• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MISTER FANTASTIC MATCH-UP THREAD

He's a genius, he's elastic, he's... MISTER FANTASTIC!

3194050-1.jpg

"Reed Richards, better known as Mister Fantastic, is the leader of the Fantastic Four and the head of the Future Foundation. A nearly unparalleled scientist, he invited his colleagues Susan Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm to test an experimental spacecraft of his own design as the government threatened to withdraw funding. Although their launch was successful, the ship's shielding was inadequate to protect the team from a sudden burst of cosmic radiation caused by a solar flare as they tried to enter hyperspace. This radiation mutated Richards, allowing him to stretch and elongate his body at will into nearly any shape he could imagine, with his friends suffering mutations of their own. Convinced that he ought to use his newfound powers for the good of humanity, he created the Fantastic Four, one of the world's first superhero teams.

He would later marry Susan and have two children, Franklin Richards and Valeria Richards."

Reed Richards. Some love him, love hate him. As of now, he has no matches on his profile. As he is my personal favorite superhero of all time, I intend to change that.

While his scaling chain takes a while to get through, from what I can find, his AP and (main) durability is 0.31 tons, Building level. (Scales to Daken, who is comparable to Wolverine, who is only slightly weaker than Cable, who scales to this number). However, his durability against blunt attacks is Large Island level.

Matches

1. Vs. Riolu
  2. Vs. Space Ex-Husband (Completed)
  3. Vs. Sans (Completed)
  4. Vs. Batman (Active)
  5. Vs. Plastic Man
  6. Vs. Mister Fantastic (Completed)
  7. Vs. Dire Rhinoceros
  8. Vs. Helmed Horror
  9. Vs. Kris
  10. Vs. Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad (Completed)
  11. Vs. Jeff Andonuts
  12. Vs, Ness
  13. Vs. Marcy Wu (Completed)

Last edited:
If this goes well I may turn it into a little story like some of the other character match-ups do, cuz that seems fun
Honestly, this is a really good character to make a story involving multiverses. Remember the Council of Reeds? That organization is awesome in theory and I've used the concept in some fanfics

If you don't mind, I'll make the story for this Match-Up thread

I had the idea of the Council being the ones to send him out on these missions for one reason or another (even though he's rejected them in the past... times change)

And ye, I don't mind! Go ahead!

In the depths of the multiverse, contact is inevitable and often, convergences may result. Oftentimes, this would result in gatherings of multiple characters with a variety of goals. While variety is often nice, the most common occurrences of these organizations would often be counterparts of the same character. It is unknown for what reason this occurs with hypotheses ranging from simple psychology on relationships to theories of higher beings who enjoy their existence as mere narrative pleasure.

For now, we focus on one of these organizations, that being the Council of Richards... I mean, Reeds. After its rebuilding, they continued with their goals, one of which involved research on the vast multiverse surrounding them, finding universes completely different than the ones they're familiar of. One such Reed was tasked with an important deal in this issue

"Richard Reed of Earth-3443, correct?" the receptionist asked.
"Indeed, I'm impressed with how well you were able to clear up my schedule for this. I hope I am not ruining the productivity of my counterparts" this particular Mr. Fantastic replied, his badge indicating his origin.

"Contingencies are important, even for occasions that may seem mundane. Listen to this report and take it to the transport facility. It will brief you on your mission" the receptionist replied. Reed's badge suddenly lit up, indicating that the message is uploaded. Going to the transport facility, he got to see a visualization of the briefing which involved a high ranking Mr. Fantastic doing the explanations.

Greetings, please pay attention. We have recently discovered another convergence with a disturbing nature, namely its ability to imprison, contain, immortalize, and unleash entities picked up from various universes. We have recently made contact with them and intend on sending you to observe, investigate, and integrate with their organization. We have made threat assessments on the so-called "benefactors" of this organization, try to leak as little information to them as possible.

Right as the briefing is finished, Mr. Fantastic found himself in a chamber. In less than a picosecond, he was quickly sent through the multiverse, his vision being met by an endless void. He got to see glances of the worlds he may or may not visit in the future before getting thrown out of a different portal, this one mechanical in nature.

"Hi! Richard Reeds is it?" the death knight greeted, offering her hand to help Reed up.
"Thank you, admittedly your portal is a little crude but I'll be able to improve on it later. Now, may I have an introduction to this place?" he asked, brushing dust off his suit.

Mr. Fantastic was soon lead through the main room, getting to look at the odd cast of characters before exiting to a looping hallway, always leading back to the room they started though with one notable landmark, a hall with pictures hung on it with a number below. Most notably however was a single picture taken down depicting a Japanese teenager with messy green hair, a few faded explosion marks denting the frame.

"Normally he'd be our baseline for how many points it takes to be free. However due to a CRT event, his entire verse became stronger and it messed up the point system. Currently damage control is trying to figure out a solution to fix this but for now, we're not going to see a lot of freedom" the death knight explained.
"If required, I may be able to provide assistance with this damage control" Reed replied.

"Heh, doing favors? Haven't seen a benefactor try that. But sure, we can use all the help we can get. One more place to go though" the maintenance worker replied. The two soon ended up in an office room, a group of people present inside as if in a meeting.

Due to your organization's benefactor status, they have certain privileges which includes being able to send in representatives. For now, I'll introduce you to your business co-workers" the death knight explained before pointing those in the room "The suited woman with the fedora is Contessa of Cauldron, the old man in the suit is Director Aktus of the SCP Foundation, the old man in the Hawaiian shirt is Max Tennyson of the Plumbers, the middle aged man in black leather is Vince McMahon of WWE, the teenager with orange skin is Sunset Shimmer of Canterlot High, and the bald old man with the mustache is Walter White of Heisenberg's Empire.

"Alright, be nice to them. I have some things to do. Have fun!" the death knight explained before slamming the door behind Reed, leaving him with a bunch of strangers to socialize with. Before he could open his mouth, he found himself fading into a place he couldn't perceive, his consciousness dissipating for a moment before reforming again. While anyone who went through this event would thoroughly confused, Mr. Fantastic understood this far too well.

"You... You erased my concept... How did I survive that?!" he asked.
"Their mission in this place is to fight. Many out there have a variety of methods to kill in ways that normally don't allow for one to come back. Yet, they all still do" Contessa explained, pulling out a handgun "This effect also applies to visitors as long as they're here".

With a single shot, blood splattered all over the wall, the suited woman's head falling limp on the desk, her co-workers not reacting in the slightest.

"With that in mind, there is one difference between a visitor and a prisoner" she continued, walking behind Mr. Fantastic "Prisoners cannot escape. Stay too long from this pocket dimension and you will find yourself dragged back in by an unseen force".
"In other words, there's no way to know which side of the glass you're in until you report to your organization" Director Aktus added.

Sweat dripped from Mr. Fantastic's face, this greeting being completely unexpected from his end. Still, he managed to regain his composure which helped as his higher ups are calling in.

"That is quite the introduction. Fortunately, I can work with these odds. I look forward to another one of these meetings" Reed replied before walking out, unaware of his sealed fate.

Last edited:
First two matches are made btw, you can find them in the OP.

I'm waiting a bit for Riolu's match since Pokémon is having a ton of revisions rn.

Reed only has a 4x AP advantage over Deltarune 9-As.

Wonder if I could do Kris/Spamton/Queen Vs. Reed... They have soul manip to make up for the AP disadvantage

Should also work because he's 9-A+

Should also work because he's 9-A+
Nevermind. The AvA characters got upgraded to 3-B.

Back