• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overvoid Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...yeah.

So, I was looking at the Overvoid page again, and the justification just never really made any sense. It might, for 1A. Not High 1A, tho.

Here is the link to that.

Anyway, let's get started.

(The Monitor-Mind is the unconscious void of nothingness that lies as the background of all creation, standing utterly devoid of definition, beyond the crumbling ledge of the Source Wall wherein Thought itself ceases to be and all dual concepts are dissolved into unity. Represents the white canvas of the comicbook itself, being the ground of being in which all characters and concepts of DC Comics are drawn in, and acting as the middle ground between the fictional reality occupied by them and the world of the Writer)

This is great and all, but how tf is this High 1A? I'm just going to throw that out there. None of this is High 1A. It's even stated that what put it there had nothing to do with a hierarchy. This, in it of itself, should already be a red flag, but I'll try elaborating more. The common defense whenever someone asks how Overvoid is High 1A is that "you don't need a 1A hierarchy to be High 1A", which might be true, but proving a character to being High 1A without an infinitely layered 1A hierarchy or at least a 1A hierarchy of some kind is extremely difficult and even harder to prove without it being wank or just easily debunkable.

Tbf, I find no reason for Overvoid to stay at High 1A.

Hopefully, this turns out fairly civil unlike some other major downgrade threads.

based
IMG_20210724_184040.jpg

FYI, there's apparently gonna be a major revision (Likely downgrade) For DC's god tiers soon so maybe this thread isn't a great idea. Although that CRT is taking forever so I'm probably wrong

The reasonings for all the god tiers in DC are ****** anyway, so the OP is definitely making a solid point.
Thanks, tbh it seemed like people gave up on the DC tiers cause of how strange the justifications are. Especially for Overvoid.

FYI, there's apparently gonna be a major revision (Likely downgrade) For DC's god tiers soon so maybe this thread isn't a great idea. Although that CRT is taking forever so I'm probably wrong
Maybe, but it's good to start somewhere, ig

If memory serves right, Morrison himself treats it as 1C/1B sort of thing rather than High 1-A, so I most definitely agree with the downgrade for him (and the writer).

But what tier do you suggest as a replacement?

If memory serves right, Morrison himself treats it as 1C/1B sort of thing rather than High 1-A, so I most definitely agree with the downgrade for him (and the writer).

But what tier do you suggest as a replacement?
morrison cosmology is 1C to High 1C. Its based on string theory

I mean evidence of 1B (albeit very baseline) can be found in his cosmology, but yeah, nothing 1A

So far, this thread is going pretty smoothly, I was expecting the DC fanboys to start raging at me, tho I’ll probably just have to wait for tomorrow, ig

Dc has many metaphysical realms
The sphere of gods is one of them and a platonic archetypal world so its 1A. But its seen as an outlier for the new gods, tho 1A darkseid coming up this infinite frontier.
The blog has better explanation of everything of DC cosmology and the metaphysical realms and a good explanation about the sphere of gods.
Based on the MOTM the limbo transcends the sphere of gods.
The monitor sphere is home of NIL and Nil is an archetypal world and more explanations of NiL is given in the blog that it's better for you to read then me summarising it to you.
The entirety of the monitor sphere are just thoughts of the Overvoid.
Nil is a world inhabited by primal forms.
Then we have the source wall
The Source Wall surrounds the entire DC Multiverse, separating it from the Overvoid. It exists in all realms and transects all dimensions. Due to the inconsistent nature of comics, there have been a few times where passing through the Source Wall only on a universal level allows beings to travel between universes, either into the Bleed or into past versions of Creation.
from the blog but I didn't add the promethean galaxy cause I believe you read JL2018
Tier'

Characters cannot be called 1-A, or even Tier 1, for existing in, or affecting, the Promethean Galaxy/Final Barrier/Source Wall. It should be obvious why: this realm exists on every level of reality. A Tier 4 being that portals themselves to the outer edge of their reality to the Promethean Galaxy is still a Tier 4 being, and they are only experiencing the Promethean Galaxy on a lower-dimensional level.

POM already cleared that.

