• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Optimus Prime vs. Son Goku (Super Saiyan Blue) {11-13-0}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Icarus said:
Shockwave>Zamasu though by virtue of his rating.
That's... not how it works. One character could have "possibly" for a tier and then when using that key the first character can have higher AP than the one that is without a doubt that tier.

Goku has matched up with beings with YEARS of experience lol. Hit for example is 1000 years+ old, Beerus is 200+ million years old and was surprised by Goku's BoG SSJG form. Majin Buu as Fat Buu is 5,000,000 Years old and Kid Buu had exist since the beginning of time but was awoken by Bibidi 5,000,000 years ago as well.

LordTracer said:
He can damage those who can harm himself, and he survived a nigh-2-C level attack from Regenesis Shockwave, who was simultaneously absorbing a universe and destroying another in base form. Optimus also manhandled Nova Prime (IDW), who has full control over a universe and can literally bend it to his will.
That's good n all. But this should be made more obvious on his profile.

Don't most of those guys have been sleep for most of the time? I remember hearing someone say that for Beerus, and the Buus that Goku faced are not really that skilled when you compare than to other characters of the show.

LordTracer said:
His profile links to both Shockwave's and Nova Prime's profiles, is it really necessary to detail both of their feats on Prime's as well?
I didn't see Shockwave since it was in the durability section (evidence link is broken here). And the links in Nova Prime's profile are broken too.

Drite77 said:
Don't most of those guys have been sleep for most of the time? I remember hearing someone say that for Beerus, and the Buus that Goku faced are not really that skilled when you compare than to other characters of the show.
Buu had an hibernation cycle but that still represent million of years of active presence, same for Beerus.

Beerus and Buu have both been shown to at least momentarily outskill Goku (until Goku turned the tables on them and in Beerus's case, Goku failed to fully do so) so no, they are pretty much top tier in terms of skill.

AwkguyDB said:
Goku has matched up with beings with YEARS of experience lol. Hit for example is 1000 years+ old, Beerus is 200+ million years old and was surprised by Goku's BoG SSJG form. Majin Buu as Fat Buu is 5,000,000 Years old and Kid Buu had exist since the beginning of time but was awoken by Bibidi 5,000,000 years ago as well.
Keep in mind that Optimus is still vastly more intelligent than Goku and those characters.

I didn't see Shockwave since it was in the durability section (evidence link is broken here). And the links in Nova Prime's profile are broken too.

Fixed the link, on Megatron's page as well.

I'll vote for Optimus for being closer to a 2-C imo and having more proven skill and intelligence. Also we should really buff the range on the blasters of the IDW pages since they're like either sub-relativistic or relativistic in terms of projectile speed.

Not Icarus said:
I'll vote for Optimus for being closer to a 2-C imo and having more proven skill and intelligence. Also we should really buff the range on the blasters of the IDW pages since they're like either sub-relativistic or relativistic in terms of projectile speed.
Probably need a CRT first. And counted.

Not Icarus said:
I don't see how Optimus is closer to 2-C given that Goku is quantifiably halfway there while Optimus has no such quantified scailing and i don't see how Optimus would be more skilled than Goku of all people.

I don't see how Optimus is closer to 2-C given that Goku is quantifiably halfway there while Optimus has no such quantified scailing and i don't see how Optimus would be more skilled than Goku of all people.

4,000,000 years of fighting in martial arts that Goku wouldn't even recognize?

Dragomer said:
Because Optimus scales far above Shockwave's feat that's basically baseline 2-C?

Lord Ace900 said:
Optimus intelligence is in planning and leadership not fighting skill so much base on he's profile
What I said still stands. I thought I added it to the profile already.

LordTracer said:
Dragomer said:
Because Optimus scales far above Shockwave's feat that's basically baseline 2-C?
Can't have a fight between a 2-C and a low 2-C, that's not how this site works so you go with the low 2-C interpretation of whatever Optimus did and from how it looks, it's far from being as clear cut as 'halfway 2-C' to say how far into the tier he is.

CalebTB12 said:
and like @Awkguy said he has fought guys with millions of years of experience even further ahead of Optimus, and the guy achieved and almost mastered a technique not even they could touch in under an hour.

CalebTB12 said:
Recognizing the martial arts style or not mean nothing, Optimus wouldn't recognize any of Goku's move either and Goku fough Buu and Beerus, who are far older than 4 million years old, Fat Buu alone is 5 million year old while Kid Buu existed since time immemorial , hell even Shin is at least 5 million years old and use stuff Goku never saw before yet i never saw anyone argue that he was more skilled than Goku just for that.

Lord Ace900 said:
Optimus intelligence is in planning and leadership not fighting skill so much base on he's profile
Optimus is equally skilled in leadership, planning, and combat. He has been frequently in the frontlines alongside his troops and is comparable to Megatron who used to be a gladiator in his early days.

Dragomer said:
Can't have a fight between a 2-C and a low 2-C, that's not how this site works so you go with the low 2-C interpretation of whatever Optimus did and from how it looks, it's far from being as clear cut as 'halfway 2-C' to say how far into the tier he is.
That is Optimus' Low 2-C interpretation. I don't see how Optimus surviving an attack stronger than Shockwave's normal AP that can simultaneously absorb one universe and destroy another isn't clear cut.

LordTracer said:
Dragomer said:
That is Optimus' Low 2-C interpretation. I don't see how Optimus surviving an attack stronger than Shockwave's normal AP that can simultaneously absorb one universe and destroy another isn't clear cut.
That's not the low 2-C interpretation, no selling a 2-C attack and 'being able to hurt people who can hurt him' would be 2-C straight up, you're using the 2-C interpretation, the low 2-C interpretation basicaly make it the same as when Goku survived Infinite Zamasu's genocide blast, which is far below halfway 2-C.

Not Icarus said:
Lord Ace900 said:
Optimus is equally skilled in leadership, planning, and combat. He has been frequently in the frontlines alongside his troops and is comparable to Megatron who used to be a gladiator in his early days.
Fighting with troupes in the frontlines is in no way a mesure of Optimus fighting skills and none of Megatron's skill feat during his gladiator days make me see him as more skilled than Goku so Optimus being comparable in skill doesn't mean much here.

GojiBoyForever said:
Ionliosite said:
As I said, without clear feats even 2x10^33 years of experience doesn't mean that much.
You're joking right?
If you pass 20 nonillion years failing to properly pull of a high kick, you can cry about experience all you want, you're still not outskilling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back