• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Discussion Mk.VI

Mare Earthquake
This is the feat in the Empire, but yeah, doesn't look Tier 7 impressive, but what do I know?

Idk. tier 7 AP would mean atleast a magnitude 6 earthquake from the earthquake power chart on this wiki.

and a magnitude 6 is characterized by strong and violent shaking in the epicentrical area and being felt in a large area (which we don't get to see because only the palace is shown) but it certainly did look like violent shaking in the epicenter

not to mention that the one baharuth caused pretty big fissures in the ground which only strong earthquakes can do. for example the chi chi earthquake in taiwan which was 7.3 magnitude caused 45 feet ground offsets (thats 13m) which imo appears to be less than the fissures that mare made in the ground.

also the Tohoku earthquake which was magnitude 8.9 caused ground offsets of 150 feet (about 45m)

I got that from here: https://seismo.berkeley.edu/blog/2017/05/04/The-mystery-about-earthquake_fissures.html

don't know if thats valid

The Empire earthquake is described to be localized, probably because magic shenanigans, and Jircniv didn't even feel strong shaking

"For starters, let's kill everyone here! Mare!"
The other dark elf standing by his side thrusted her staff toward the courtyard. In that instant, a localized earthquake seemed to shake the courtyard. Because it was contained, Jircniv did not feel much of the strong shaking.

The only calcable part is the fissures

InfiniteSped said:
Small scale earthquakes like that won't be usuable anymore, afaik
i'm sure it won't hit Tier 7, but what about the above feat would not be usable?

The only other feat i can think of is the Dominion Authority stated to be able to reduce people to "sightless atoms", which sounds like atomization

hmmmm

could that be a feat to scale Lakyus to?

We could just use the value for doing it to a human

although it would probably only apply to her and those above her, since her sword is much superior in terms of power to most people her rank iirc

Atomizing is like 8-C IIRC, what I aimed for was the entire beam, doesn't matter where you stand in it, your bonds are gone. But it seems that isn't applicable.

Three gigajoules, it seems, or 0,71 tons of TNT. Less than what they have now, but she did use it against several demons at once, so it should be higher.

Lakyus channelled most of her remaining mana into Kilineyram. The stars in its body began to shine with an unearthly radiance, and the body of the blade swelled up as well.

"Super move! [Dark Blade Mega Impact]!"

With a horizontal sweep, black power flowed out in a vast, slashing wave. The lower ranking demons were reduced to sightless atoms by the explosive burst of non-elemental energy.

Strictly speaking, calling the attack was not necessary, but if it worked, it worked. However—

"Still... not... enough?!"

Lakyus' tired eyes could only see a veritable wall of low-tier demons. Although she had just blown away so many of them in one stroke, the breach she made had been immediately filled back up.

i'm just going by what Bambu said in that blog

And that 0.22 tons is super close to 8-C, it makes sense they moved up a tier

either way it would be higher

is it simple enough to multiply it by however many demons we agree on she killed?

or is that not how it works?

we typically use human values when dealing with things like this, so unless it somehow stated to be different, using human values should be fine

hell, demons should be far more durable than humans

Im not sure but Im pretty sure the anime covers this scene, this seems like the time to use it as the lightnovel doesn't give us any context for the numbers...

We would just assume they are the same physically while making alterations if their size differs a lot.

But the wording implies quite a lot of demons, so certainly not 3. The demons are described as a wall and her attack as making a breach. At least 5 or above should work.

Thing would be, making sure if it really counts as atomization.

what else would "sightless atoms" count as?

since that seems to be a concern if it can count as atomization

Well atoms are typically invisible to the naked eye and thus sightless without absurd vision so the quote would just be saying they get reduced to atoms. Not really sure if it could mean anything else tbh.

Apparently the Elder Litch lizardmen defeated is the same level as Stronoff. So maybe the lizardmen should be downgraded to 9-A (because it took 3 of them to defeat Igva) while the realm of heroes should be downgraded to 9-A+.

Maruyama stated that Gazeff is around level 30 if I recall correct.

But anyway I was wrong. That Elder Lich is only level 22 normally but he can amp it up to level 30

Back