Then we have the six dimension that's beyond imagination and everything in the MOTM.
And highest plane of existence in current DC it can only be accessed by the monitor brothers and perpetua their mother whose of the hands race and the creator of the six dimension.
Mr mxyzptlk could only access it cause the source wall was broken open.
The Sphere of the Gods (itself, not necessarily all the realms in it) formed around the prior Creation made by Perpetua and Alpheus called it fiction. Everything you need to know is in POM blog and they are many things I skipped intentionally or you can read everything on the blog.
The Overvoid transends this creation and the greater omniverse as explained in grant Morrison IGN page the Overvoid sees the whole of DC as fiction/story.

I tried but the blog explained better🤝.

Dc has many metaphysical realms
The sphere of gods is one of them and a platonic archetypal world so its 1A. But its seen as an outlier for the new gods, tho 1A darkseid coming up this infinite frontier.
The blog has better explanation of everything of DC cosmology and the metaphysical realms and a good explanation about the sphere of gods.
Based on the MOTM the limbo transcends the sphere of gods.
The monitor sphere is home of NIL and Nil is an archetypal world and more explanations of NiL is given in the blog that it's better for you to read then me summarising it to you.
The entirety of the monitor sphere are just thoughts of the Overvoid.
Nil is a world inhabited by primal forms.
Then we have the source wall
The Source Wall surrounds the entire DC Multiverse, separating it from the Overvoid. It exists in all realms and transects all dimensions. Due to the inconsistent nature of comics, there have been a few times where passing through the Source Wall only on a universal level allows beings to travel between universes, either into the Bleed or into past versions of Creation.
from the blog but I didn't add the promethean galaxy cause I believe you read JL2018
Tier'

Characters cannot be called 1-A, or even Tier 1, for existing in, or affecting, the Promethean Galaxy/Final Barrier/Source Wall. It should be obvious why: this realm exists on every level of reality. A Tier 4 being that portals themselves to the outer edge of their reality to the Promethean Galaxy is still a Tier 4 being, and they are only experiencing the Promethean Galaxy on a lower-dimensional level.
POM already cleared that.

Then we have the six dimension that's beyond imagination and everything in the MOTM.
And highest plane of existence in current DC it can only be accessed by the monitor brothers and perpetua their mother whose of the hands race and the creator of the six dimension.
Mr mxyzptlk could only access it cause the source wall was broken open.
The Sphere of the Gods (itself, not necessarily all the realms in it) formed around the prior Creation made by Perpetua and Alpheus called it fiction. Everything you need to know is in POM blog and they are many things I skipped intentionally or you can read everything on the blog.
The Overvoid transends this creation and the greater omniverse as explained in grant Morrison IGN page the Overvoid sees the whole of DC as fiction/story.

I tried but the blog explained better🤝.
Being platonic is not anymore good enough for 1-A so the first sentence is not correct.

Everything is in POM Blog.
That Blog is heavily outdated. With the new standards, the Overvoid is 1-A at best, and that's why a revision is in the work to downgrade the entire verse.
But since that revision will take a long time to be completed, for now I agree with starting to downgrade some of the characters like the Overvoid and the Writer.

The reasoning for the downgrade is different than what I had in mind but he has no business being in High 1-A anyway. So I suppose I agree. The justifications can be tackled with the later DC Comics revisions.

So what Tier would be given to Overvoid if the downgrade takes place? 1-A?, Also I agree

Being platonic is not anymore good enough for 1-A so the first sentence is not correct.
It was stated so in the blog by POM so he gave more evidence also in it. You can check it when you have time.
That Blog is heavily outdated. With the new standards, the Overvoid is 1-A at best, and that's why a revision is in the work to downgrade the entire verse.
But since that revision will take a long time to be completed, for now I agree with starting to downgrade some of the characters like the Overvoid and the Writer.
I didn't say Overvoid is High1A just said 1A to 1A+
If final heaven and Eonymous still had a page I'm prolly sure they would be high1A

The reasoning for the downgrade is different than what I had in mind but he has no business being in High 1-A anyway. So I suppose I agree. The justifications can be tackled with the later DC Comics revisions.
Yeah.
This is severe downplay
It's wikis rule bro that's why DC and marvel have a standard for consistency without it then yeah Overvoid can be high 1A but with how inconsistent comic book characters are I agree with Overvoid being 1A to 1A+.
What about The Presence's Tiering?
1A also with source and oversoul.

Got lectures this morning,off to class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back