• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Optimus Prime vs. Son Goku (Super Saiyan Blue) {11-13-0}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drite77 said:
>Consistant Scaling
More like, official hieght, cause it ain't that consistant
Yeah, some of the shows couldn't keep it consistent within the same episode.

That kind of changed when they switched to CGI for the shows, but it still has to happen in comics between different artists, right?

Yeah, some of the shows couldn't keep it consistent within the same episode.

That kind of changed when they switched to CGI for the shows, but it still has to happen in comics between different artists, right?

Exactly right. It obviously varied by artist, but his official height is 38'.

CalebTB12 said:
Exactly right. It obviously varied by artist, but his official height is 38'.
I thought it was kind of a fandom in-joke how inconsistent things were in terms of the visual height of characters. I wasn't trying to say anything about the page or the actual canon height of Optimus. Thought someone might've gotten a chuckle out of it.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I thought it was kind of a fandom in-joke how inconsistent things were in terms of the visual height of characters. I wasn't trying to say anything about the page or the actual canon height of Optimus. Thought someone might've gotten a chuckle out of it.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Definitely. My brother and I have had our fair share of discussions about scaling inconsistencies lol. I didn't intend to sound rude.

CalebTB12 said:
Definitely. My brother and I have had our fair share of discussions about scaling inconsistencies lol. I didn't intent to sound rude.
It's all good, my dude. You weren't rude.

With all that said, Optimus FRA.

Matt10sha said:
Optimus via sheer experience and AP.
Counted. And good call on the experience. I think a lot of folks underestimate just how experienced these guys are.

Optimus Prime's AP justification looks really weak. Nothing suggests Low 2-C / 2-C to me.

AKM sama said:
Optimus Prime's AP justification looks really weak. Nothing suggests Low 2-C / 2-C to me.
He can damage those who can harm himself, and he survived a nigh-2-C level attack from Regenesis Shockwave, who was simultaneously absorbing a universe and destroying another in base form. Optimus also manhandled Nova Prime (IDW), who has full control over a universe and can literally bend it to his will.

Also, I find it extremely pleasing that my father figure is beating Son Goku of all people.

Not sure why Optimus is winning via AP here? I thought this thread's general consensus was that they're about the same in AP. His scaling to Regenesis Shockwave is "Surivived", not "Tanked" so it at best counts towards his survivability and not general tankiness.

Yeah, Optimus was completely unscathed by that blast. At most he was winded by it. Same can be said for his equal, Megatron.

How does Optimus have higher AP than Goku again? Although Optimus has more experience that Goku, Goku doesn't only relies on physical blows and he has laughably better range than Optimus. I vote for Goku via versatility and range. Also how skilled in battle is Optimus? I know he has 4.000.000 years of experience, but that doesn't mean much without feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back