• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Optimus Prime vs. Son Goku (Super Saiyan Blue) {11-13-0}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Litteraly none of those scans depict skills beyond normal, hell they don't even really count as skill feats, they are just strenghts feats. Anyone with eyes should be able to tell he has some sort of form behind his fighting, and that's not just throwing punches randomly. I'm also fairly certain we already came to the conclusion this wasn't a contest of skill, yes?
And anyone with eyes can see that Batman and Karate Kid have no form behind their fighting, does that mean we consider them shit tier ? no, we go by what is demonstrated through fit and statement, not by if their forms look like something IRL and none of those scans said or shown anything related to skill.

I'm not the one who started the 'who is more skilled' thing, it was brough up by the Optimus guys so say that to them, in the meantime no skill feat have been produced in his favor.

I did say it to everyone, earlier. And you continued it, regardless of who started it. And wth do you mean Batman and KK don't have form? They both do. And you must possess some degree of skill to have a fighting form.

Theinbetweener1 said:
Optimus FRA and active (successful) battle experience, especially 4 million years of it should be more than enough to put Prime on adequate levels of skill. As mentioned above, skill shouldn't be that big of a factor at this point.
Counted.

This is heading nowhere tbh. Wanna call it an inconclusive? Both votes are equal.

What are the reasonings for Optimus winning?

It's AP and Skill advantage, right?

Well, my comment goes on to disprove that Optimus has the AP advantage, and the fact that Goku has fought being with similar if not greater battle experience goes on to disprove that reasoning as well.

From what I see, Goku is the stronger of the two, while Optimus is the more skilled opponent with higher stamina.

Honestly, I just see it being inconclusive.

Migue79 said:
AP, skill advantage, stamina, experience and intelligence iirc
And all of those were disproven or had nothing supporting it to begin with, only leaving inteligence in Optimus's favor, which wouldn't really help in this scenario.

And all of those were disproven or had nothing supporting it to begin with, only leaving inteligence in Optimus's favor, which wouldn't really help in this scenario.

Stamina was not disproven. Goku his never demonstrated the ability to fight, actually fight for than a few hours, if that, whereas Optimus and Megatron have fought on the frontlines for weeks at a time.

As far as I know Optimus really didn't have the AP advantage as that was disproven and the skill advantage and experience is not really going to help in this situation for Optimus to win. Honestly Experience and Skill is needed when fighting someone like Goku. I guess we can count Stamina though that may or may not come into play leaving really intelligence but like I said above Goku has come across some of the most intelligent fighters in the Dragon Ball multiverse. Fighters who are considered prodigies (Ex. Frieza)

CalebTB12 said:
Stamina was not disproven. Goku his never demonstrated the ability to fight, actually fight for than a few hours, if that, whereas Optimus and Megatron have fought on the frontlines for weeks at a time.
Stamina HAS been disproven, the fight isn't gonna take a whole day, especialy at their speed.

Once again, a WW2 soldier has been in the frontline for months at a time, that doesn't mean shit and even if we go with the 'they fough nonstop during the whole war' that isn't supported by anything, the fight won't ever come to that, both Goku and Optimus finish their 1 on 1 fights in minutes, especialy against opponents near or above their level.

I'm going with Goku, far more into Low 2-C, probably has the skill advantage as he has fought more experienced people before with ease. Also Goku would attack Optimus joints just like he did with Bergamo, Optimus may not be as large, but that tactic may apply.

Ionliosite said:
Why was this added? Grace for Incon haven't eneded yet.
The rules for this situation aren't very specific. It says: If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive. And that's it. Nothing about Grace.

Yeah technically speaking some of the votes for Optimus should be taken back into consideration since the reasons for Optimus were already discussed to have no major impact on this battle.

Ionliosite said:
No matter the outcome, you always have to wait for grace before adding a match.
Thanks for clearing that up. That being said, this thread is now open for voting again (yay).

Ionliosite said:
- Much better AP

- Better skill feats

- More versatility

- Better range
I was under the impression that AP was at least close to even. Goku scales to Infinite Zamasu, Optimus tanked a shot from regenesis Shockwave.

Infinite Zamasu is basically fodder to Goku on this key, the only reason he won't be able to defeat him is because of he's non-corporeal.

I was under the impression that AP was at least close to even. Goku scales to Infinite Zamasu, Optimus tanked a shot from regenesis Shockwave.

Actually no, Goku scales about Jiren in his first fight against UI Goku due to being able to bring out a fragment of his (Jiren's) True Power and that initial UI Goku scales above Zamasu.

SSB Goku > First Fight Jiren > UI Goku (First Fight) > Infinite Zamasu

Actually no, Goku scales about Jiren in his first fight against UI Goku due to being able to bring out a fragment of his (Jiren's) True Power and that initial UI Goku scales above Zamasu.

SSB Goku > First Fight Jiren > UI Goku (First Fight) > Infinite Zamasu

So, I should have used UI Goku. I never watched Broly, so I didn't even think that key was for Broly when I made the thread.

Like the boost is so ridiculous, Goku goes from getting shat on by Low 2-C individuals to ROFLslapping a good portion of the tier that either aren't fast enough to react or have no way of haxing him to hell.

AwkguyDB said:
Like the boost is so ridiculous, Goku goes from getting shat on by Low 2-C individuals to ROFLslapping a good portion of the tier that either aren't fast enough to react or have no way of haxing him to hell.
Yeesh. I had no idea DBSB even buffed him at all.

Bro the funny thing is it was all done in that 45 minute timeframe of the ToP, Broly movie is just simply the product of the absolute nonsense that happened in that arc XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back