• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise City Part 8: It's So Easy

Michael appears half crazed at this point, his own anger and Shoot to Thrill driving him past the edge.

"I will see you dead on the floor or I will cut my own eyes out you ******* b1tch!" Michael accelerates the closing of the water cage to it's maximum, yet one of Shoot to Thrill's legs continues twitching, as if waiting for something.

The Distance moves closer to DSMN and Tony and swings his scythe around him randomly

Uneasy Rider pushes the objects at the side of Flick of the Switch, knocking the strings down long enough for it to slip out using its speed and precision.

"Nice try. Better luck next life."

Nothing

Happened

Stephanie screamed out in pain and grasped at what wasn't on her face. She yanked it off and it...clattered to the ground? It sure as hell didn't sound like stone. She blinked and stared st whatever the hell this thing was, and her vision was red. That's it...that's ******* it. She was tired of this. Something was gonna happen.

Wherever her stand mask was, it disappeared, and reappeared on her face. The eyes glowed red.

"Every breath you take,"she muttered, as the illusion would be slowly wiped away. She took a deep breath and concentrated on this. She could be more. She could be...much more helpful...

"Every move you make..." There was suddenly a little box that floated around her head with a giant antenna, which would occasionally make a beep sound. It was a radar, scanning her entire environment, including the stands, the people, and what those stands do. She'd even be learning the material the garage was made of.

"We'll be watching you..." Suddenly, her allies would get a very detailed view of the environment. It was like a sixth sense. They knew where people were. Where their allies were, and their enemies. Stand users were seemingly giving off a red aura, humans a blue one. They could see...practically everything thanks to the radar.

All stands in the area were identified and stats were determined.

Michael is silent for a good moment, his eyes seemingly cast in shadow, breaths heavy but steady.

And then he bursts out laughing. A hollow, humorless laugh that sounds only a few tones away from deranged.

"You still don't...hah, you still don't get it," Michael says, snickering to himself, barely preventing another fit. "There is no way out."

Another group of strings burst out of the ground right where Uneasy Rider is, along with hundreds more around the area, completely encompassing it in an impenetrable grid, wires overlapping wires overlapping more wires.

"This is why it's called Flick of the Switch: once it is turned on, you're as good as dead anyway," Michael says, clearly even more exhausted having to maintain so many strings, but hanging on via sheer bloodlust. Shoot to Thrill pulls as hard as it can at the grid, sending it closing even faster than before.

After getting her newly upgraded stand, Stephanie quickly rushed over to Michael, her own now floating stand following after her. Once closer to him, she spoke.

"This stand is incredibly annoying. It can switch the appearance and feeling of two objects in sight of it, like an apple and a knife. The Apple would feel like a knife and probably look like one of it wanted it too. It can also duplicate objects. I know you probably have it under control, but just watch out for any tricks. Want me to keep an eye on him?"

"It...," Michael shakes his head. Not important.

"Alright, keep me informed on every.single.inch. it moves!"

"The stand will help you out on that," she said with a smile. Michael, due to her upgraded stand, should already be able to pick up on just about everything this man was doing or going to do.

"That's...disorienting," Michael says, but Shoot continues the closing at a breakneck pace.

Nicholas readjusts and makes another attempt, moving through the ground and sending DSMN up, trying to send Tony roughly 1 kilometer into the air if it makes contact.

Uneasy Rider is sliced apart by Flick of the Switch. You hear a scream from a woman in another room.

The Distance moves back to Zack and seems to survey the situation, waiting to see what move it can make.

Tony is launched up into the air, breaking through the roof and flying upwards until he reaches roughly 1 kilometer above the mansion. Nicholas is discombobulated by the punch, but eventually recovers and shoots upwards after Tony.

Mame just looks at Tony and Nicholas yeet themselves away, she sighs. "Darn that skeleto stand and it countering me..." She waits for them to get back.

Joe was kinda just hiding somewhere around, having sneaked out of the RV trought portals when the reinforcement had arrived.

... i wish i had a punch ghost too

He thinks jelous.

Due to his free movement in the air, Nicholas holds an advantage over Tony there. As he reaches the maximum height, Nicholas begins moving around him rapidly, firing the air streams used previously at varying angles so the Stand doesn't have the ability to block them.

Michael sees the Stand dissipating into nothing and sighs in relief, Shoot to Thrill retracting, and all the water showering back onto the fragmented pavement they created coming out.

"Keep a spot warm in Hell for me," he says as he turns towards Stephanie. "C'mon, this isn't over."

He's visibly exhausted and barely holding himself upward, but alive.

"Have a nice trip down." Nicholas comments as he continues circling Tony and firing the air streams at him whenever he gets the chance.

Tony's chest now has a massive hole in it. Just before the stand fades away, it throws a grenade at him.

"Don't tell me you're still going to try and fight," Stephanie said with a frown. "You're on death's door."

Of course she didn't look much better, bloody and filled with a couple wounds...she's pretty sure she has some bullets stuck in her.

Tony's head gets knocked straight off from the punch, his stand fading away and his body landing limp on the ground. His head lands in the fountain.

"You're hardly in a state to fight right now. Why are you helping them anyway?" Nicholas asks, remaining on guard with DSMN.

Stephanie was dead set on just staring at the only enemy left, picking up all his surface thoughts to see if he'd try to fight his way out

"How about helping us then? You don't seem particularly loyal to the organization and we have someone who can heal your wounds."

Jackythejack said:
Stephanie was dead set on just staring at the only enemy left, picking up all his surface thoughts to see if he'd try to fight his way out
[his thoughts are mostly looking and waiting to see if Nicholas will make a move]

Nicholas then glances at the others.

"What do you all think?" He asks.

"He didn't seem to be fighting us all too seriously either, at least not compared to those other two. Stephanie should check if he's lying though."

Stephanie was already looking to see if he was lying. "If he doesn't fight seriously are you sure we want him on the team? Seems a bit risky, either way..."

"Well, don't look like there's too much fighting to be done. You definitely need to get patched up though," Michael then turned back to their captive, sternly looking at him for a good few minutes.

Back