• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Discussion Mk.VI

I don't know if this can be considered as a feat or not, but apparently Ainz destroyed the mountain when fighting against Cure Elim in the side history if we take the official artwork at face value

I have a feeling that Six Great Gods has WI "Wuxing" and change te New World by adding Level Magic into it.

Btw I haven't found Clem creating vacuum, could someone post a quote with it please.

Using light huh, something as bright as this doesn't give out as much as you think but it's a nice way to look at it, pretty sure I saw somewhere that lighting up the entire planet Earth was like 6-C and that was more than a few seconds.

It sucks that because of the statements of countries being "destroyed" can mean just devoid of life, it's hard to tell if other similar destorying statements can be taken seriously

Damn you Overlord and your choice of words and lack of feats

Other than him saying it has instant death properties along with crushing the heart, there's his explanation of TGOALID which can be used to extrapolate Grasp Heart having instant death properties:

Thus augmented, those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time had passed.

Ainz doesn't exclude any spells from his explanation, so that means all Instant Death spells, including GH, would kill their target, or in this case, Shalltear.

Considering Shalltear doesn't need a heart to survive, hell it's described as "unbeating" in the same volume iirc, due to being undead, this means the only thing that would kill her if GH was used would be a instant death effect.

The pen or the sword said:
Can I get a scan explaining ainz grasp heart working via instant death rather then simply crushing the heart?
Death: 8th tier spell that instantly kills the target without any activation time or requirements. It is similar to grasp heart, but does not require the caster to crush the heart, and does not have its secondary stun effect

Nope I think it would fall to mid

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

I consider almost having you head cut in half Severe brain damage....

Btw Trolls in Overlord has an amazing Regenerationn.

Well, that's a Troll for you; with their Regenerationn, they can even come back to life after being reduced to mincemeat.

I looked at the description we have of TGOALID and found something interesting:

The Goal of All Life is Death: This special skill is one of Ainz's most powerful abilities and comes from the Eclipse-class, which is one of the hardest classes to get because it requires the Overlord class with spells specialized in necromancy and instant death type magics. The Eclipse class lets the user become a true lord of death, a life-consuming Eclipse. Once activated, this skill delays any of the caster's instant death type spells for 12 seconds but allows them to ignore any types of resistance - even immunities or immortality. Ainz used this spell with Widen Magic and Cry of the Banshee, which then killed everything within 200m (living beings, undead, oxygen, earth, water, etc), turning the area into a desolate wasteland and poisoning the air. The cooldown of this skill is 100 hours. It is not possible to resist this spell, with the only counter being that one must use either an item or skill that would cause them to be revived before the 12 seconds pass.

The LN clearly states that having a resurrection effect on yourself is actually how you do resist TGOALID:

Ainz's trump card, [The Goal Of All Life Is Death] strengthened the effect of instant death magic and skills. Thus augmented, those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time had passed.
One could resist it by using a resurrection effect on themselves within 12 seconds, as Shalltear had.

TGOALID's effect is to strengthen death spells so that they bypass resistances and immunities. So by resisting TGOALID, Shalltear was, at best, only being hit by regular Cry of the Banshee, which she would resist anyway.

Aah, I see. So you mean TGOALID is nullified with a resurrection effect but the death hax is still present. Something else I just remembered was that Ainz thought of using time stop to delay Cure while TGOALID was ticking, he didn't want Ia Shub-Niggurath to get disrupted, so it seems super-tier works in time-stop (no the spell just the timer), not sure about TGOALID though.

He would not give Cure Elim any time to strategize. This was the moment of truth. If he allowed Cure Elim to raise his defense by even a little, or if ÒÇîIa Shub-NiggurathÒÇì was disrupted, then it would spell defeat for Suzuki Satoru.

Certainly, he could have cast ÒÇîTime StopÒÇì. However, ÒÇîTime StopÒÇì had been ineffective against the Brightness Dragon Lord which he had fought before, which meant that it was very likely that it would also be useless against the Dragon Lord Cure Elim's original body. However, it ought to be effective against the Zombies surrounding Cure Elim. If those Zombies had the same defensive strength as Cure Elim, then his first round of attack spells would have been ineffective, and he would not have been able to defeat so many Zombies.

In other words, they were not equipped with magic items.

TGOALID starts ticking down when the spell is cast

As the only way to have a spell take effect in Time Stop is to delay to activate once Time Stop ends, TGOALID's timer wouldn't start until the end of Time Stop anyway

Also, he was saying that in the event Shub was interupted, he would be in a bad spot

The Time Stop part has nothing to do with it

Remember, Super Tier magic can be interupted by damaging the caster a little

So, as my first post was getting to, we need to change the description of TGOALID and Shalltear's resurrection effect to reflect how it is explained it functions in the LN

He is worrying about the spells disruption then mentions how he could have used time-stop if he's opponent didn't have resistance. If you're worrying about your opponent hitting you before your spell goes off, then you mention how time-stop could solve this, that would mean he can use them in conjunction. Or i'm I missing common sense here?

Shub wouldn't be able to be interrupted while in Time Stop even assuming it worked, as Super Tier spells are interrupted by damage, which doesn't happen in Time Stop

So Ainz worrying it will get disrupted in Time Stop literally wouldn't make sense

Why is Ainz worrying about it being interrupted in time-stop? He says how he could have used time-stop in the situation if it weren't for his opponents possible resistance. My first post is pretty clear, Ia Shub-Niggurath + Time stop and that it's timer would still work just not the effects, also a 'timer' or a 'delayed' effect isn't new, Ainz did use [delay] for his death spell in time-stop that should have a timer relative to the casters time even in time-stop as Ainz had timed it so that activated after time-stop finished.

I find it very hard to believe one can cast other spells while preparing a Super Tier spell

Hell, you can't even move freely while preparing it

For the longest time didn't people think TGOALID didn't allow Ainz to use any spells? Probably was not the case here though (this site). Anyways I consider both valid, your point and mine

the whole Super Tier spells + Time Stop can be debated at some other time

I just want to establish how we describe TGOALID on this site is wrong and doesn't follow how it's actually explained

Just in case there's any confusion, here's basically how it works:

TGOALID has the effect of strengthening death spells to bypass resistances

Having a resurrection effect on yourself lets you resist that effect

But you will still be hit by the base death spell

Basically, resurrection effects just lets you resist the resistance negation

Just wanting to make this as clear as possible

So, is there any possible doubt to this?

Personally i feel the text spells it out plain as day, so i don't think there is anything to argue

Should i wait, or make the correction?

The pen or the sword said:
Yeah that all sounds accurate to me, not sure if it will ever be relevant in a vs debate but it will be good to clarify the ability more clearly.
tbf the 12 second wait basically killed any possibility of getting used in a Vs match

Back