened the scaling chain to involve the later seasons

I considered that for a moment but I was unsure of giving him too many advantages considering what I'm gonna post

Anyway this the lowball of Ironwood's skill. Keep in-mind that this is of characters in very early parts of the series and it has expanded considerably at the point when he becomes relevant. I'm only using this because due to time constraint issues, the supporters haven't lengthened the scaling chain to involve the later seasons
Tl;dr version?

Ironwood isn’t someone who dodges and fights very acrobatically. Ain’t really gonna dodge. And iirc he has no experience with teleporters

It ain't on the profiles, but Pinkie canonically walked through the wilderness with her friends, without stopping. Also without sleeping too.

I'll also point out that merely riding a train from Ponyville to Appaloosa takes 26 hours. And this is a lowball considering that timer started with them in the desert. Meaning just a single small portion of the country takes a day. Who knows how many days it took them to walk south from Ponyville, all the way to the bottom of the continent? Without stopping, or sleeping?

This is their map for reference. Oh, and Klugetown is located near the end of an even bigger desert.

All I'm saying is, a almost a weeks worth of non-stop walking, through 2 deserts no less, is probably a better stamina feat than fighting for a day.

It ain't on the profiles, but Pinkie canonically walked through the wilderness with her friends, without stopping. Also without sleeping too.

I'll also point out that merely riding a train from Ponyville to Appaloosa takes 26 hours. And this is a lowball considering that timer started with them in the desert. Meaning just a single small portion of the country takes a day. Who knows how many days it took them to walk south from Ponyville, all the way to the bottom of the continent? Without stopping, or sleeping?

This is their map for reference. Oh, and Klugetown is located near the end of an even bigger desert.

All I'm saying is, a almost a weeks worth of non-stop walking, through 2 deserts no less, is probably a better stamina feat than fighting for a day.
So she takes stamina to? Yeah his only barely possible win con is gone he is gonna die.

Back