• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

causing some pain to Ainz with the assistance of hitting with bludgeoning damage, which is one of Ainz's weaknesses

So basically back-scaling from the 6-C calc

except this is with the assistance of a weakness, and Ainz even states the Evil Lord would be "hard pressed" to stand against him, even with help from the enhanced doppelgangers

Considering we already have Ainz's SS far lower than his AP I don't see why the same case for Demiurge is an issue, although when I originally made the profile I wasn't aware Demiurge didn't scale to them physically.

I'm not sure if those stats are too reliable in general, but again I have no objections to Demi's SS being 7-B.

I will say magically enhancing his SS through skills should bring it back to 6-C though.

Overlord Character 007
Honestly both of Demiurge's offensive stats are low compared to other lvl 100s.
I just checked Demi's Magic attack is literally only 1 point higher than Nabe's.

meanwhile his resistances and special are maxed, supporting the image that he's a support summoner even more

If we take the sheets literally, the scaling could get weird real quick. However even if, say, Yuri could one-shot Ainz, his Physical Immunity up to level 60 would block it, so levels are very important in YGGDRASIL from more than just a stats perspective

I honestly don't know how we want to handle the sheets

With buffing from Aureole Omega, doppel-CZ could interrupt Ainz casting a spell by shooting his arm, with Ainz wondering how she overcame the level difference before realizing she was being buffed, so I don't know what that means in regards to this situation

Although, CZ's Physical Attack is about equal to Ainz's Physical Defense, so really the only thing seeming to stop CZ from hurting Ainz regularly is his Physical Immunity from attacks below level 60

Apeironaxim said:
Although, CZ's Physical Attack is about equal to Ainz's Physical Defense, so really the only thing seeming to stop CZ from hurting Ainz regularly is his Physical Immunity from attacks below level 60
scaling.exe has stopped responding

The only certain scaling that will work is Ainz's Magic Attack or his Special stat, whichever one Super Tier magic scales to in-verse, due to that being what grants him his 6-C rank.

Unless we just decide to disregard the sheets entirely and go on feats only

It may also be possible that certain races benefit more from the same stat number than others. For example, a dragon with 50 physical attack would probably still be much stronger than a human with 50 physical attack.

FDrybob said:
It may also be possible that certain races benefit more from the same stat number than others. For example, a dragon with 50 physical attack would probably still be much stronger than a human with 50 physical attack.
If it was true, we would have no way of proving it afaik

IMO we should just disregard the stat sheets given how ridiculously far apart the different level groups' AP are in the universe.

Like level 20s are an entire six something odd subtiers away from level 50s who also are orders of magnitude behind top tiers.

So looking at feats while using the sheets maybe for guiding rankings within comparable level groups might be the best solution.

Until we know more about how the stat sheets represent the characters actual abilities, I also think we should pay more attention to the feats

At least if someone like CZ hurts Ainz without being buffed too much it would make sense, as again, her Physical Attack is equal to Ainz's Physical Defense. The only reason CZ can't hurt Ainz regularly is his Immuntity to Physical Attacks below level 60

But of course that needs to happen first

Where is it stated Skeletal Dragons would pose a threat to people like fully armored Gazef?

Didn't Gagaran say she could beat two at once?

I don't remember it being stated, and it wouldn't make much sense either since Gagaran can defeat them.

If the several thousand undead were zombies and skeletons, then it wouldn't be a problem. I could break through. I could probably also manage two skeletal dragons somehow...

That's from Gagaran, so I don't see how they would pose a threat to fully armored Gazef and Clementine

Apeironaxim said:
That's from Gagaran, so I don't see how they would pose a threat to fully armored Gazef and Clementine
What level of adventurer is Gagaran again?

I was going off of Khajiit's estimation of Narberal limiting herself as Nabe being Mythril-Orichalcum, might have mixed the ranks with people on Clem/Gazef's level, which would be my bad.

iirc I think they were estibated to be level 48 somewhere too.

Dargoo Faust said:
iirc I think they were estibated to be level 48 somewhere too.
According to the wiki, that's from the Web Novel, and even then that's referring to difficulty ranking, which is different from levels

How would we rank it?

Gagaran can take two of them, and she's below Brain according to WoG

So would they be straight 8-C, since that's where we have Brain?

Or is a "Likely" more appropriate?

Likely would work better, yeah. .

Also, is 7-B magic resistance good or nah? IDK if 6th Tier falls under 7-B.

Considering Magic Attack is it's own stat that can vary in Overlord, I still don't agree with assigning attack potency to Tiers of spells

Shalltear's magic resistance can even negate 10th Tier spells from weak casters, but only 1st Tier spells from Ainz, due to his strength as a caster.

So I think what spells are capable of is a case-by-case basis, so I'm not sure of 7-B magic resistance

It really deends on who is casting. Ainz should be around at least large mountain to island level with a 6th tier but lvl 50ish casters like Nabe, Fluder etc would only be city

AnonymousBlank said:
It really deends on who is casting. Ainz should be around at least large mountain to island level with a 6th tier but lvl 50ish casters like Nabe, Fluder etc would only be city
Considering what was said about how Shalltear's magic resistance works, I do think how much damage a spell can do scales from the stats of the one casting it, so I agree with that

That is also supported by Ainz's fight with Wrath. Thanks to his high magic defense stat, Ainz could afford to almost ignore most of Wrath's spells since even though he can use 10th tier spells, Wrath's spellcasting abilities are far below his physical abilities.

As the Evil Lord closed in and punched him again, Ainz began to get worried.

While there was quite a large level difference between the two and he still had some room for laxity, he could not simply allow himself to continue getting beaten up like this.

According to Ainz a level difference of 16 is "quite large" (Ainz is level 100, Wrath is 84)

That is already apparent since Evileye can destroy a city at around level 50 while Gazef can only destroy buildings at around level 30.

Yeah, levels are practically exponential in regards to the feats/power increase. That's sort of why I pushed hard for Jaldy to not be ranked at 6-C, as he is still far behind Ainz, who isn't that high into 6-C to begin with.

Also, I found this compilation of character levels (Some of them are incorrect as they're based of difficulty), but perhaps it might be worth looking it over for placing characters in tiers.

I will say though; is there any lower-tier feats (Clem/Gazef level) that I can calc? I feel like everything revolving around Iguva's feat stonewalls a lot of people who should honestly be deeper into Tier 8 or even slightly into Tier 7 before they start getting comparable to Evileye.

Overlord doesn't give out many feats unfortunately

There's the Skeletal Dragons breaking up from underground, but the camera angle doesn't really focus on it

I can't really think of good feats for the lower tiers, as there's a good amount of the old generic "stronger than steel/other metals" statements that don't help at all

So I found a really decent respect thread, and there's a number of feats/abilities that are unaccounted for atm.

Just to start off though:

Originally it was supposed to be a whip with the rough shape of an arc, but it turned out to shoot out at an unimaginable angle. This whip was like an extension of Entoma's hand, and bent in an S shape, before it launched at Gagaran with the speed of lightning.
It was a living creature at the same time as it was a weapon, and struck in an unnatural way for a weapon. Even greatly experienced adventurers had never heard of this, let alone experienced facing it before. When seeing it for the first time, not knowing what to do was the natural reaction.
Outlier or nah?

Back