• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Discussion Mk.VI

They do consistently blitz supersonic characters

Like Shalltear being too fast for Brain's Field to track her and many others

granted I doubt that was her full speed, but for now Supersonic+ is best for them, and we shall wait for better speed feats

Imo getting hit by it doesn't unquestionably mean they are unable to react though unless it is stated. Then again we're headed for end game so there should be a-lot of outliers coming up lol, as well genuine feats that seem that way because of series suddenly turning up the volume on 'action'.

From a crouching tiger to a leaping dragons, or something like that.

hell, I think we went for Supersonic+ as a lowball iirc

Because Shalltear's heat trail thing could also be interpreted as Hypersonic, but there wasn't enough description to say for sure

Honestly, i'd rather more concrete AP feats then speed feats for Overlord as it is

speed will always be equalized anyway, speed is a useless statistic

even just having a "This spell will destroy the entire city" would be nice

Closest we have is Dominion Authority, but we're not sure if it means overtime or not

Thing that makes it awkward is high damage is not synonymous with massive destruction in Overlord

Massive AOE spell? Low damage

World Item that specifically does better against large areas and structures? Low damage

Overlord just doesn't mesh well with this wiki's system

That just means other things are concentrated. Also the way you phrased it makes it sound like the AoE fallacy

if a spell makes a crater, we can calc that

We can't calc the energy of a holy pillar of light

Concentrated don't mean anything if we can't put a value to it

Ok

what my post was trying to say then, is that if we get, say, an 8th tier spell that destroys a city, then we can probably say at least 9th tier and higher damage spells would have similar power/AP unless stated to be inferior, meaning we could scale

But Overlord barely gives us that

We barely get feats at all

—and Demiurge's call to battle came through.
Shalltear knew what that meant. Despite herself, she looked over to the distance, but she could not sense a presence.
"Is that the effect of Master's ring?"
One of the rings that Ainz wore would completely conceal him from all kinds of divination-type magic. It was normally issued to all the guardians, but it could also erase the presence of the ruler of the Great Tomb of Nazarick.

This is Extrasensory Perception right?

I'm not sure. It's an extremely common trope in Japanese media for fighters to be able to "sense presences" without having any powers at all.

I mean, it's stated to also be the effect of the anti-diviniation ring to erase his presense

Also Shalltear clearly has powers

Not to mention Ainz would be a decent distance away

I get the fact it's a trope, but the addition of the explanation about the ring and how it erases Ainz's presence makes it seem a whole lot more likely it is actual sensing, aka Extrasensory Perception

ah, so do you agree Shalltear should get Extrasensory Perception?

And Ainz would end up getting resistance to it because of his ring?

Doesn't that have to do with that thing about how the Nazarick people can feel Ainz's aura? Which is why even dressing in entirely new armor didn't mean much and they knew instantly it was him.

But if it's scaled up from Brain I guess it can be added.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Doesn't that have to do with that thing about how the Nazarick people can feel Ainz's aura? Which is why even dressing in entirely new armor didn't mean much and they knew instantly it was him.
But if it's scaled up from Brain I guess it can be added.
I thought it was just that at first, but then she senses Climb, as well as the fact the ring is stated to erase Ainz's presence along with blocking him from divination magic

Along with Shalltear getting Extrasensory Perception, Ainz would get resistance to it right?

That sound good?

So hello I'm new to this but I've been lurking in this community for a while now and I often see debates about Overlords Tier justification and supposed lack of usable feats.

so I thought I should mention that Mare has some earthquake feats that might be able to be used which are also not Super Tier magic because NPC's don't have access to that (I hope this hasn't been brought up before)

If you mean when he did it when they met Jircniv, I think it was brought up, but was eyeballed to probably not even hit Tier 7 for AP

Could be wrong though, no harm in checking

If it didn't shake quite a lot and in a big area, it is unlikely to provide much. We even have a general earthquake intensity chart page in here or something.

Yeah, you need around Magnitude 8 or above for 7-B or above.

Unless for some reason we decide to think Mare is powering all of the earthquake from start to finish, which could bump it up but would still need something like Magnitude 4 or 5 I think? And may just be counted as enviromental destruction.

I didn't specifically mean the time he did it in the empire. He also did it during Jaldabaoths attack on the re estize capital as a signal for the maids iirc.

Back